International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day has a long history dating back more than 100 years. In 1908, when 15,000 women protested in New York City demanding shorter working hours, better pay and the voting rights. A year later, on 28th February 1909, the Socialist Party of America celebrated the first National Woman's Day.
The idea of having an international day for women was suggested by Clara Zetkin – a German activist for women’s rights in 1910 at an International Conference of Working Women in Copenhagen. There were 100 women from many countries around the world had agreed on her suggestion in that conference. A year later, in 1911, 8th of March was first celebrated in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland. In 1917, Russian women protested for ‘Bread and Peace’ on 8th of March (on the Gregorian calendar) in the capital of the Russian Empire, Petrograd. This later marked the beginning of the February Revolution and the October Revolution made up the Russian Revolution.
In 1975, the United Nations officially recognized 8th of March as the International Women’s Day making the day celebrated annually worldwide to honor the achievements of women, promote women rights as well as gender parity.
With family, this meaningful day is also a chance for family members to show their love and appreciation to those women whom are wives, mothers and sisters for all the incredible things they have done for family as well as society.
Together join with the World to celebrate International Women’s day, we sincerely offer the special promotion with the code: WDAY20
Insert the Promo Code through The e-Visa application and service fee will be 40% OFF.
The program will end on March 31st 2020.
- Top 6 Best Honeymoon Destinations In India
- Discover The Eco-Friendly Beaches In India Winning The Blue Flag Award
- Top 5 best national parks in India for your travel in 2022
- Top gorgeous traditional clothing in India make up the Indian cultural identity
- Diwali - Light Up Your Soul With India’s Festival Of Lights
- Indian Immigration Services suggests India as an ideal destination for wellness tourism
- What You Need To Know About India E-visa Photo Requirements
- Get DISCOUNT 40% for Holi - The World's Most Colorful Festival.
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Republic Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Five useful tips for your India trip
- Top 3 places for a wonderful trip to India
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for you to discover India's Heaven
- India applies free e-visa for Indonesians
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 5 Tips for India first-timers (Part 1)
- Mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- The mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 1
- Great festivals in India, great Deal for e-Visa!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- India eVisa information
- Where to go in India
- Indian Cuisines
- Holidays in India in 2015
- Things to know before visiting India
- Overview about India
- India changes name of visa on arrival to eVisa
- India launches new visa rules to boost tourism
- Top 10 tourist attractions in India
- Weather in India