Indian e-Visa requirements for Brazilian citizens
Traveling to India is on many people's bucket lists, and Brazilian citizens can easily achieve this dream by applying for and meeting all the requirements of an Indian Visa online.
Since November 2014, the Indian government has taken moves to make it easier for tourists, business leaders, and people seeking short-term medical treatment to enter the country.
The Indian e-Visa is a government-issued document that allows Brazilian citizens to enter and travel inside the country.
Information about Indian visas for Brazilian citizens is one of the first things that Brazil passport holders have to figure out when you want to travel to India. All procedures and the way to get the Indian visa simplest and fastest will be present in detail below.
1. Are Brazilian citizens able to obtain an Indian e-Visa?
The e-Visa for India is now available to more than 150 countries, including Brazil. This way, travelers do not have to incur costs associated with traveling to embassies or difficult processes to obtain visas.
The Indian e-Visa is an official document that allows Brazilian citizens to enter and travel to India. This permit can be used for friends and family visits, business activities, conference presentations, and medical treatment purposes.
Travelers from Brazil to India can submit up to 120 days in advance for an Indian e-Visa.
There are 4 kinds of Indian e-Visa for Brazilian citizens:
- e-Tourist Visa: Brazilians planning a trip to India should apply for an e-Tourist visa, which allows them to stay in the country for tourist and recreational purposes. This type cannot be modified or extended in any way.
- e-Business Visa: This type of e-visa permits Brazilians to go to India for business or trade. You can stay in India for up to 365 days from the date of ETA approval and enter India as many times as you want, but you cannot stay for more than 180 days in a row during each visit.
- e-Conference Visa: This type of e-visa allows Brazilians to enter India to attend a conference held by an Indian government ministry. If you use this sort of e-visa, you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of arrival for a single entrance only.
- e-Medical Visa & Medical Attendant: Brazilians who require medical treatment or accompany patients receiving treatment in India can apply online for an e-Medical Visa & Medical Attendant. With this sort of e-visa, you can stay in India for up to 60 days from the date of arrival and enter the country three times in total.
In total, the process may take up to fifteen minutes, including sending the required documents via email and making the e-Visa application fee.
Citizens of Brazil will receive their travel permits by email within a maximum of 3 days if your application is successful.
2. Indian e visa requirements for Brazilian citizens
There are certain entry Indian visa requirements for Brazilian citizens set forth by the Government. In order to apply for an Indian e-Visa, Brazilians must submit certificates or meet conditions. Brazilian travelers will need:
- The passport is valid for at least 6 months at the time of application with at least 1 blank page for stamping.
- An updated photograph of your face with a white background. Minimum size: 10 KB. Maximum size: 1 MB. Format: JPEG.
- Itinerary plan of your trip to India. It is highly recommended that you do not confirm the flight ticket and tour before the visa is issued.
Brazilians need to make sure that their scans and photos comply with the stipulated requirements.
3. What are the costs and wait times for Brazilian citizens to obtain the Indian e-Visa?
In order to complete submitting your application, you should pay a charging fee. There are 2 kinds of Indian e-Visa fees you need to pay, government and service fees respectively.
With the service fee, you can choose 1 of 3 kinds of Visa services we provide:
- Normal: used in casual cases. You can get your e-Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in special cases when you need to get a Visa within approximately a day. With this option, you can get your Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: this unique option is for emergency cases when you really need to get a Visa in hours. With Super urgent service, we have an expert team to support you to get the e-visa as soon as possible.
Payment method: you can choose either electronic payment or wire transfer because we accept various payment methods that can make you feel comfortable and convenient.
We strongly recommend that you purchase Covid-19 Insurance as well. Whenever you leave your home country, you will be covered against many risks, including the Covid pandemic. It is an optional measure, so you can consider it according to your circumstances.
India Visa Requirements for Brazil Citizens FAQs
The answer is YES. Brazil is not in the exempt country list of India so all Brazilians citizens who want to visit this wonderful India country must have a visa. The process wastes a lot of time when travelers have to go to the nearest Embassy to obtain a visa. Brazilian nationals must schedule an appointment with embassies or consulates to interview, however, the rate of getting a visa is not quite high while you have to wait in a long line.
Luckily, Brazil is one of the countries that is eligible for getting an electronic visa that is authorized by the Indian government since 2014. This process will save Brazilian citizens a lot of time to get an e-visa. The Indian Immigration Service is an online portal that allows Brazilian travelers to obtain an e-visa for some purposes such as tourism, business, conference and medical treatment.
Before applying for an e-visa, travelers should prepare some extra documents in order to meet visa requirements. Brazilian citizens will have an e-visa by following 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: Filling the application with exact personal information
- Step 2: Make a payment online
- Step 3: Get an e-visa via email and then travel to India
Indian e-visa for Brazilians is an electronic document authorized by the Indian government to allow Brazillians to enter India with the purpose of tourism, business and medical treatment. This document is issued online and is also known as an Indian Travel Authorization Permit. This type of visa has a variety of validity ranges depending on which one you choose to apply. Typically there are 5 main types of India e-visa which Indian Immigration Services provide:
- Tourist e-visa: This visa is available for 1 month, 1 year, 5 years validity. Brazil nationals who want to visit India and their acquaintances living in India can apply for this type of visa.
- Conference e-visa: This visa is valid for 4 months from the date of issue and allows Brazilians to enter India to take part in international conferences.
- Business e-visa: This type of visa is valid for 1 year after being issued. Brazil citizens who want to engage in business activities such as purchasing products, attending business meetings, etc. are granted business e-visas.
- Medical e-visa: This e-visa has 4-month validity from the date of issue. Medical e-visa gives permission to Brazilian travelers to seek medical treatment that they want in India.
The number of times you can enter India depends on which types of e-visa you choose. As you know, Brazil travelers who wish to enter India always come to this country with the purpose of tourism, business and medical treatment. All the visas mentioned before have regulations about how many times to enter India and the length of stay in this country.
All Brazil travelers can refer to the Indian e-Visa information below:
- Tourist e-visa for 30 days: This visa allows Brazil citizens double entry and gives permission to stay up to 30 days in India from the date of arrival.
- Tourist e-visa for 1 year: This type of visa guarantees multiple entries with each visit not exceeding 90 days.
- Tourist e-visa for 5 years: This visa allows multiple entries and the maximum stay is 90 days for each visit.
- Conference e-visa: This visa allows only one entry and a maximum stay of 30 days in total.
- Business e-visa: Permit multiple entries but each visit should not exceed 180 days for all nations which are eligible for having Indian e-visa.
- Medical e-visa: This visa allows triple entry and a maximum stay of 60 days in total from the date of arrival.
With GIS, we are always available to help Brazil travelers to prepare all the documents that are required to meet the visa requirements which are provided by the Indian government. After Brazil travelers apply for an Indian e-visa, they will get the e-visa result from 1 to 3 working days via email. If they want to obtain an Indian e-visa sooner, they can apply for a Rush Visa to get one in a few hours. So, remember to check email frequently to update information about your e-visa.
In order to meet visa requirements, citizens of Brazil must adhere to the following criteria:
- A valid Brazil passport: It must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival and a minimum of 02 blank pages for entry and exit stamping.
- A passport photo of the applicant with a clear face on the white background.
- A scanned copy of the passport’s biographical page
- A valid email address: Visa applicants must ensure that they entered an accurate email address because the e-visa result will be sent via email box..
Depending on which type of visa Brazil travelers apply for, they have to supply some additional documents:
- Invitation from organizer and Political clearance from Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India (For Conference e-visa)
- Medical letter from India hospital (For Medical e-visa)
- An invitation letter and host business card (For Business e-visa)
Yes. Since 2014, the Indian government has released the visa application online form for travelers who want to visit this beautiful country. Brazilians including minor children can enter India with the help of an Indian e-visa, an official travel permit issued by the Indian government through its Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
First, Brazil citizens need to fill out the application form online for their children including new born children. If you have more than one child, you must apply the number of forms corresponding to the number of children. Brazilian parents on behalf of their child will fill out personal information including full name, date of birth, passport number and nationalities. Moreover, every child must have their own passport, they can not share the same passport. Then finally choose the time to process your children's e-visa.
All the visa requirements for children are the same as adults. Remember to check your children’s passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival. The passport must have at least 2 blank pages for stamping at the airport. To apply for an e-visa, Brazil parents should submit the birth certificate of their child and parents ID card or passport.
The answer is YES if Brazil citizens apply for an Indian tourist e-visa which is valid for 1 year or 5 years from the date of issue. As you know, there are 3 main types of India tourist e-visa, each type of e-visa will have different regulations about the length of stay for each visit:
- Tourist e-visa: This type of visa is available for 1 month, 1 year and 5 years
- E-visa 1 month: The maximum of stay is 30 days in total from the arrival date with double entry.
- E-visa 1 year: Allows Brazilians to stay in India for 90 days for each visit with multiple entries.
- E-visa 5 years: This visa gives permission to stay in India for 90 days during each visit with multiple entries.
If you haven’t had any e-visa yet? Access to the Indian Immigration Services to apply for an e-visa. With just electronic devices connected with the internet, Brazilians can simply apply for their own Indian e-visa with 3 steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form with exact personal information about your identity and passport numbers.
- Step 2: Choose the payment method and pay for the visa fee on our secure website.
- Step 3: Receive the e-visa result and then print out the document before going to the airport.