Indian e-Visa requirements for citizens of Cape Verde
As part of the Asian continent, India is known for its rich local culture and unique features that give the country its character. With travelers arriving from all over the world, India is one of Asia's top tourist destinations. Here, tourists are able to experience the country's culture, cuisine, and customs for themselves. E-Visas have just been made available in India in an effort to entice travelers from all over the world to visit the country. Because tourism is a sector that is expanding at a rapid rate, the government of India has been making efforts to find new ways to promote this sector. India e-Visas are available to citizens from more than 150 countries (including Cape Verde). The application process for an Indian e-Visa can be completed in a matter of minutes entirely online at the Indian Immigration Services website. Travelers can now complete all of the requirements for an Indian visa online from the comfort of their homes, saving them the trouble of having to go to a consulate or embassy in person.
1. Types of Indian e-Visa for citizens of Cape Verde
Applicants for Indian e-Visas from Cape Verde can apply for an Indian visa online depending on the purpose of their trip.
- Indian e-Tourist visa: To enter the country for tourism, travelers will have to obtain an e-Tourist Visa. Citizens of Cape Verde can apply for 03 types of tourist electronic visa depending on the length of their stay in India.
With this double entry e Visa, you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of arrival.
If you want to stay longer in this nation for leisure purposes, to visit relatives and friends, or to participate in short-term yoga programs and local language classes, you can apply for a long-term e-tourist visa, including the India Tourist Visa for 1 Year and 5 Years. These types of visas allow multiple entries to India and the staying time for each continuous trip is less than 90 days.
- Indian e-Business Visa: An Indian e-Business visa is needed for visitors who are visiting for business purposes. This type of visa is valid for 365 days from the date of grant of ETA, allowing its holders to remain in India for up to 365 days with a continuous period of each visit not exceeding 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: With a single-entry visa, you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the day of your arrival.
- Indian e-Medical Visa: When you stay in the country to receive medical treatment, you will need to apply for an e-Medical visa. With this visa, you can stay in India for a maximum of 60 days from the date of your first entry. It entitles you to three visits to India.
To ensure that Cape Verde travelers are applying for the correct sort of e-Visa, they are strongly encouraged to research the several types of e-Visas that are currently accessible to them.
2. Indian visa requirements for citizens of Cape Verde
In order to be eligible for an Indian e-Visa, applicants will need to be in possession of a valid email address, passport, and credit or debit card in their name. In addition to this prerequisite, applicants are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- In order to get admission into India, visitors' passports have to be valid for a period of at least six months after the date they arrive in the country and the passport should still have at least two blank pages where entry and exit stamps can be affixed.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A personal photograph of the applicant that was taken within the last 06 months
- An email address to receive the Indian electronic visa
Travelers must carry a copy of their e-Tourist visa throughout their stay in India. Remember that if you choose another type of Indian e-Visa than the tourist one, you may require additional documents as below:
- An Invitation letter from the host and an ID card/Passport of the host (For Business visa).
- Medical letter from an Indian hospital. Attendants must have an eVisa number from e-Medical holders to apply (for a Medical visa).
- An Invitation letter from the conference organizer and political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (For e-conference visa)
There are 28 designated airports and 5 seaports from which travelers can enter the country using the Indian e-Visa. However, travelers are free to leave the nation at any immigration checkpoint that has been permitted.
Application for an e-Visa to India from Cape Verde
The application requires travelers to provide some information regarding their personal, passport, and visa details.
It will also be possible for travelers to pay a processing fee online with a debit card or credit card. Travelers are strongly advised to review all the information they have entered into their passports to verify that it is correct and that it corresponds to the information that is printed on their passports. You can boost your chances of being approved and, what is even more crucial, ensure that you continue to get your health benefits by including a health document with your application, such as a COVID-19 insurance policy.
After the application has been processed, the tourist will have their e-Visa emailed to them in a maximum of 03 business days. It is recommended for travelers to have at least a printed copy of their approved e-Tourist visa upon arrival in India to show to the Indian Immigration and Border Officials along with their passports.
An entry stamp will then be placed on the passport, which is an official record of the traveler's entry into the country.
Read more: How to apply for an eVisa
3. Indian e-Visa fee for citizens of Cape Verde
When compareFd to the overall expenses of a trip from Cape Verde to India, the India Visa Fee is a small but inevitable cost. A service fee and a government fee need to be paid for an Indian visa online, respectively.
It is determined by the Indian government and is fixed for each nationality, independent of your visa type. However, the service fee is not fixed. For a service fee, Indian Immigration Services offers you three choices and the processing time corresponding to each of them:
- Normal: You can get your Visa within a maximum of 03 business days with this option.
- Urgent: Your e-Visa will be available in 24 hours with this option. As a result, you are required to pay an additional fee.
- Super Urgent: In an emergency, this is the best option, you can get a Visa within 05 business hours. This is also the most expensive option.
Payment method: There is the option of electronic payment or wire transfer (to the Bank of Cyprus). Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal are all accepted for electronic payments.