Can UAE residents travel to India?
Yes, UAE residents can travel to India. Travelers from the United Arab Emirates must get a valid visa before arriving in India. Visitors can apply for visas online by visiting the India Immigration Services website.
Currently, there are five sub-categories of the India e-Visa available:
- Indian e-tourist visa
- Indian e-business visa
- Indian e-conference visa
- Indian e-medical visa
Visitors can choose an e-visa subtype based on the purpose of their visit. It is important to know that electronic visas cannot be renewed, and they are only valid for the time specified upon arrival in India. If the visitor's e-visa expires, he or she must apply for a new visa.
In addition to a valid visa, UAE residents must also meet the following requirements to travel to India:
- a valid passport for at least six months at the time the application is filed
- a return or subsequent travel ticket
- a recent front-facing photograph with a white background
- extra papers depending on the e-Visa sub-category
Additionally, you must take a copy of your Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) with you on your journey. If you are traveling from a Yellow Fever-prone country, you may additionally need to bring a Yellow Fever Vaccination Card.
- Can I fly from Dubai to Goa?
- Can I get an Indian visa for medical reasons?
- Is it safe to travel to Mumbai now?
- Can I travel to India with old OCI and new UAE passport?
- How to travel to India from UAE?
- How to travel to India from Singapore?
- Is India good for tourism?
- Why is India a famous tourist place?
- What is the Indian Tourist Visa Validity?