Indian e-Visa requirements for Belgian citizens
India is known for its wonderful culture and is the cradle of Buddhism and Hinduism. Therefore, many religious people from around the world travel to India yearly, mostly for tourism and business purposes. Knowing the demand for travel increased gradually, in 2014 the Indian government decided to launch an Electronic visa, known as an e-visa, to solve the problem of casual visas, such as waiting time and cost. The e-Visa application process is easier and more time-saving than usual. If you are looking for information about Indian e-Visa requirements for Belgian citizens, this article will help you.
1. Types of India e-Visa for Belgian citizens:
Although Belgium is not on India's exemption list, citizens coming from that country are still eligible to apply for an e-visa to enter India.
In general, there are 4 most common types of Indian e-visa for foreigners to obtain:
- Indian e-Tourist visa: used when you are going to India for tourism purposes. With this type of e-visa, you are able to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with single entry only, and cannot be extended or converted.
- Indian e-Business visa: used when you need to enter India for business purposes. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in India for up to 365 days from the date of granting in total with multiple entry times, for each period of stay shall not exceed 180 days.
- Indian e-Conference visa: if you are going to India for conferences, meetings, workshops, or other related activities, this is a suitable type for you. With this type of e-visa, you are able to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your entry with a single entry only.
- Indian e-Medical visa: used when you need to use medical treatment in India. With this type, you can stay in India for up to 60 days in total, with 3 entrances.
2. Indian visa requirements for Belgian citizens:
Before entering India, all international visitors must get an Indian visa. Citizens of Belgium can apply for various types of Indian e-Visas, depending on their reason for visiting India.
Before applying for the Indian e-Tourist visa, you should provide some documents following the list below:
- The passport must be valid for at least six months validity with a blank page for verification markings and a scanned copy of your passport biographical page alongside1 a portrait photographer with a clear face and background.
- Your frequently used email address for receiving e-visa results.
- Travel itinerary: your detailed plan in India will be required. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you shall not complete your flight or tour bookings before your e-visa is issued.
- Additional documents: depending on your type of e-visa, you will need to provide some additional documents. To be specific, you will provide your invitation letter and/or your business card when applying for an e-Business visa and your medical documents if required when applying for an e-Medical visa.
3. Apply for an Indian e-Visa for Belgian citizens
To apply for an Indian e-Visa, Belgian citizens must visit our website, where they will find a link to the online e-Tourist visa application form.
Applicants must complete the application form with personal, professional, educational, and passport information.
There may be additional security questions that the applicant must answer, which will be in a yes or no format. Applicants should answer these questions truthfully.
In order for the e-Tourist visa application to be processed, the applicant must pay a processing fee with a valid debit/credit card. After submitting the application, the applicant will obtain his/her e-Tourist visa through email within a few days.
4. Indian e-Visa fee for Belgian citizens and payment method
After submitting an Indian e-Tourist visa application form, you will receive your e-visa through email once your documents are approved and payment is completed.
In general, you will pay for 2 main kinds of India visa fees: government and service fees. Since Belgium is not on India's exemption list, a government fee is compulsory for Belgian citizens.
Before paying, you should consider which is your best service option in these 3 choices:
- Normal: you will receive your e-visa within 3 business days if you choose this type of service.
- Urgent: you will receive your e-visa within 24 hours if you choose this type of service.
- Super urgent: this is a special type of service that is used in emergencies. You will receive your result within around 5 business hours.
In addition, you can add a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefits when traveling overseas.
Payment method: you can choose between electronic payment and wire transfer to complete your payment. If you choose electronic payment, consider using the following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.