Indian e-Visa requirements for Japanese citizens
Japanese citizens who wish to travel to India can apply for an online visa, often known as an Indian e-Visa. The Indian visa for Japanese citizens is divided into four subcategories: e-Tourist visa, e-Business visa, e-Conference visa and e-Medical visa. So, if a Japanese person is traveling to India for business, medical treatment, or tourism, the citizen must register for an Indian e-visa before arriving. Travelers can simply obtain a visa by filling out an online form that includes sections for filling out one's passport information and personal details.
1. Types of Indian e-Visa for Japanese citizens
Before entering India, a Japanese citizen must obtain an e-Visa. Before applying for an India e-Visa, the applicant must have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the applicant's estimated date of arrival in India. The applicant's passport must contain at least two blank pages that will allow border control officials to stamp upon entry and departure with an immigration stamp. The duration of the visa is determined by the type of India e-Visa.
- e-Tourist Visa: You will be able to stay in India for 30 days from the date of arrival with this type of Visa. Tourist e-Visas are single-entry and cannot be swapped or converted.
If you want to stay longer in this nation for leisure purposes, to visit relatives and friends, or to participate in short-term yoga programs and local language classes, you can apply for a long-term e-tourist visa, such as the India Tourist Visa for 1 Year and 5 Years. These visas allow Japanese citizens multiple entries into India and a stay of less than 180 days for each consecutive journey.
- e-Business Visa: When you plan to travel to India on business, you will utilize this type. The validity period for this type is 365 days from the date of issuance, and you may visit India as many times as you like. Each stay cannot be longer than 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: When you want to enter India for a conference or a seminar arranged by a government office. You can stay in India for up to 30 days from the day of your arrival, and you can only enter once.
- e-Medical Visa & Medical Attendant: These e-visas enable you to enter India for medical treatment or healthcare services. Attendants accompanying e-Medical visa holders may be granted a Medical Attendant visa. You can enter the nation three times with these types of e-visas and remain for a total of 60 days from the date of your initial arrival.
2. Requirements for Japanese citizens seeking an Indian e-Visa
There are requirements for the Indian visa as Japanese citizens, and as such, applicants must learn what they need to know before applying in order to avoid wasting application costs and being ineligible. After it has been processed and issued electronically, the Indian Visa for Japanese citizens will be emailed to the applicant. At the port of entry, the passport will be stamped.
When applying for an Indian e-Visa from Japan, the following documents will be required:
- The traveler's digital photograph with a clear face and background.
- A valid passport has a validity of at least 06 months from the entry date in India and 02 blank pages for verification.
- Itinerary for travel. It is strongly advised that you should not confirm your flight and tour bookings until your Indian e-visa has been obtained.
Keep in mind that if you choose a different type of Indian e-Visa than the tourist one, you may be required to provide additional papers, as listed below:
- An invitation letter from the host, as well as the host's ID card/passport (for a Business visa).
- A medical letter from a hospital in India. To apply, attendees must have an e-Visa number from an e-Medical holder (for a Medical visa).
- An invitation letter from the conference organizer and political clearance from the Government of India's Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) (For e-conference visa).
3. Make an application for an e-Visa to India as a resident of Japan
Four simple steps for Japanese citizens applying for an Indian Visa:
- Step 1: Begin by completing the Indian visa application form. In this step, you will choose the type of e visa and the processing time you wish. You are required to add personal information and passport details.
- Step 2: After completing the form, you must pay your e-Visa fee online. After that, all you have to do is check your email for any more information or updates from the site. You may be asked to supply additional documentation to help with the processing of your Indian visa.
- Step 3: After a few working days, check your email to track the progress of your India visa application. The processing time for your visa is determined by the type of processing time you specified.
Following approval, applicants must accomplish the following:
Get your visa clearance email in your email.
Print it out in preparation for the trip to India.
Make sure you have all of the above-mentioned documents ready to exhibit to immigration agents together with your visa when you arrive in India.
- Step 4: Receive a stamp at border control
Present your Indian visa and have it stamped by immigration at the airport or seaport.
At the India immigration desk, have the Indian visa stamped into your passport, and you're ready to leave!
4. Indian e-Visa fees and payment options for citizens of Japan
There are two kinds of India e-Visa fees: required government fees and adjustable service fees.
Regarding the government fee, it is compulsory for Japanese nationals because Japan is not on the exemption list of India.
As previously said, you have the choice of picking the type of service that is best suited to your requirements. As a result, we'd like to offer you three e-Visa options:
- Normal: This is a standard service that guarantees you will have your e-Visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: a higher level of service that guarantees you will obtain your e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: the highest level of service, ensuring that you have your e-Visa around 05 working hours.
Electronic transactions and wire transfers (HSBC Bank transaction) are accepted for the payment methods. You can pay with a simple way such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal.
You should also purchase Covid-19 Insurance before traveling to India, which will cover you against a multitude of hazards, including the Covid pandemic, while you are not in your own country. Because this is optional, you should think about it depending on your particular personal circumstances.