Indian e-Visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
India, known as Buddhism's place of origin, is one of the most attractive places to visit in the world recently, more than half of visitors come for religious pilgrimages and festivals. According to the Indian government, an e-Visa system is available for citizens of 166 countries (including New Zealand citizens) to obtain, making the Visa process easier for applicants. In this article, we-as an experienced travel consultant-will show you all information about the Indian e-Visa, including the requirements and fees of this Visa type and how to get an e-Visa without spending too much money and effort.
1. What type of visa is required for New Zealand citizens to travel to India?
Since its date of launching, the Indian e-Visa is a top choice for visitors to travel for a short time in India because of its convenience, and more importantly, the total fee for this visa type is a lot cheaper than the casual one.
In general, these are 4 most common types of Indian e-Visa you need to know:
- Indian e-Tourist Visa: you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your entry. Once you enter India, you cannot leave and go back because this type is a single entry.
- Indian e-Business Visa: the duration of this visa type is 365 days from the date of granting. You also have an allowance to get in and out of India multiple times, and each staying period should not exceed 180 days.
- Indian e-Conference Visa: you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with single-entry permission only.
- Indian e-Medical Visa: the duration of this type is 60 days from the date of your first arrival with triple entry.
When New Zealand citizens receive any type of e-visa, they must also bring a copy with them when traveling because it must be produced to Indian Immigration and Border Control officers upon arrival.
2. Indian e-visa requirements for New Zealand citizens:
To apply for an Indian e-Visa from New Zealand, there is a list of documents you should prepare to obtain and get approval from Indian authorities, including:
- A valid passport that has at least 6 months validity from the date of your arrival alongside a scanned copy of your biographical page of it and your passport-sized photograph with clear background and face.
- Travel itinerary, proof of accommodation, invitation letter, return/onward ticket, business card: all these documents will be required in specific cases, depending on the type of e-Visa you want to get.
- An available and frequently used to receive your e-Visa result.
After completing these documents, you can send us in order to proceed to the next steps.
3. Applying for an Indian visa online from New Zealand
To apply for an Indian e-Tourist visa, New Zealanders must complete an online application form. Personal information such as name, date, place of birth, first and last name, citizenship, country of birth, and so on will be requested of applicants. Applicants will also be required to supply other information such as religion, visible identity marks, marital status, and so on.
Filling out the online Indian e-Visa application should be done with caution to prevent making mistakes. The information on the form must correspond to the information on the applicant's passport.
Applicants for the Indian e-Tourist visa must also pay a processing fee for the e-Visa application using a valid debit or credit card. After making the money, the applicant will be able to check the application before submitting it.
4. What is the cost of an Indian e-Visa for New Zealand citizens?
To complete the whole application process, you need to pay 2 main kinds of India e-Visa fees: government and service fees.
For the government fee, as mentioned before, since New Zealand is not on the India exemption list, for people from this beautiful country, a government fee is compulsory.
For the service, you can choose 1 from the following options to suit your travel demand:
- Normal: This standardized service is the most money-saving choice. If you have enough time to prepare your papers and wait for a response. The waiting time for this type is within 3 business days.
- Urgent: if you use this advanced type of e-Visa, you will receive your result within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: this type is used in priority cases when you need to get your e-Visa in hours. If you choose this type of service, you can get your result within around 5 business hours.
In addition, you can add a small amount of money for COVID-19 insurance in order to increase your chance of getting approved as well as keep your benefit when going overseas.
Payment method: you can choose either electronic payment or wire transfer. If you choose electronic payment, consider using the following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
India Visa Requirements for New Zealand Citizens FAQs
Yes. New Zealand citizens need a visa to enter India. Regardless of the duration of stay or reason for travel, New Zealand passport holders are needed to have an authorized visa for India.
New Zealand citizens are among the 170 nations that may apply for an internet visa to India. The streamlined Indian eVisa application for New Zealanders enables tourists to receive electronic travel authorization for India from the convenience of their own homes.
This online visa to enter India eliminates the need to visit an embassy or consulate in person to submit an application or to wait in long border lines to apply for an Indian visa on arrival. The conventional visa application method is applying in person at an Indian embassy or consulate in New Zealand. However, it is now feasible to apply for an India eVisa from New Zealand just online.
More information is available on the India visa policy, where New Zealanders may understand in detail how the online visa works.
There are a few ways to travel to India from New Zealand. You can fly, take a cruise, or even drive.
- By plane: This is the most prevalent mode of transportation between the two nations. Auckland has nonstop flights to Delhi, Mumbai, and Chennai. The flight lasts around 16 hours.
- By ship: A few cruise lines provide voyages that include stops in India. Typically, these cruises begin in Singapore or Dubai and travel to Mumbai or Chennai. The voyage lasts around two weeks.
- By car: This is not a frequent mode of transportation between the two nations, but it is an option. Driving via Australia and Southeast Asia would be required. The journey takes about three weeks.
Whatever route you take, you will need to apply for an Indian visa before you leave. A visa can be obtained online or at the Indian embassy or consulate in New Zealand.
Here are some things to keep in mind when planning your trip to India from New Zealand:
- The shoulder seasons (October to November and March to April) are the finest times to visit India.
- The Indian rupee is the country's currency.
- Although Hindi is the official language of India, English is widely spoken.
- If you are traveling from New Zealand to India, you must be immunized against yellow fever.
Yes, New Zealand nationals may still obtain a 10-year visa to India. Since March 16, 2022, the Indian government has reinstated all valid normal paper and e-visas, including 10-year tourist visas.
However, there are several limitations to using 10-year visas. You cannot, for example, stay in India for more than 180 days in a single visa year. Additionally, a 10-year visa also does not allow you to work in India.
If you are a New Zealand citizen and you have a 10-year visa to India, you can still use it to travel to India. However, you should check with the Indian embassy or consulate in New Zealand before you travel to make sure that your visa is still valid.
The processing time for an Indian visa is determined by the visa service you use. An Indian e-visa normally takes between 5 and 72 business hours to process, however, it may take longer if your application is incomplete or there are any issues with your paperwork.
New Zealand passport holders can now apply for an Indian e-visa for short-term visits to the country on the website Indian Immigration Services. We provide applicants with three visa services for their convenience. Here are some tips to help you get a visa for India quickly:
- Apply for your visa early: The earlier you apply for your visa, the sooner you will receive it.
- Complete your application carefully: Make certain that you thoroughly complete your application and give all of the relevant paperwork.
- Check the status of your application: You can check the status of your application online on our website.
Is Indian eSim the greatest way for you to see this vast country? Yes.
Is eSIM available in India? Yes.
Will an India eSIM provide you with a dependable connection to travel throughout the country? Yes!
The greatest thing is that a digital eSIM card for India is simple to obtain and install on your smartphone. From the minute you arrive, it will link you to local carriers in India. No muss, no fuss. Simply said, it's convenient and economical.
Travelers can easily purchase an Indian eSim while applying for a visa on the Indian Immigration Services website. The price for an eSim is affordable, and you will save a significant amount of time finding the best eSim provider in India. Upon purchasing an e-SIM card in India, travelers will receive a QR code via email for installation purposes. Subsequently, our dedicated staff will reach out to you, providing step-by-step assistance in installing and setting up the e-SIM on your devices.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing an eSIM in India:
- Price: The cost of an eSIM is reasonable
- Coverage: Check that the eSIM you select has enough coverage in the places you will be traveling in India.
- Data: Think about how much data you'll need for your trip to India. If you want to use a lot of data, you should select an eSIM plan with a larger data allocation.
There are different types of Indian visas, and the validity period for each type of visa varies.
- Tourist e-Visa: Tourists can get a multiple-entry visa that allows for up to 90 days of stay for each entry. These tourist e visas are valid for up to 1 or 5 years from the issued date. Applicants can also get a double-entry tourist visa, which permits them to remain for a total of 30 days.
- Business e-Visa: Allows visitors to stay in India for up to 180 days during its one-year validity. Can be utilized for business objectives such as meetings and contract negotiations, training, or attending a conference, workshop, or symposium.
- Medical e-Visa: This visa is issued to travelers who want to seek medical treatment in India, as well as up to two companions who want to travel with the patient (although it is only accessible as a patient visa for minors). It allows for a maximum of 60 consecutive days of stay and is valid for 120 days from the date of approval.
The kind of visa you apply for and the purpose of your travel will determine the validity duration of your visa. For example, if you apply for a tourist visa, you will be granted a 30-day visa, a 1-year visa, or a 5-year visa.
The validity duration of your visa may be seen on your visa stamp. The visa stamp will also provide the dates of your arrival and departure.
If you need to stay in India longer than the visa's validity period, you can ask for an extension. You can request an extension from your local Foreigners' Regional Registration Office (FRRO).