Indian e-Visa requirements for Canadian citizens
- 1. Do Canadian citizens need a visa for India?
- 2. What is an Indian e-visa for Canadian citizens:
- 3. Indian e-visa requirements for Canadian citizens:
- 4. How to apply for an Indian visa online from Canada:
- 5. Indian e-visa fees for Canadian citizens:
- 6. Easy and Convenient Indian Visa for Canadian citizens:
India is one of those countries that finds up on every traveler's bucket list at some time. It is deeply traditional yet continually unexpected. They may fantasize about visiting Agra to see the Taj Mahal in all its splendor or explore the royal palaces strewn throughout Rajasthan. Others are drawn to the breathtaking landscapes of Darjeeling and Rishikesh, as well as the postcard-perfect beaches of Goa.
There are also India's major cities, such as New Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata, each with its distinct personality. It's impossible to get bored exploring India's major city's temples, markets, and colorful streets. The most difficult aspect of visiting India is deciding what to see and do.
If you have a Canadian passport and want to visit India, you must apply for an Indian visa. A visa is required for Canadian nationals to enter India, and Indian Immigration Services will explain everything you need to know for this journey. This article contains the most recent information on the Indian e-visa requirements for Canadian citizens, as well as how to apply for an Indian visa online.
Indian e-visa for Canadian citizens
1. Do Canadian citizens need a visa for India?
Yes. Citizens of Canada must have a valid visa to enter India, according to the country's visa rules. The type of visa required is determined by the purpose of the trip and the amount of time spent in the nation.
Travelers can obtain an e-Visa for India from Canada for most short-term travels. This is accomplished by applying online. Because you can apply from home or any other location with an internet connection, this is the most convenient option to get a visa to visit India.
Canadian nationals wanting to relocate to India, work or study there, or stay longer than allowed by an internet visa should inquire about the appropriate sort of permit(s) at an Indian embassy in Canada
2. What is an Indian e-visa for Canadian citizens:
For Canadian nationals, an Indian visa is required to visit the country.
Since 2014, the Indian Government has made the Indian Visa application form available online to Canadian nationals and passport holders. This visa to India allows Canadians and other countries to visit India for brief periods. Depending on the objective of the visit, these short-term stays can last 30, 90, or 180 days.
An Indian e-Visa is granted to a foreigner whose sole purpose for visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, a casual visit to see friends or relatives, attending a short-term yoga program, medical treatment (including treatment under Indian systems of medicine), and business purposes, and no other purpose/activity.
There are four basic types of electronic India Visa (India eVisa) available to Canadian nationals.
India Tourist e-Visa for Canadians
The Indian Tourist e-Visa permits Canadians to travel to India for vacation. It allows for tourist and recreational activities while in the country. It does not, however, permit Canadians to engage in paid jobs or businesses.
The India Tourist e-Visa for Canadians:
- Canadian passport holders are permitted to enter India multiple times within the validity period of the visa.
- It is valid for 1 year or 5 years from the issued date
- Canadians may stay for up to 90 days on each trip
Canadians can also obtain a double-entry online tourist visa, which allows for two visits to India and a total stay of up to 30 days.
Indian business visa for Canadians
The Indian Business e-Visa allows Canadian citizens to travel to India on business. It also enables a variety of business-related activities, such as attending conferences, establishing new companies in the country, and hiring employees.
The following are the terms of the India Business e-Visa for Canadians:
- Allows Canadians to enter India several times.
- Valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- Allows Canadian nationals to stay in India for up to 180 days on each trip.
Indian conference visa for Canadians:
E-conference visas are granted for workshops organized in India to explore a specific topic, as well as overseas seminars or conferences. The obligation for issuing these visas to representatives falls to the Indian missions.
However, before the e-conference visa is issued, the delegates must present an invitation letter to a seminar/conference or workshop organized by NGOs/private institutions, government-owned institutions, the UN, Specialized agencies, any Ministry or department of the Indian government, or university administrations.
The following are the terms of the India conference e-Visa for Canadians:
- The e-Conference Visa will allow you to stay in India for 30 days from the arrival date
- For Indian e-Conference Visa, only one entry is permitted.
The e-conference visa, unlike other visas, has a four-month validity period. The term is calculated from the date the visa is issued, not from the date you enter India.
Indian Medical e visa:
For Canadians, there are two types of Indian Medical e-Visas: the e-Medical Patient Visa and the e-Medical Companion of Patient Visa.
The first enables Canadians to visit India for medical treatment.
Up to two traveling buddies can obtain the second. These are typically friends or family members accompanying the patient.
The following conditions apply to Canadians seeking medical e-visas to India:
- Canadians are permitted to enter India three times (the second and third trips should be no more than 60 days after the first)
- Valid for a period of 120 days from the date of issue.
- Canadian citizens may stay for up to 60 days.
3. Indian e-visa requirements for Canadian citizens:
When applying for an e-Visa, Canadians should familiarize themselves with the Indian visa criteria. Applicants will be required to submit certain papers in addition to their online application.
While everything is submitted electronically, the application package as a whole includes the following:
- Valid passport: This is one of the most important Indian visa requirements for Canadian citizens and should not be overlooked.
- A current passport having at least 6 months validity from the date of arrival into India and at least two blank pages for visa verification is required. If there are earlier passports, they should be made available, and all of them should have photos that are similar to the current one.
- A digital copy (scan) of the Canadian passport's bio page
- A passport-sized photograph with a white background. (any format is acceptable)
- E-mail address: Because the Indian e-Visa will be transmitted immediately here, be sure it is legitimate.
- Payment method - Because you must pay before submitting your application, you must have a credit or debit card, Visa, Master Card, or Amex on hand. If you have a Paypal account, you should know that Indian Immigration Services also takes it.
Indian Business e-Visa Requirements for Canadian citizens:
Canadians must also satisfy the following requirements:
- Copy of Business Card: You must also include a copy of your business card. If you don't have a business card, you can provide the Indian partner with a business letter describing the essentials.
- Indian Company Details: When you will be seeing business partners in India, you must have Indian company information on hand, such as the firm website, name, and address.
Indian Medical e-Visa for Canadian citizens: Additional Conditions
All foreign tourists applying for an Indian e-Visa must meet the following requirements:
- A letter from an Indian hospital
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages.
Indian e visa requirements for Canadian citizens
4. How to apply for an Indian visa online from Canada:
Depending on the visitor's citizenship, there are many sorts of Indian Visas. To apply for an Indian visa, Canadian citizens are required to follow the easy processes outlined below:
Step 1: Fill out the Indian e-Visa application form completely.
Step 2: Pay the e-Visa application cost and submit some supporting documents
Step 3: Print off your e-Visa. Check your emails periodically for confirmation of your information. You will also know the day and time you will receive your e-Visa. Print your e-Visa and bring it with you when you travel to India.
Step 4: Get your visa stamp. The airport officials will stamp your passport if you arrive in India with a valid e-Visa.
Visa application to India from Canada
Filling out an online questionnaire is required when applying for an India e-Visa.
Canadian visitors must submit some basic personal information, including the following:
- Full name
- Date of birth
Canadian applicants must additionally provide their passport information. These are some examples:
- Passport number
It is also critical to have contact information. An email address, in particular, is necessary. All correspondence, including status updates on the India visa application and a copy of the e-Visa itself, will be forwarded to the specified account. Visitors from Canada should give an email address that they use and check on a regular basis.
Applying for an Indian visa from Canada
How Long Does It Take to Get an Indian Visa from Canada?
For Canadians, the processing period for an Indian tourist visa is approximately 03 business days. It is therefore strongly advised that persons apply for the visa at least 07 days before their departure date. This way, you'll have your e-Visa before your flight.
Because all interaction is done via the Internet, you will receive an email after your visa application has been processed.
The e-Visa can then be downloaded, printed, and brought to the airport with you on the day of your journey. It is also advised that you keep your visa with you at all times during your trip.
Canadian nationals will be issued an eVisa no more than twice in a calendar year.
With an Indian e-Visa, you can enter India through one of the 28 airports. Some of them are listed below: Chennai, Bangalore, Kochin, Hyderabad, Dehli, Goa, Thiruvananthapuram, Mumbai, and Kolkata.
5. Indian e-visa fees for Canadian citizens:
The overall fee you'll pay for the India tourist visa is determined by the processing speed you choose. To apply for a visa online, you have to pay two Indian visa fees - a service fee and a government fee.
We provide the three processing choices listed below. Select the best option for you:
- Normal: 3 days - Most candidates choose standard since it is the least expensive choice.
- Urgent: 24 hours - The cost is slightly greater than the previous option, but you will have your India visa in less time.
- Super urgent: 5 business hours - It is, as expected, the most expensive alternative, but it is also the quickest, especially for anyone in a hurry.
In addition, we also recommend that customers purchase Indian travel insurance to ensure their safety when traveling to India.
6. Easy and Convenient Indian Visa for Canadian citizens:
If the attractions of India have piqued your interest, it's now easier than ever to secure your travel papers by completing an e-Visa application online. The e-Visa, which was recently produced for public usage, is designed to function safely and easily, employing your smart device to store and show your travel documents and offering peace of mind as you encounter new cultures far from home.
Do you have any problems or questions? To ask any concerns about acquiring and utilizing an e-Visa for your trip to India, use the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen. Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
India Visa Requirements for Canada Citizens FAQs
Thousands of travelers dream of visiting India. The Taj Mahal, vibrant streets, and delectable food are just a few of the country's many attractions. Aside from its great people and spiritual heritage, India has one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
If you have a Canadian passport and want to visit India, you must apply for an Indian visa. A visa is required for Canadian nationals to enter India, and India Immigration Services will explain all you need to know for this journey.
For Canadian nationals, an Indian visa is required to enter the country. There are several sorts of Indian visas available, depending on your trip purpose:
- India Tourist Visa: This is a short-term visa for individuals who want to visit India for tourism.
- India Business Visa: Those who regularly do business in India should apply for a business visa.
- India Medical Visa or Medical Attendant Visa: Canadians seeking medical treatment should apply for this visa while accompanying assistants or family members should apply for the attendant visa for India.
Please be aware that we do not presently issue Indian visas to Canadian citizens. Once we are able to provide this visa again, there are three processing dates available:
- Normal: For the traveler with some extra time (normally 03 working days).
- Urgent: For individuals who require their visa sooner than normal (within 01 working day).
- Super urgent: Choose this option if you need your Indian visa right now (in 05 business hours).
Here are the steps on how to travel to India from Canada:
- Apply for an Indian visa. You can apply for an eVisa online or at a visa application center in Canada. The most convenient alternative is the eVisa, but you may only apply for it if you are visiting India for tourist, business, or medical reasons. If you apply for a visa at a visa application, you must have your passport, a current photograph, and a visa application form with you.
- Book your flights and accommodation. There are many airlines that fly from Canada to India, so you should be able to find a good deal. You will also need to book your accommodation in India. There are hotels, guesthouses, and resorts to choose from, so you should be able to find something that fits your budget and your needs.
- Get travel insurance. Indian travel insurance is a good idea for any trip, but it is especially important if you are traveling to India. Travel insurance will cover you in case of medical emergencies, lost luggage, and other unexpected expenses.
- Get a currency exchange. Before traveling to India, you will need to exchange your Canadian dollars for Indian rupees. This may be done at a bank or a currency exchange agency.
- Pack your bags. Pack sunscreen, bug repellent, and suitable walking shoes. You should also bring any medications you use on a daily basis.
Here are some additional tips for traveling to India from Canada:
- Start planning your trip early. India is a popular tourist destination, so it is a good idea to book your flights and accommodation well in advance.
- Be aware of the visa requirements. The visa requirements for India can change, so be sure to check the latest requirements before you travel.
- Learn some basic Hindi phrases. This will help you communicate with locals and get around.
- Be respectful of Indian culture. India is a diverse country with a rich culture. Be sure to be respectful of local customs and traditions.
The following people are not eligible for an Indian e-Visa:
- People who are visiting India for business. If you are visiting India for work, you must apply for a normal visa.
- People fly to India for medicinal reasons. If you are visiting India for medical reasons, you must apply for a medical visa.
- Individuals with a criminal record. If you have a criminal past, you may be unable to obtain an Indian e-Visa.
- People who have previously been denied a visa to India. If you have previously been rejected for a visa to India, you may be ineligible for an Indian e-Visa.
Here are some additional information about Indian e-Visa:
- The Indian e-Visa is only valid for one entry. This implies that an e-Visa may only be used to enter India once.
- For some types of visa, you can stay in India for up to 30 days each visit with the Indian e-Visa. This implies that you can enter India many times, but each time you can only remain for up to 30 days.
Yes, you can apply for an Indian visa without an invitation. In most circumstances, an invitation is not required in order to acquire an Indian tourist visa. The type of visa you require, as well as the application process, will be determined by the purpose of your journey to India. However, if you travel to India with a business purpose, you must provide an invitation letter.
India provides many types of visas for various purposes, including tourist visas, business visas, and medical visas. Each visa category has its own set of criteria, and the papers you must provide may differ appropriately.
- A valid passport, a current passport-sized photograph, a completed visa application form, proof of adequate finances to cover your stay, and a travel plan, for example, are normally required for a tourist visa.
- A letter of invitation from the Indian firm you want to visit or a letter from your employer describing the purpose of your trip may be required for a business visa.
It's essential to carefully review the visa requirements and guidelines specific to the type of visa you are applying for and to submit all the necessary documents to support your application.
To apply for an Indian visa, you can visit the Indian Immigration Services website.
Always make sure to apply for your visa before your intended travel date to allow enough processing time and avoid any last-minute hassles.
A resident of India who is asking a foreign citizen to visit India might write an invitation letter for an Indian visa. The individual who prepares the invitation letter must be an Indian citizen or lawful permanent resident with a registered address in India. The following information should be included in the invitation letter:
- The name and contact details of the person who invited the foreign national to India.
- The foreign national's name and contact details of who has been invited to India.
- The reason for the foreign national's trip to India.
- The duration of the foreign national's stay in India.
- The address in India where the foreign national would be staying.
- The individual who composes the invitation letter must sign and date it.
The letter of invitation should be prepared in either English or Hindi. The letter should be typed or printed on official letterhead and addressed to the Indian embassy or consulate in the country where the foreign citizen is requesting a visa
Here are some additional tips for writing an invitation letter for an Indian visa:
- Be clear and concise. The letter should be simple to read and comprehend.
- Make your point. The letter should contain all pertinent information, such as the reason for the visit, the duration of stay, and the address where the foreign citizen will be staying.
- Be courteous. The letter should be prepared in a professional and courteous tone.
A PR card is proof of your permanent residence status in Canada. All permanent residents of Canada must enter and depart the country.
The answer is Yes, you can travel to India from Canada without a Permanent Resident (PR) card, but you will need to ensure that you have the necessary travel documents and visas to enter India. Your Canadian passport will be the primary document for international travel. Here are the key steps you should follow:
- Passport: Ensure your Canadian passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended departure date from India. If you need to renew your passport, do so before your trip.
- Visa: Most travelers to India require a visa. You will need to apply for an Indian visa, which can be obtained from the Indian Immigration Services.
- Return Ticket: It's a good practice to have a return or onward ticket when entering India.
- Other Travel Documents: Depending on your circumstances and visa type, you may need additional documents such as an invitation letter, proof of accommodation, or proof of financial means to support your stay.
While a PR card is not required for travel, it's advisable to keep a valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) if you have one, as it can make re-entry to Canada smoother and easier.
You must show documentation of your permanent resident status in Canada, such as your landing papers or a copy of your PR card, when applying for a PRTD. You must also have a passport or other travel document valid for at least 6 months.
A PRTD typically takes 2-4 weeks to process. A PRTD can be obtained online or at a Canadian visa office.