Indian e-visa for Australian citizens - Requirements & Fees
1. India Visa from Australia:
As announced on the Indian government website, Australians need a tourist Visa when going to India. The Indian government grants Australians a tourist Visa that lasts for 30 consecutive days. You can apply for a tourist Visa from Australia through the e-Visa system. In addition, for visitors who want to visit India for business purposes, conference participation or medical activities, the Indian e-visa is also the best choice.
By now, there are 4 types of e-Visa available for Australian citizens to enter India:
- e-Tourist Visa: valid in 30 days from the date of arrival in India, single-entry and cannot be extended.
- e-Business Visa: valid in 365 days, multiple-entry, each entry shall not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: valid in 30 days, single-entry only.
- e-Medical Visa: valid in 60 days, triple-entry in total.
2. Indian visa requirements for Australian citizens
By using the e-Visa system, you can apply for an Indian Visa from Australia online, which means that is no longer a concern for Australian citizens about applying and waiting for Visa approval at the embassy.
The e-Visa India application process contains three steps for Australians:
- Complete the online India visa application for Australians.
- Make payment of the fee and send some necessary documents.
- Receive your India e-visa by email.
Throughout the application, you do not need to commute or spend time waiting at an embassy.
The entire process does not take longer than 15 minutes. After a maximum of 3 business days, you will receive an email from the embassy with your Indian e-Visa. That document must be printed and brought with you to the airport. It is recommended that you keep your Visa with you at all times while in India.
To complete paperwork, you should following requirements for India e-Visa application:
- Valid passport which has at least 6 valid months from the date of arrival in India, with at least 1 blank page for stamping.
- Passport-standardized portrait photo with white background, PNG format.
- Business invitation letter for business purpose and Itinerary plan in India for travel purpose.
- Optional: your COVID-19 insurance can be added in your document file.
3. Indian Visa fees for Australian citizens
To pay the total cost of an India Visa for Australian citizens, first thing first, you need to know that there are two Indian visa fees for Australian citizens - a service fee and a government fee, as COVID-19 insurance is optional. For a service fee, we offer you 3 options and you can choose flexibly depending on your demands:
- Normal: used in most cases when you have enough time and can wait for a response. In this option, you just need to wait for a maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in special cases, especially when you need to get Visa in a day. You will get your Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in emergencies when you need to get your e-Visa in hours. When choosing this option, your result can arrive around 5 business hours.
Payment method: both electronic transactions and wire transfers are accepted. You can choose various payment units to complete your payment, such as Visa, Mastercard or Paypal for example.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor