Indian e-Visa requirements for Beninese citizens
Because India began issuing electronic visas on November 27, 2014, tourists who plan to visit the country do not need to stand in line at the Indian embassy to obtain a visa. Instead, they may apply for an electronic visa online.
Indian e-Visas, or Electronic Travel Authorization, are now available to more than 150 countries, and Beninese citizens are encouraged to apply for this type of online travel permit.
With an Indian electronic visa, a Beninese tourist, business executive, or culture enthusiast can enter India legally. The electronic visa, which is available to Beninese citizens, is an ideal option for travelers who wish to travel to India in order to pay their respects at some of the country's most revered religious sites as well as architectural landmarks. They also have the opportunity to experience the culture, food, and traditions of the seventh-largest country in the world.
Indian e-Visa for Beninese citizens
There are evident advantages for Beninese passport holders who apply for an India e-Visa rather than a standard visa:
The Indian electronic visa application is completed online, which saves Beninese money and time by eliminating the need to visit an Indian consulate or embassy.
The e-Visa is less difficult to obtain than a consular visa: The paperwork will only take 10 to 20 minutes to complete for a Beninese candidate. Online applications are simple and quick.
The only requirements for Beninese citizens are a valid passport, debit card, clear scans of any required documents, and an email account. As soon as the application is approved, Beninese planning to visit India can quickly print out their valid e-Visa and travel to India as they want.
Types of Indian e-Visa for Beninese residents
India has four major Indian e-Visa types:
- India e-Tourist visa (valid for 30 days, one year, or five years): used when you wish to enter India for tourism or to visit someone. A 30-day e-Tourist visa is valid for 1 month from the issued date, with a double entry.
1-Year and 5-Year tourist e-Visas allow multiple entries into the country during 1 year & 5 years, with each stay shall not exceed 90 days.
- India e-Business visa: utilized when planning a business trip to India for trading or similar objectives but NOT for employment. This visa has a validity of 365 days from the date of grant of ETA, permitting multiple entries into the country.
- India e-Conference visa: If you need to attend a conference organized by an Indian government ministry and held in India. You have up to 30 days to stay in India and one entrance time with this type to achieve your objectives.
- India e-Medical visa: This type is the most appropriate for Beninese nationals who require medical treatment in India. The stay permitted is up to 60 days with triple entrances.
Applications for an Indian e-Tourist visa or an Indian e-Business visa need to be submitted at least four calendar days prior to the desired date of arrival.
Indian Visa requirements for Beninese citizens
Citizens of Benin who wish to travel to India need to have a current passport in addition to a visa in order to enter the country legally. When applying for an e-Visa, the applicant's passport needs to have a minimum of six months remaining before it expires.
Note: Individuals who are in possession of diplomatic passports or any other travel document other than a passport may not qualify for the Indian electronic visa.
Citizens of Benin should take note that only 28 airports & 05 seaports accept the Indian e-Visa for entry into the country. If they will be bringing minors along, then they should each apply separately for their valid visas.
Documents Needed to Apply for an Indian e-Visa:
- A recent photograph should be taken of the Beninese traveler facing forward against a white background and having equal width and height. In the photograph, the Beninese traveler's full face, from the crown of their head to the tip of their chin, as well as their bare eyes, should be seen. Glasses should not be worn. In addition, the photograph shouldn't have any borders around it.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- An email address to receive Indian eVisas.
- The visitor applying for an Indian e-Business visa is required to attach a scanned copy of the invitation letter received from the relevant business parties in India, as well as a copy of their business cards.
- You will also need a scan of the invitation letter from the conference organizer in addition to political and event clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs in order to obtain an e-conference visa to visit India. This visa will allow you to enter the country for the purpose of attending a conference.
- If you wish to apply for an Indian medical eVisa, you should supply a medical letter from a hospital in India.
India e-Visa fee for Beninese citizens
There are two types of India e-Visa fees you will have to pay after completing the application form and documents: compulsory government fees and adjustable service fees.
You can choose one of 03 service fee options based on your demands and budget:
- Normal: You can use this service type if you have enough time to wait for a response as well as to save remarkable amounts of money. You will get your Indian eVisa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: With this service type, there is a 24-hour waiting time, and this type is best for people who do not have much free time.
- Super Urgent: It takes around 05 business hours to receive your e-Visa with this service type.
Payment method: To pay your fee, you can either use electronic payment or a wire transfer (to the Bank of Cyprus). If electronic payment is chosen, you can use any of the following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.