Indian e-Visa requirements for Ghanaian citizens
- 1. Different types of e-Visa to India for Ghanaian citizens
- 2. Indian visa requirements for Ghanaian citizens
- 3. What are the necessary steps to apply for an e-Visa to India from Ghana?
- 4. When applying for an Indian e-Visa as a Ghanaian citizen, how long does the processing take and how much does it cost?
In terms of landmass, India is the seventh-largest country in the world; its scenery is diversified, ranging from the tropical vegetation of Kerala to the highlands of the Himalayas. India has a population of about one billion people separated into two thousand ethnic groups who speak over two hundred languages.
It should come as no surprise that India boasts a broad range of cultures, monuments, landscapes, and places to visit. Less from a country of its magnitude is unthinkable. India boasts a plethora of tourist attractions that never cease to astound its visitors.
Since 2014, the Indian Government has made the Visa for India available to Ghana citizens/passport holders in electronic form. This India visa permits citizens from Ghana and other nations to visit India for brief periods. Depending on the objective of the visit, these short-term stays can last 30 or 180 days. Under the electronic India Visa or e-Visa India regulations, Ghanaian citizens can visit India for Tourist, Business, or Medical purposes with an e-Visa after meeting all requirements about the online visa.
1. Different types of e-Visa to India for Ghanaian citizens
Since September 2014, the Indian government has realized modifications to its visa policy. Because there are several overlapping choices for the same goal.
Ghanaian citizens are eligible for the following types of Indian visas:
- Indian e-Tourist visa: used for tourism and related purposes. With this type of visa, you are able to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival and it cannot be extended or converted.
- Indian e-Business visa: this type of visa allows you to enter India to do business but NOT for employment. You are able to stay in India for up to 365 days if you use an e-Business visa. Moreover, you can go in and out of the country as many times as you wish, but each period of your stay shall not exceed 180 days.
- Indian e-Conference visa: this e-visa type is your allowance to enter India for a conference from the government only. You can stay for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival, with single entry only.
- Indian e-Medical visa: used when you need to take medical treatment in India. If you use this type, you are able to stay in India for up to 60 days with triple-entry in advance.
2. Indian visa requirements for Ghanaian citizens
Ghanaian citizens must meet the following requirements for an e-visa to India:
- A legal passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India and a blank page for verification markings.
- A scanned copy of your passport biographical page and a photograph that meets passport requirements (clear background and face).
- An email address to receive the e-visa result.
- Travel itinerary: your detailed plan in India will be asked for. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you shall not complete your tour or flight booking before your e-visa is issued.
- Additional documents: you will be asked to provide some related documents. For example, if you need to apply for an e-Business visa, you will provide an invitation letter and/or business card.
3. What are the necessary steps to apply for an e-Visa to India from Ghana?
Applying for a visa for India from Ghana is simple and quick
The 4-step application process:
- In the first step, Ghanaians can begin the process of obtaining an e-Visa for India by completing a short online form. Before entering personal information for e-visa data, you will select the type of e-visa that you wish to apply for as well as certain information about your admission into India.
- In the second step, Ghanaians must enter their personal information, which includes the following: Name, Birthdate, Nationality, Gender, and The number on a passport.
You must also include details about your travel, such as the dates of arrival and departure
- The third step in the application process is for Ghanaians to pay for the visa.
- In the last step, you will receive an email confirmation of your e-visa application. Remember to check your email periodically to stay up to date on the status of your e-visa and the time you will be received. Finally, after your India e-visa has arrived in your inbox, print at least one copy to show at the chosen port of entry.
Read more: How to apply for India eVisa.
4. When applying for an Indian e-Visa as a Ghanaian citizen, how long does the processing take and how much does it cost?
To complete the whole application process, you need to know that the total cost you are able to pay contains 02 kinds of India visa fees: the government fee and the service fee. Furthermore, you can add a small fee for COVID-19 insurance as a benefit guarantee for you in case of a circumstance when traveling overseas.
For the government fee, since Ghana is not on the exemption list of India, you need to add this fee to your payment list.
The service fee is adjustable depending on the state of service you need. The following list is 03 service states that can cover your all demand:
- Normal: this is a standardized state of service. You will receive your e-visa within 03 business days if you use this type of service.
- Urgent: a higher state of service that can help you get your e-visa within just 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: the highest state of service that gives you the highest priority. With this service type, you will receive your e-visa within just 05 business hours.
Payment method: this step is the final step of the application process. You can choose electronic payment or wire transfer to complete this step. If you choose electronic payment, consider using the following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
India Visa Requirements for Ghana Citizens FAQs
No. According to the current standards, you can apply for an India visa for Ghanaians if you are from Ghana. The India visa for Ghanaians is valid for up to a year after it has been approved.
As a Ghanaian national, you can utilize this visa for any tourist purpose in India. You can apply for both a tourist and a business visa. A tourist visa allows you to stay in India for 90 days, but a business visa allows you to stay for 180 days.
Our customer service staff at Indian Immigration Services is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to answer any questions you may have concerning the India visa for Ghanaians. You can contact our support staff if you have any questions. You can contact us by email, and we will respond to all of your inquiries.
You will be denied entrance and deported if you arrive in India without a visa. You might also be barred from entering India for an extended length of time.
Before entering India, all foreign nationals must get a visa from the Indian government. This law has a few exceptions, such as citizens of certain nations who are qualified for visa-free entrance. If you are not a citizen of one of these countries, you must apply for a visa before traveling to India.
A visa can be obtained through an Indian embassy or consulate in your native country. The application procedure differs based on your nationality and the type of visa you want. You will, however, be required to produce your passport, a visa application form, and a current photograph. Other documentation, such as a statement from your work or school saying that you need to travel to India, may also be required.
On the other hand, applying for an Indian e-visa is highly recommended owing to its convenience and quick turnaround time. The application process can be completed online on our website Indian Immigration Services, enabling you to obtain a visa in a maximum of three business days.
Here are some pointers to help you avoid traveling in India without a visa:
- Apply for your visa well in advance of your intended departure date. Obtaining an electronic visa is strongly advisable.
- Check that you have all of the necessary paperwork for your visa application.
- For the most up-to-date information on the visa application procedure, visit the website of the Indian Immigration Services.
- If you are unclear if you require a visa, please contact us immediately.
No, the India e-Business Visa permits qualified nationals to stay in India for short periods of time to perform business activities such as launching a business venture, acquiring or selling industrial or commercial items, and recruiting.
The investor visa for India is valid for ten years and provides the holder with permanent residency in India. Foreign residents must be able to make an initial investment of at least 100 million rupees (US$1.5 million) in an Indian firm to qualify for the investor visa.
An e-Business Visa and an investor visa have distinct qualifying conditions. You must have a valid passport and a letter from your employer or business partner saying that you are coming to India for business purposes to be eligible for an e-Business Visa. You must have a particular amount of investment cash and a business plan to be eligible for an investor visa.
If you are planning to travel to India for business purposes, you should apply for an e-Business Visa. If you are planning to travel to India to invest in businesses, you should apply for an investor visa.
Foreign nationals can use the e-Business Visa to visit India for business purposes. The following are the permitted business activities under the e-Business Visa:
- Attending business events and gatherings, including conferences, seminars, workshops, and trade shows.
- Meeting with customers and business partners: This includes meeting with prospects, existing customers, and business partners.
- Conducting market research: This includes research into potential markets, products, and services.
- Provision, installation, or maintenance of products or services: This includes the provision, installation, or maintenance of products or services sold or contracted in India.
- Participation in Business Training or Training Programs: This includes participation in Business Training or Training Programs offered in India.
Foreign nationals are not permitted to work in India under the e-Business Visa. If you intend to work in India, you must get a separate form of visa, such as a work visa or a business visa.
An e-business Visa can be obtained online. The application procedure is uncomplicated. You must supply information about your passport, contact information, and the purpose of your visit. You must also give a letter from your employer or business partner saying that you are visiting India for business.
To expedite the visa application for India, you can apply through the Indian Immigration Services website. Once you complete the application and submit enough required documents, as well as the visa fees, you can expect to receive your visa in a maximum of three business days.
There are several reasons why medical tourists visit India. Some of the most prevalent explanations are as follows:
- Cost: Healthcare in India is much cheaper than in many other countries. For example, the cost of a heart bypass in India is as small as $10,000, but in the United States, the same surgery can cost more than $100,000.
- Quality: Healthcare quality in India is similar to that in many developed countries. Indian doctors and hospitals are often trained in the United States and Europe and use the same medical equipment and procedures.
- Affordability: India is a relatively inexpensive country to travel to. The cost of living is low, and the cost of accommodation and transportation is affordable.
- Convenience: India is a convenient destination for medical tourism. There are many direct flights in major cities in the United States and Europe, and visa procedures are relatively easy.
- Sophisticated medical tourism infrastructure: India has a sophisticated medical tourism infrastructure. There are many hospitals and clinics for medical tourists and many travel agencies specializing in arranging medical tourism trips to India.
According to the India Tourism Development Corporation, India is the world's second most popular medical tourism destination, trailing only Thailand. In 2019, it is anticipated that 2.5 million medical tourists visited India.
The most popular medical procedures for medical tourists in India include:
- Cardiac surgery: Heart bypass surgery, angioplasty, and valve replacement surgery.
- Orthopedic surgery: Hip replacement surgery, knee replacement surgery, and spinal surgery.
- Urological surgery: Kidney transplant surgery, prostate cancer surgery, and bladder cancer surgery.
- Cancer treatment: Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery.
- Cosmetic surgery: Breast augmentation, liposuction, and rhinoplasty.
If you are thinking about medical tourism in India, you should make sure you have travel insurance that covers medical bills as well.
Yes, you can get an emergency visa for India. Foreigners who need to visit India in an emergency are awarded an Emergency Indian Visa (eVisa for emergencies). You can apply for an emergency India visa if you live outside of India and need to visit India for a crisis or urgent cause, such as the loss of a family member or cherished one, appearing in court for legal reasons, or your family member or cherished one is suffering from a serious sickness.
If you submit a regular application, you will generally receive your visa for India within three days, and it will be sent to you. Regardless, applying for a visa many weeks before departure is advisable. This way, you won't be taken off guard just as you're about to go on your quest. You didn't have the time or resources to do it? Then, at the last minute, you can apply for a visa via the emergency application process.
In comparison to other visas, such as the Indian Tourist Visa, Indian Business Visa, and Indian Medical Visa, an Emergency Visa to India or Emergency Indian eTA application takes far less time to prepare. If you need to travel to India for non-emergency reasons, such as sightseeing, visiting a friend, or attending a troubled relationship, you will not be eligible for an Indian emergency visa. As a result, you will need to apply for a suitable visa depending on the purpose of your trip. One feature of the essential or emergency Indian e-visa application is that it is completed even on weekends for persons who need to go to India due to an emergency or unanticipated scenario.
An Emergency Visa for India can be sought via the Indian Immigration Services website in case of an immediate and pressing need. This might be a family death, a personal or close relative's illness, or a court appearance. Furthermore, an urgent processing payment must be made for your emergency eVisa to visit India. With this service, you may get an Emergency Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) in as little as 5 hours. This is excellent if you are short on time or have a last-minute travel to India and want an Indian visa immediately.