Travel Benefits By Ship
Shipping Corporation of India Ltd or SCI manages and operates passenger vessels belonging to the Andaman and Nicobar Administration and the Lakshadweep Administration. The Liner and Passenger Ship Division of SCI also operate two passenger vessels owned by the Shipping Corporation of India in the Andaman and Nicobar Sector.
Regular passenger ship services are available to Port Blair from Chennai, Calcutta and Visakhapatnam. There are three to four sailings every month from Calcutta and Chennai to Port Blair and vice-versa. There is one sailing a month from Visakhapatnam. The voyage takes around 50 to 60 hours and the ship normally berths at Port Blair for about two to four days. Ships to Lakshadweep are available from Kochi. Discounts are available for islanders.
Private Cruise Ship companies and travel agencies offer a variety of cruises to Lakshadweep and the Andamans. From time to time they have special offers, discounts and tailored packages for senior citizens. Before booking such a trip it is always a good idea to bargain for extra discounts and freebies.
- The Indian Government allows travelers to apply for e-Tourist Visa from Oct 15, 2021.
- India to Allow Validity Extension of Business Visa to Up to 15 years
- India makes it easier for foreign nationals’ entry
- India e-visa is now available for Saudi Arabia
- Indian mission warns UAE job seekers over visa status
- Visiting India? e-Visa rules modified
- Announcement of new Indian e-Visa Fee of Country/Territory Wise
- Requirments for Extension of Visa
- Extension of eTourist Visa scheme to 37 more countries
- Indian government extends eTourist visa for 36 more countries