Indian e-Visa requirements for Ghanaian citizens
Since 2014, the Indian Government has made the Visa for India available to Ghana citizens/passport holders in electronic form. This India visa permits citizens from Ghana and other nations to visit India for brief periods.
Depending on the objective of the visit, these short-term stays can last 30 or 180 days. Under the electronic India Visa or e-Visa India regulations, Ghanaian citizens can visit India for Tourist, Business, or Medical purposes.
1. Types of India e-Visas for Ghanaian citizens
Since September 2014, the Indian government has realized modifications to its visa policy. Because there are several overlapping choices for the same goal.
Ghanaian citizens are eligible for the following types of Indian visas:
- e-Tourist visa: used for tourism and related purposes. With this type of visa, you are able to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival and it cannot be extended or converted.
- e-Business visa: this type of visa allows you to enter India to do business but NOT for employment. You are able to stay in India for up to 365 days if you use an e-Business visa. Moreover, you can go in and out of the country many times you wish, but each period of your stay shall not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference visa: this e-visa type is your allowance to enter India for a conference from the government only. You can stay for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival, with single-entry only.
- e-Medical visa: used when you need to take medical treatment in India. If you use this type, you are able to stay in India for up to 60 days with triple-entry in advance.
2. Indian visa requirements for Ghanaian citizens
Ghanaian citizens must meet the following requirements for an e-visa to India:
- A legal passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India and a blank page for verification markings.
- A scanned copy of your passport biographical page and a photograph that meets passport requirements (clear background and face).
- An email address to receive the e-visa result.
- Travel itinerary: your detailed plan in India will be asked for. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you shall not complete your tour or flight booking before your e-visa is issued.
- Additional documents: you will be asked to provide some related documents. For example, if you need to apply for an e-Business visa, you will provide an invitation letter and/or business card.
3. Apply for an Indian e-Visa from Ghana
- In the first step, Ghanaians can begin the process of obtaining an e-Visa for India by completing a short online form. Before entering personal information for e-visa data, you will select the type of e-visa that you wish to apply for as well as certain information about your admission into India.
- In the second step, Ghanaians must enter their personal information, which includes the following: Name, Birthdate, Nationality, Gender, and The number on a passport.
You must also include details about your travel, such as the dates of arrival and departure
- The third step in the application process is for Ghanaians to pay for the visa.
- In the last step, you will receive an email confirmation of your e-visa application. Remember to check your email periodically to stay up to date on the status of your e-visa and the time you will be received. Finally, after your India e-visa has arrived in your inbox, print at least one copy to show at the chosen port of entry.
Read more: How to apply for India eVisa.
4. India e-Visa for Ghanaian citizens fee and payment method:
To complete the whole application process, you need to know that the total cost you are able to pay contains 02 kinds of India visa fees: the government fee and the service fee. Furthermore, you can add a small fee for COVID-19 insurance as a benefit guarantee for you in case of a circumstance when traveling overseas.
For the government fee, since Ghana is not on the exemption list of India, you need to add this fee to your payment list.
The service fee is adjustable depending on the state of service you need. The following list is 03 service states and can cover your all demand:
- Normal: this is a standardized state of service. You will receive your e-visa within 03 business days if you use this type of service.
- Urgent: a higher state of service that can help you get your e-visa within just 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: the highest state of service that gives you the highest priority. With this service type, you will receive your e-visa within just 05 business hours.
Payment method: this step is the final step of the application process. You can choose electronic payment or wire transfer to complete this step. If you choose electronic payment, consider using the following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.