Indian e-Visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
India, known as Buddhism's place of origin, is one of the most attractive places to visit in the world recently, more than a half of visitors come for religious pilgrimages and festivals.
According to the Indian government, an e-Visa system is available for citizens of 166 countries (including New Zealand citizens) to obtain, making the Visa process easier for applicants.
In this article, we-as an experienced travel consultant-will show you all information about e-Visa, including the requirements and fees of this Visa type and how to get an e-Visa without spending too much money and effort.
1. Indian e-Visa for New Zealand citizens
Since its date of launching, the Indian e-Visa is a top choice for visitors to travel for a short time in India because of its convenience, and more importantly, the total fee for this visa type is a lot cheaper than the casual one.
In general, these are 4 most common types of e-Visa you need to know:
- e-Tourist Visa: you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your entry. Once you enter India, you cannot leave and go back because this type is single-entry.
- e-Business Visa: the duration of this visa type is 365 days from the date of granting. You also have an allowance to get in and out of India multiple times, and each staying period should not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with single-entry permission only.
- e-Medical Visa: the duration of this type is 60 days from the date of your first arrival with triple-entry.
When New Zealand citizens receive any type of e-visa, they must also bring a copy with them when traveling because it must be produced to Indian Immigration and Border Control officers upon arrival.
2. Indian e Visa requirements for New Zealand citizens:
To apply for an Indian e-Visa from New Zealand, there is a list of documents you should prepare to obtain and get approval from Indian authorities, including:
- A valid passport that has at least 6 months validity from the date of your arrival alongside a scanned copy of your biographical page of it and your passport-sized photograph with clear background and face.
- Travel itinerary, proof of accommodation, invitation letter, return/onward ticket, business card: all these documents will be required in specific cases, depending on the type of e-Visa you want to get.
- An available and frequently used to receive your e-Visa result.
After completing these documents, you can send us in order to proceed to the next steps.
3. Indian e-Visa fee for New Zealand citizens
To apply for an Indian e-Tourist visa, New Zealanders must complete an online application form. Personal information such as name, date, and place of birth, first and last name, citizenship, country of birth, and so on will be requested of applicants. Applicants will also be required to supply other information such as religion, visible identity marks, marital status, and so on.
Filling out the online Indian e-Visa application should be done with caution to prevent making mistakes. The information on the form must correspond to the information on the applicant's passport.
Applicants for the Indian e-Tourist visa must also pay a processing fee for the e-Visa application using a valid debit or credit card. After making the money, the applicant will be able to check the application before submitting it.
4. Indian e-Visa fee for New Zealand citizens
To complete the whole application process, you need to pay for 2 main kinds of India e-Visa fees: government and service fee.
For the government fee, as mentioned before, since New Zealand is not in the India exemption list, for people from this beautiful country, government fee is compulsory.
For the service, you can choose 1 from these following options to suit your travel demand:
- Normal: this standardized service is the most money-saving choice. If you have enough time to prepare your papers and wait for a response. The waiting time of this type is within 3 business days.
- Urgent: if you use this advanced type of e-Visa, you will receive your result within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: this type is used in priority cases when you need to get your e-Visa in hours. If you choose this type of service, you can get your result within around 5 business hours.
In addition, you can add a small amount of money for COVID-19 insurance in order to increase your chance of getting approved as well as keep you benefit when going overseas.
Payment method: you can choose either electronic payment or wire transfer. If you choose electronic payment, consider using these following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor