Indian e-Visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens
India is a fantastic place to visit at any time of year, but March is one of the greatest months to make your trip worthwhile. The weather in March is pleasant because it is spring and the start of the summer season. The cool breeze and bright sun make it an ideal time to visit India's major tourist spots. Whatever your motivation for visiting the top locations to visit in India in March, you will be glad you planned your escape and had some fun.
Despite the fact that March marks the end of the tourist season in India, it is also the greatest time to visit many intriguing destinations. We've compiled a list of the top places to visit in India in March for a number of reasons. With winter right around the corner, the countryside will be appealing and gorgeous.
More than 160 nationalities, including Costa Ricans, are eligible for an electronic visa when visiting India for business, tourist, conference, or medical purposes. In this manner, you can apply for an Indian visa online rather than going to an Indian embassy. If you use the e-Visa system, you will obtain your e-Visa on time.
Several documents and pieces of information must be gathered during the application procedure. Let's read this article for more information on the Indian Visa for Costa Ricans.
1. Types of India visas for Costa Rican citizens
Costa Ricans can apply for four different types of India e-Visas, which are as follow :
- e-Tourist Visa: When you want to travel to India for sightseeing, pilgrimage, or relaxation, this is the visa you should apply for. You will be able to stay in India for 30 days from the date of your arrival with this type of Visa. The tourist e-visa is a single-entry visa and is not interchangeable or convertible.
- From 16 March 2022, The Government has restored India's one-year e-tourist visa and 5-year e-tourist visa with immediate effect. You may visit India for many other purposes such as taking a short-term yoga program, eroding on short-term courses on local languages, and music, or doing voluntary work(for a maximum period of one month). The holders of a one-year e-tourist visa can stay in India within 365 days and those obtaining the other can stay here up to 5 years from the date of grant of ETA with multiple entries. However, you have to ensure that you do not continuously stay in India for over 90 days.
- e-Business Visa: When you have a business plan in India, you will need this India visa type. This multiple entry visa allows you to stay in India for 365 days, with continuous stay during each visit stay should not exceed 180 days
- e-Conference Visa: This type of e-visa will just be granted in case you attend a conference, seminar, or workshop which was held by the Indian government. If you apply for this e-visa, you will be able to stay in India for 30 days from the date of entry.
- e-Medical & Medical Attendant Visa: When you need to use a medical treatment service in India or accompany a patient, you will use these types of visas. The duration of your stay in India is 60 days beginning on your date of arrival with triple entries.
2. How to apply for India e-Visa as Costa Rican citizen
Indian e-Visa for Costa Rican citizens can be obtained online in three simple steps.
- Provide basic information on the type of visa that you want to apply for
- Complete the online application:
- All you have to do is fill out an online e-Visa application with your identical personal information including your full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number. Your date of arrival and departure also must be provided. The Indian visa application process is simple and uncomplicated.
- Make payment for your e-visa application
- The third step is to pay the India e-Visa Fee. You can choose one of the 4 payment methods that are the most suitable to you for the completion of this step.
- Obtain Confirmation
After completing your application, you will receive a confirmation of the e-Visa via your email. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have entered a legitimate email address, as this will be used to send you your e-visa details.
3. India e-Visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens
You must show certain documents and meet certain India e-Visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens to submit an electronic form:
- Your Costa Rica passport is valid for at least six months, with a scanned biographical page and a portrait photo with a clear backdrop and face.
- A valid email address to receive your e-Visa results.
- Depending on your situation, your travel documents may include a travel itinerary plan for your trip, an invitation letter, a business card, and so on.
In some cases, you may be asked to provide additional documents for each type of visa. You need to add an Invitation letter from the Organizers and Political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India in your documents if you want to obtain an e-Conference visa.
4. India e-Visa fee for Costa Rican citizens
Following the completion of your personal information, you must add a little fee for Visa payment, which includes two types of India visa fees: mandatory Government fee and flexible service fee. Because Costa Rica is not on India's exemption list, you will be required to pay the government fee for entry as a Costa Rican citizen. There are three types of service fees to choose from:
- Normal: Utilized in the majority of casual instances. Your e-Visa will be delivered to you within three business days.
- Urgent: When you're in a rush, you should use this type. You will get your results within 24 hours after finishing all the steps in the application form.
- Super urgent: You can use this service in an emergency if you require your visa within hours. You'll only have to wait about 05 business hours for your e-Visa to be sent in your email.
Payment method: To finish your application, you must pay a total fee. There are two options for payment: electronic payment and wire transfer. You can make an electronic payment using one of the following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
In addition, we urge that you purchase Covid-19 Insurance. When you are not in your own country, you will be protected against various hazards, including the Covid pandemic. We also want to point out that this is optional, and you should think about it depending on your circumstances.