Indian e-Visa requirements for Burundian citizens
India is a country that occupies the southern region of the Asian continent and is well-known for the many cultural traditions of its people as well as its unearthly characteristics. Travelers come from all over the world to experience the country's culture, food, and customs, making it one of Asia's top tourism destinations. The government of India recognizes that the tourist business is one of the country's most promising fields, and as a result, it has been searching for new marketing strategies. E-Visas have been made available to entice tourists from different parts of the world to visit the nation. There are currently 157 countries (including Burundian citizens) that can obtain an Indian e-Visa. Indian e-Visas are very simple to apply for online, and they save travelers the hassle of having to visit a foreign embassy or consulate. And the only thing that foreign visitors must do is fulfill the requirements set forth by the Indian government's e-Visa program. The only thing Burundian citizens need to do to obtain an Indian e-Visa is to comply with the instructions offered
1. Types of Indian e-Visa for Burundian citizens
Burundians who wish to visit India may apply for an Indian e-Visa. The purpose of their trip will determine the specific kind of e-Visa that they require.
- Indian e-Tourist visa: This type of visa is granted to citizens of Cape Verde who wish to visit India for purposes of tourism, sightseeing, or casual visit to family, and friends. They can apply for 03 types of tourist electronic visas depending on the length of their stay in India.
A double entry e Visa permits a duration of stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of arrival.
If you want to stay longer in this nation, you can apply for a long-term e-tourist visa, including the India Tourist Visa for 1 Year and 5 Years. These types of visas allow multiple entries to India and the staying time for each continuous trip is less than 90 days.
- Indian e-Business Visa: An Indian e-Business visa is needed for visitors whose purpose of visiting India is to participate in business activities. This type of visa is valid for 365 days from the date of grant of ETA, allowing Burundian passport holders to remain in India for up to 365 days. Continuous stay during each visit should not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: With a single-entry visa, citizens of Burundi can stay in India for up to 30 days from the day of their arrival.
- Indian e-Medical Visa: When Burundian citizens need to receive medical treatment under the Indian medical system, they should apply for an e-Medical visa. With this visa, they can stay in India for a maximum of 60 days from the date of their first entry. Holders of this visa can visit India three times within the validity period of the visa.
To ensure that they apply for the e-Visa that best suits their needs, travelers are strongly encouraged to educate themselves about the many types of Indian e-Visas that are made available to Burundian nationals.
2. Indian visa requirements for Burundian citizens
All applicants for an Indian e-Visa must have a valid email address, a valid passport, and a valid debit/credit card.
To apply for an Indian e-Visa, applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Visitors to India are required to hold a passport that will keep its validity for at least six months after they enter the country.
- The applicant's passport needs to have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Officers at the border checkpoints.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A personal photograph of the applicant that was taken within the last 06 months
- An email address to receive the Indian electronic visa
- An Invitation letter from the host and an ID card/Passport of the host (For Business visa).
- Medical letter from an Indian hospital. Attendants must have an eVisa number from e-Medical holders to apply (for a Medical visa).
- An Invitation letter from the conference organizer and political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (For e-conference visa)
During the traveler's stay in India, they must always carry a copy of their e-visa.
In India, an e-Visa is valid for entry from 28 designated airports and five seaports, but travelers may depart from any of the authorized immigration checkpoints. If the traveler plans to visit India for other purposes that are not listed above, they are advised to apply for a regular visa at the nearest Indian embassy or consulate in or their home country before they arrive in India.
3. Application for an e-Visa to India from Burundi
Filling out an application requires travelers to provide visa details and personal information. The information should be accurate and up to date so that Burundian applicants can avoid any unnecessary delays in the processing of their visa application.
There will be an online processing fee that travelers will have to pay using a valid debit or credit card.
Note: You are recommended to add COVID-19 insurance to preserve your benefits while traveling abroad. In addition, this insurance also helps your visa application be approved by the Indian Government easier.
Within a maximum of 03 business days after submitting their application, the traveler will receive their e-Visa. A printed copy of the e-Tourist visa is required to show the Indian Immigration and Border Officials when they travel along with their passports.
As soon as all that is done, travelers will receive a stamp on their passports approving their entry into the country.
4. Indian e-Visa fee for Burundian citizens
An India e-Visa Fee is a small amount compared to the total cost of the trip from Burundi to India. A service fee and a government fee are the two types of fees you need to charge for an Indian visa online.
In India, the government fee is a set amount, regardless of your nationality, whereas the service fee varies. The service fee consists of three options, each with its fee:
- Normal: This option guarantees you will receive a Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: You can get your Visa within 24 hours if you choose this option.
- Super Urgent: Getting an e-Visa is around 05 business hours and is the best option for emergencies.
Payment method: If you choose electronic payment, you can choose between Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal. You may also choose a wire transfer (to the Bank of Cyprus) for your online payment.