Indian e-Visa for Australian citizens 2024 - Requirements & Fees
Australians, like most other nationalities, must obtain a visa before traveling to India. The application process for any visa can be complicated and time-consuming. Consider all of the paperwork that must be arranged, application forms that must be completed, and the journey to the embassy, which may deter some Australians from visiting India. However, to boost tourism, the Indian government has made applying for an Indian visa from Australia both quick and simple. Australian citizens can now meet all the Indian e-Visa requirements to apply for a visa online, from the comfort of their own homes, thanks to the launch of the e-Visa. This saves them time and money because they no longer need to travel to the nearest Indian embassy.
- 1. India e-Visa from Australia:
- 3. Indian e-Visa fees for Australian citizens/ Visa to India from Australia cost
- India eVisa Benefits for Australians
- What else should I keep in mind before visiting India?
1. India e-Visa from Australia:
As announced on the Indian government website, Australians need a tourist Visa when going to India. The Indian government grants Australians a tourist Visa that lasts for 30 consecutive days. You can apply for a tourist Visa from Australia through the e-Visa system. In addition, for visitors who want to visit India for business purposes, conference participation, or medical activities, the Indian e-visa is also the best choice.
Now, there are 4 types of e-Visa available for Australian citizens to enter India:
- e-Tourist Visa: valid in 30 days from the date of arrival in India, single-entry, and cannot be extended.
- e-Business Visa: valid in 365 days, multiple-entry, each entry shall not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: valid for 30 days, single-entry only.
- e-Medical Visa: valid in 60 days, triple-entry in total.
- Ayush visa: valid for 60 days with triple entries
Am I eligible to get an India Tourist Visa in Australia?
To be eligible to apply for an India Tourist Visa from Australia, you must meet the following requirements:
- be a citizen of Australia
- be visiting India for leisure, to see friends and relatives, to take short-term courses, or for other non-business reasons
- hold a valid Australian passport with at least six months of validity left and at least two blank pages
- have proof of trip itinerary (e.g., plane tickets or hotel reservations)
- have proof of financial capability to maintain oneself while in India
- have no intention of working in India because the tourist visa does not enable employment
By using the e-Visa system, you can apply for an Indian Visa from Australia online, which means that is no longer a concern for Australian citizens about applying and waiting for Visa approval at the embassy.
The e-Visa India application process contains three steps for Australians:
- Complete the online India visa application for Australians.
- Make a payment of the Indian visa fee and send some necessary documents.
- Receive your India e-visa by email.
Throughout the application, you do not need to commute or spend time waiting at an embassy.
The entire process does not take longer than 15 minutes. After a maximum of 3 business days, you will receive an email from the embassy with your Indian e-Visa. That document must be printed and brought with you to the airport. It is recommended that you keep your Visa with you at all times while in India.
To complete paperwork, you should following requirements for India e-Visa application:
- Valid passport which has at least 6 valid months from the date of arrival in India, with at least 1 blank page for stamping.
- Passport-standardized portrait photo with white background, PNG format.
- Business invitation letter for business purpose and Itinerary plan in India for travel purpose.
- Optional: your Indian travel insurance can be added in your document file.
What to do if one of your eVisa India documents from Australia expires?
To successfully submit an eVisa application, you must have an Australian passport that is valid for at least 6 months from your scheduled arrival date in India.
If you find that your Australian government-issued passport does not have this period of validity and will expire sooner, you may need to renew your passport before proceeding with the India eVisa application procedure.
3. Indian e-Visa fees for Australian citizens/ Visa to India from Australia cost
To pay the total cost of an India Visa for Australian citizens, first thing first, you need to know that there are two Indian visa fees for Australian citizens - a service fee and a government fee, as COVID-19 insurance is optional. For a service fee, we offer you 3 options and you can choose flexibly depending on your demands:
- Normal: used in most cases when you have enough time and can wait for a response. In this option, you just need to wait for a maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in special cases, especially when you need to get Visa in a day. You will get your Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: used in emergencies when you need to get your e-Visa in hours. When choosing this option, your result can arrive around 5 business hours.
Payment method of visa to India from Australia cost: both electronic transactions and wire transfers are accepted. You can choose various payment units to complete your payment, such as Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal.
Is there any direct flight from Australia to India
Yes, there are several direct flights from Australia to India. The following airlines offer direct flights from Australia to India.
- Air India: Air India offers direct flights from Melbourne, Sydney and Perth to Delhi and Mumbai.
- Emirates: Emirates offers direct flights from Sydney and Melbourne to Dubai and connections to Mumbai and Delhi.
- Etihad Airways: Etihad Airways offers direct flights from Sydney and Melbourne to Abu Dhabi and connections to Mumbai and Delhi.
- Singapore Airlines: Singapore Airlines offers direct flights from Sydney and Melbourne to Singapore and connections to Mumbai and Delhi.
The flight time from Australia to India depends on the city in India where you want to fly. The flight time from Sydney to Mumbai is about 15 hours, while Melbourne to Delhi is about 17 hours.
The cost of a direct flight from Australia to India depends on the airline, time zone, and travel class. However, in general, you can expect to pay AUD$1,500 - AUD$3,000 for round-trip tickets.
If you're looking for the cheapest option, we recommend using a budget airline like Scoot or Jetstar. However, these airlines may not offer direct flights and may have longer flight times.
India eVisa Benefits for Australians
Australian nationals can use the India eVisa application to:
- In just a few minutes, you may apply for a visa from India from the comfort of your own home.
- Upload printed copies of supporting documents
- Receive an authorized eVisa by email, eliminating the need to schedule an appointment to pick up a document at an embassy or consulate.
- Pay the eVisa fee with a credit/debit card through a secure online system.
- Simply submit a copy of the approved eVisa at a border checkpoint to gain expedited admission into India.
Furthermore, the online Indian visa for Australians permits the user to enter India via any of the following flights or seaports:
- Seaports: Chennai, Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai.
- Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam.
Furthermore, holders of an India eVisa for Australian nationals can depart the country through any permitted checkpoint.
Those wishing to visit India on a cruise from Australia should be aware that they may only do so through the seaports of Cochin, Goa, and Mangalore with an authorized eVisa.
What else should I keep in mind before visiting India?
Traveling to India may be an exciting and enlightening experience, but you must be prepared and aware of certain concerns. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Because the temperature and environment in India differ from those in Australia, it is important to take the required health measures. Before flying, see your doctor to confirm you have all essential vaccines and prescriptions.
- Be aware of potential hazards and take the appropriate procedures to avoid frauds, theft, and other problems. Unfortunately, numerous tourist frauds exist in India. Be careful of anybody who offers you unwanted advice or assistance, and always double-check costs and information before committing to anything.
- Be considerate of local customs and manners. Dress modestly and keep cultural standards for conduct, gestures, and communication in mind.
Although English is commonly spoken in India, knowing a few basic words in Hindi or the local language is usually beneficial. This might help you communicate with locals and demonstrate that you appreciate their culture.
Because India has a wide and complex transportation infrastructure, it is critical to plan ahead of time and investigate your alternatives.
Traffic in India, particularly in major cities, may be hectic and stressful. When crossing the street, use caution and consider hiring a driver or taking public transit rather than renting a car.
In case of an emergency or unforeseen plan changes, have a dependable method of communication on hand, such as a local SIM card or a messaging app.
Take caution with what you eat and drink. Stick to bottled water and steer clear of street food unless it comes from a reliable vendor. Consume fresh fruits and vegetables with caution, and make sure your meal is completely cooked.
In India, especially in markets and bazaars, bargaining is prevalent. Don't be scared to bargain, but be courteous and don't go overboard.