Indian e-Visa for Australian citizens - Requirements & Fees
Australians, like most other nationalities, must obtain a visa before traveling to India. The application process for any visa can be complicated and time-consuming. Consider all of the paperwork that must be arranged, application forms that must be completed, and the journey to the embassy, which may deter some Australians from visiting India. However, to boost tourism, the Indian government has made applying for an Indian visa from Australia both quick and simple. Australian citizens can now meet all the Indian e-Visa requirements to apply for a visa online, from the comfort of their own homes, thanks to the launch of the e-Visa. This saves them time and money because they no longer need to travel to the nearest Indian embassy.
1. India e-Visa from Australia:
As announced on the Indian government website, Australians need a tourist Visa when going to India. The Indian government grants Australians a tourist Visa that lasts for 30 consecutive days. You can apply for a tourist Visa from Australia through the e-Visa system. In addition, for visitors who want to visit India for business purposes, conference participation or medical activities, the Indian e-visa is also the best choice.
By now, there are 4 types of e-Visa available for Australian citizens to enter India:
- e-Tourist Visa: valid in 30 days from the date of arrival in India, single-entry and cannot be extended.
- e-Business Visa: valid in 365 days, multiple-entry, each entry shall not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: valid in 30 days, single-entry only.
- e-Medical Visa: valid in 60 days, triple-entry in total.
2. Indian e-Visa requirements for Australian citizens
By using the e-Visa system, you can apply for an Indian Visa from Australia online, which means that is no longer a concern for Australian citizens about applying and waiting for Visa approval at the embassy.
The e-Visa India application process contains three steps for Australians:
- Complete the online India visa application for Australians.
- Make a payment of the Indian visa fee and send some necessary documents.
- Receive your India e-visa by email.
Throughout the application, you do not need to commute or spend time waiting at an embassy.
The entire process does not take longer than 15 minutes. After a maximum of 3 business days, you will receive an email from the embassy with your Indian e-Visa. That document must be printed and brought with you to the airport. It is recommended that you keep your Visa with you at all times while in India.
To complete paperwork, you should following requirements for India e-Visa application:
- Valid passport which has at least 6 valid months from the date of arrival in India, with at least 1 blank page for stamping.
- Passport-standardized portrait photo with white background, PNG format.
- Business invitation letter for business purpose and Itinerary plan in India for travel purpose.
- Optional: your COVID-19 insurance can be added in your document file.
3. Indian e-Visa fees for Australian citizens
To pay the total cost of an India Visa for Australian citizens, first thing first, you need to know that there are two Indian visa fees for Australian citizens - a service fee and a government fee, as COVID-19 insurance is optional. For a service fee, we offer you 3 options and you can choose flexibly depending on your demands:
- Normal: used in most cases when you have enough time and can wait for a response. In this option, you just need to wait for a maximum of 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in special cases, especially when you need to get Visa in a day. You will get your Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: used in emergencies when you need to get your e-Visa in hours. When choosing this option, your result can arrive around 5 business hours.
Payment method Indian visa fees for Australian citizens: both electronic transactions and wire transfers are accepted. You can choose various payment units to complete your payment, such as Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal.
India Visa Requirements for Australia Citizens FAQs
Yes. Australian citizens, like most other nationalities, need to obtain a visa before traveling to India. India is one of the favorite tourist attractions thanks to its misty hill stations, alluring beaches, historical attractions, pilgrimage sites, and abundant wildlife. Impressive landscapes and amiable local people will make your trip to India unforgettable.
Fortunately, Australian citizens are eligible for an Indian electronic visa. This online visa system has been issued by the Indian Government to accelerate the process of obtaining a visa to visit India. Australian nationals can use an Indian eVisa to visit the country for a holiday, short-term business trips, etc…
Before applying for an Indian e-Visa, Australians must have enough documentation at hand to meet the visa requirements. The Indian eVisa can be quickly obtained after completing the 03-simple process at India Immigration Services:
- Step 1: Complete the online India visa application for Australians, providing personal information and visa details. Australian applicants should carefully check all the data supplied to ensure its accuracy.
- Step 2: Make payment for the visa fee and send some necessary documents. Online payment can be made by Electronic payment methods (PayPal, American Express, Debit or Credit Card) or Wire Transfer (to the Bank of Cyprus).
- Step 3: Receive their India e-visa by email after a few days. An Indian eVisa is typically processed in 03 working days.
Yes, you can. You can apply for a Business visa either at the Embassy or online. Of course, applying online has more advantages than the traditional way. The Indian business electronic visa is one of 04 categories of the Indian eVisa issued by the Indian Government. Citizens of eligible countries who are looking for business trade or participating in business activities within the country can apply for a Business visa online that is more time-saving.
A Business electronic visa is valid for 365 days from the date of grant of an Electronic Travel Authorization, allowing a 365-day stay for Australian passport holders, with continuous stay during each visit not exceeding 180 days. This is a multiple entry visa, so you can enter India as many times as you wish.
To successfully apply for this type of visa, you must prepare some required documents as the following:
- A passport that remains 06 months validity from the arrival date in India, with at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A photograph of the applicant that was taken recently with a clear face against a white background.
- A business card
- An invitation letter from the host, as well as the host’s ID card/ passport
Australian citizens now can apply for an Indian electronic visa at India Immigration Services. All they have to do is fill out the simple online application form, supply some required documents and pay the evisa fee. Our specialists who have many years of experience in consulting & assisting many customers in obtaining a visa to India will do the rest.
India Immigration Services will give Australian applicants advice about the India visa, including the types of visa they should apply for as well as the Indian visa requirements. We will cooperate with Australians in checking all the information and documentation provided to make sure that their visa application will be processed as smoothly as possible. We are available 24 hours a day, 07 days a week to assist Australian applicants with their Indian Visas. Therefore, they do not need to worry if any unexpected occurrences happen during their visa application. In addition, Indian Immigration Services also offers rush visa services to our customers in case they need a visa urgently, typically within a few hours.
After the visa has been approved, we will collect their eVisa from the Indian Government and send it to Australian applicants. They should bring a visa printout along with them to India because the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint may ask them to present it upon their arrival
The validity of the India visa for Australian citizens varies depending on the type of visa they are applying for. At India Immigration Services, Australian nationals can pick one of 04 categories of Indian electronic visas based on their travel purposes.
- e-Tourist Visa is valid for 01 month from the issued date, permitting a maximum stay of 30 days in India. It is a double entry visa, and cannot be extended or converted.
Additionally, the Indian Government has removed the suspension on long-term tourist eVisa for Australian citizens from March 2022.
1 year & 5 years e-Tourist Visa: These types of visas are granted to Angullian nationals who wish to visit this remarkable tourist destination on a frequent basis. A 1 year & 5 years e-Tourist visa has a validity of 1 year and 5 years respectively from the issued date.
- e-Business Visa is granted to Australian residents who would like to make a trip to India for business activities or trades. It is valid for 365 days from the date of grant of an ETA with multiple entries into the country.
- e-Medical Visa: The e-Medical Visa is valid for four months after it has been issued. Australian passport holders can stay in India for up to 60 days to receive medical treatment there.
- e-Conference Visa: From the date of issuance, the e-Conference Visa is valid for four months.
Yes. Australian citizens can travel to India and enjoy the stunning landscapes in the country as long as they have a valid visa at hand. In 2020, the Indian Government imposed a ban on international travel due to the spread of the coronavirus epidemic. Until 2021, when the rate of vaccination increased and the number of infectious cases decreased, the Government of India lifted the ban, allowing foreign tourists to visit India.
Instead of queueing in long lines at the Embassy to apply for a regular visa, Australians can take advantage of Indian eVisas which can be obtained online. With an electronic visa, Australian citizens can enter India through 28 airports and 05 seaports. Depending on the purpose of their trip, visitors from Australia can choose one of the 04 visa categories: Tourist eVisa, Conference eVisa, Business eVisa, and Medical eVisa.
Australian residents can apply for an India visa online at any time provided that they have a computer, smartphone, or tablet that is connected to the Internet. After filling in the application form, supplying enough required documents, and making payment for the eVisa fee, they can submit their application for review. It takes a maximum of 03 working days to process the visa application, yet Australian applicants can choose rush visa service to receive their visa in only 05 business hours.
Australian travelers to India can obtain a visa swiftly and easily at Indian Immigration Services. There are 02 types of Indian visa fee for Australian citizens including the Government fee and the Service fee. The total amount that the applicants pay to the India Immigration Department for the electronic visa to be processed is known as the Indian Visa government charge. This is the required application cost for travel permission. There are four types of Indian eVisa, with each type having different Government fees as below:
- 30 days e-Tourist Visa: US $50
- 1 year e-Tourist Visa: US $70
- 5 years e-Tourist Visa: US $110
- Other types of e-Visa (Conference e-Visa, Medical eVisa + Medical Attendant e-Visa, Business e-Visa): US $110
A Service fee is an amount that the applicant must pay in advance for the visa when submitting an online application at India Immigration Services. The number of applicants and the urgency with which Australian citizens need their visa will determine this fee. There are 03 time frames for Australians to choose for the processing time of their visa application:
- Normal: For only $69.00, Australian nationals can expect to receive their visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Paying an additional $79.00, Australian applicants will obtain their visa for India within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: This service allows Australian citizens to receive their visa within 05 hours with a fee of an extra $99.00.