Indian visa from Kenya - Requirements and fees
India is a vast and varied location. Bordered by Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Myanmar, as well as the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal, the country has many varied faces.
Within India's borders, there are over 20 official languages, numerous religions, and a wide range of cuisines. Travel is essential for experiencing the depth of Indian culture and history.
India, as known as one of the most unique countries in the world, is a good destination for vacations and business trips.
As a Kenyan, you need to apply for a Visa if you wish to enter India since Kenya is not on India’s exemption country list. Fortunately, that process is more feasible and effortless now thanks to the e-Visa service that can help you apply for an Indian Visa from Kenya online regardless of your location.
1. Indian Visas from Kenya: Types of Popular e-Visas
The Indian government has launched different types of visas for different reasons visitors may travel there. Before you begin the visa application process, Kenyans who are planning a visit to the Republic of India should consider the type of visa they need.
- Tourist e-Visa: For one month, you can stay in the Republic of India for tourism or visit family and friends.
- Business e-Visa: allows you to stay for 1 year and enter multiple times.
- Medical e-Visa: you can stay in India for two months and enter three times.
- Conference e-Visa: With a single entry, you can stay in India for one month.
2. The requirements necessary to obtain an Indian e-Visa from Kenya
The following Indian e-Visa requirements for Kenyan citizens are straightforward and should be prepared before submitting an online registration form for an Indian Online Visa:
- A copy of your Kenya passport which must be valid for six (06) months from the date of entry in the Republic of India with at least 2 blank pages for stamping.
- A current passport-sized photo of your face with a clear background.
- Recommended: Your trip itinerary or business invitation letter or any document showing your purpose for the trip.
Following that, applicants from the Republic of Kenya must complete an online application. They will submit the following simple information: Name, date of birth, gender, nationality, contact information, passport number, and trip information. Please remember that the email address you provide must be legitimate and that you will check it frequently to receive updates and your India Online Visa.
Any other requirements, if any, to complete your application will be instructed by our experts so that you no longer need to worry about how to meet these requirements.
3. Apply for an Indian e-Visa from Kenya
An Indian Visa application for citizens of Kenya can be completed in four steps:
- Step 1: To get your Indian Online Visa, you must fill out the application form. Here, you will choose the type of e-Visa and the processing time you desire. You will also need to provide personal information and passport details.
- Step 2: Once you have submitted the form, you must make the Indian e-Visa fee payment online. Then, you can check your email for updates or information from the site. If needed, additional documentation may be requested.
- Step 3: Check your email for updates about the progress of your India visa application, as the processing time is determined by the kind of processing time you specified. Once approved, applicants must complete the following steps:
Get your e-Visa printed before you leave for India.
When you arrive in India, ensure that you have all the above-mentioned documents ready to show your visa to the immigration agents.
- Step 4: Obtain a stamp on your Indian visa from immigration at the airport or port.
Once you receive your Indian visa stamp, you are ready to depart!
4. The cost of an Indian e-visa for Kenyan citizens
Basically, the applicant from Kenya will pay the government fee, which is required by the Indian government, and the service fee, which is charged on simplifying your process to obtain an Indian e-Visa in the easiest way.
With processing time, we provide 3 service options for you and each of these will have a different level of fee:
- Normal: used in most cases when you have enough time for preparation and wait for a response. With this option, you can get your e-Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in special cases when you just have a little time for all processes. You can get your e-Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: in emergencies when you need to get your e-Visa in hours. With this option, our experts will support you to get your approved e-Visa as soon as possible.
In addition, you are recommended to buy COVID-19 insurance to benefit both your finances and e-Visa approval. We also supply some other add-on services in an effort to help you improve your experience in India.
For the final step, both electronic transactions and wire transfers are accepted to make payment. You have various selections, such as Visa, Master Card, American Express, or PayPal to choose from.
India Visa Requirements for Kenya Citizens FAQs
Kenya applicants need to pay two types of visa fees in order to obtain an Indian e-Visa which are the Government fee and the Service fee.
The Government fee is the amount that is paid to the Indian Immigration Department to grant Kenya passport holders their visas. Each type of Indian eVisa has a different Government fee.
On the other hand, the service fee is determined by the processing time that Kenyan citizens select for their visa application. The sooner they get their e-Visa, the higher fee they need to pay. India Immigration Services offers 03 options for Indian e-Visa processing time.
- Standard service: in most cases when Kenyan visitors have time to prepare documentation and wait for a result. Their visa approval will be sent to their email within 03 business days. With this service, applicants will pay US$69.
- Urgent service: Kenyan nationals will get their Indian eVisa within 24 hours. This service costs a higher fee than the standard one. Applicants have to pay an additional US$79 for this service.
- Super Urgent: Kenya passport holders can utilize the Rush visa service to obtain a visa in just 05 business hours. This service has the highest fee. It charges the applicant an extra US$99.
Yes. Because Kenya is not included in the visa waiver program of the Indian Government, Kenya citizens are required to have a visa to enter the country.
Tourism in India is growing rapidly with an influx of tourists from around the world, including Kenyan tourists. They travel to this fascinating country to experience India’s rich culture, heritage, and incredible natural landscapes. The enchanting beaches, and pilgrimage sites, with an abundance of wildlife, have made India an attractive destination for Kenyan citizens.
Kenya passport holders can apply for an Indian eVisa in two ways:
- Apply for a regular visa at the Embassy or the Consulate
- Apply for an Indian electronic visa online on the Indian Immigration Services website. This option is recommended for Kenyan travelers because it helps them to save both time and cost. Please note that the Indian eVisa is an electronic authorization to travel to India for tourism, business, conference, or medical visits.
The Indian e-Visa is non-extendable and non-convertible. That means travelers have to obtain a new visa if they wish to stay in the country longer.
An Indian eVisa allows its holders to remain in the country for a short period of time. Travelers should stay in India within the allowed period to avoid any troubles overstaying a visa may cause.
- e-Tourist Visa: Kenyan travelers can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of arrival.
India Tourist Visa for 1 Year and 5 Years allow multiple entries to India and the staying time for each continuous trip is at most 90 days.
- e-Business Visa: Kenyan tourists may only stay for up to 180 days on a trip. They can enter India multiple times within a year validity period of this eVisa.
- e-Conference Visa: Kenya travelers can stay in India for up to 30 days from the day of their arrival.
- e-Medical Visa: With this visa, Kenyan nationals are allowed to stay in India for a maximum of 60 days from the date of their first entry. It entitles triple entries into India.
A considerable benefit for our customers at Indian Immigration Services is that they can select the processing time for their applications. As a result, they can expect to receive their Indian eVisa in a maximum of 03 business days. The Rush visa service is also available to Kenyan nationals, enabling them to get a visa as soon as 05 business hours.
Indian Immigration Services provides customers with 03 service categories:
- Standard service: Kenyan citizens can get their Indian e-Visa within 03 working days of her.
- Urgent service: This service is available to Kenyan travelers who have little time to prepare for their visa applications. We can help applicants get their visas in just 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: It only takes 05 working hours to issue an Indian visa to Kenyan passport holders.
Kenyan passport holders can pay their visa fees using one of the following payment methods:
- Electronic payments (Debit, Credit Card, PayPal, or American Express)
- Wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus
Kenyan citizens are required to pay two types of visa fees: The Government fee and the Service fee. The payment should be made during the application process. Once the application has been submitted to the Government, the applicants cannot modify any information. Any changes after this time will be charged as a new application.
Kenyan citizens should provide us with all the correct information required for their requested visa at the time of their intended departure. Indian Immigration Services cannot be held responsible for any visa granted incorrectly or refused entry due to incorrect visa information and any losses incurred. We strongly recommend applicants check their visa confirmation letter against their passport and personal information prior to departure.
The longest Indian eVisa for Kenyan passport holders is the tourist eVisa for 5 years. This type of visa is granted to Kenyan travelers who wish to have a longer trip to India for purposes such as sightseeing, visiting friends or relatives, etc. Holders of a 05-year India e-tourist visa can stay in India within the 05 years validity period of the visa, with each trip not exceeding 90 days.
Additionally, two other types of Indian tourist eVisas are also available to Kenyan nationals: Tourist eVisa 30 days (double entry), and 1 year (multiple entries).