Indian e-Visa requirements for East Timorese citizens
Because of India's e-Visa travel permission, which was implemented in 2014, the country's tourism has expanded significantly for those eligible nationals who seek to visit the country. Only in 2018, did the country welcome 10.5 million visitors. More than 160 countries are eligible to apply for an India electronic visa by completing a simple online form on the Indian Immigration Services website. East Timor is one of the countries that can benefit from this easy and smooth procedure, which means avoiding many consulates or embassy visits in the past. The online application for an India e-Visa can be completed in as little as 15 minutes, is online, and citizens of East Timor must essentially fulfill all of the requirements for an Indian e-Visa.
1. Types of India e-Visa for East Timorese citizens
India offers a variety of online visas for travelers from East Timor, depending on their reasons for visiting the country. These visas can be classified as follows:
- India Tourist e-Visa: Most citizens of East Timor use the India Tourist e-Visa for tourism and leisure, as well as for visiting family and attending yoga retreats. There are 3 types of Indian e-visa which available for different validity:
- Tourist e-visa for 1 month: Visitors from East Timor are entitled to stay in the country for 30 days during the 1 month validity period of this visa. Nationals of East Timor can enter India only twice during the validity period of this visa.
- Tourist e-visa for 1 year: Travelers can stay in India for 90 days for each visit during the 1 year validity period with multiple entries.
- Tourist e-visa for 5 years: East Timor travelers can stay no more than 90 days after the date of entry during the 5-year validity e-visa. This e-visa allows travelers to enter India many times before it expires.
- India Business e-Visa: Travelers from East Timor who wish to visit India for business purposes, such as meetings, conferences, or sales, can obtain an India Business e-Visa. A visa of this type allows multiple entries into India during a given year. The maximum period of stay in India is 180 days.
- India Conference e-Visa: The Indian e-Conference Visa allows you to attend a conference organized by the Indian government and stay for 30 days with a single entry.
- India Medical e-Visa: Medical e-Visa is granted to East Timorese residents seeking medical treatment in India for 60 days from the date of arrival during the 4-month validity e-visa.
East Timorese residents entering India will be required to present all the necessary supporting documents for the type of visa they possess.
2. Indian Visa requirements for East Timorese citizens
As part of the India e-Visa application, applicants from East Timor are required to gather all the documents and minimal conditions needed.
Before entering India, an East Timorese passport with a validity of at least six months is required.
- A digital copy of the passport's biographical page and a digital photograph will also be required as part of the India visa application form.
- Your passport must be valid at least six months from the date of entry and have more than 2 unused pages for stamping.
- It is important to know the email address of the applicant from East Timor because this is where all updates and approval notifications will be sent.
- Citizens of East Timor must be informed about the specific prerequisites involved, such as a letter from the hospital.
- For business and conference e-visa, travelers are also required to provide invitation letters from the inviter organization, Political clearance from Ministry of External and staff ID card.
- Citizens from East Timor with criminal records who wish to enter India should be aware of local legislation and possible restrictions before applying for an Indian e-Visa.
- At the end of the application process, payment information will be requested for processing fees. Applicants can pay with a debit or credit card.
3. The application process for East Timor residents requesting an India e-Visa
During the application process, requesters from East Timor will have to provide their identity and other personal information, such as:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Passport numbers
- Port of entry
- Details of their stay in India
Applicants from East Timor traveling with kids to India must have an adult fill out their e-Visa application. Prior to submitting the e-Visa application, the information provided must be backed up with the necessary documents, known as India's e-Visa entry requirements, to avoid mistakes and delays in the approval process.
An electronic visa application is usually processed in a short amount of time, and approval takes 2-3 business days. Once approved, the approval letter is sent to the nationals' email address from East Timor provided in the application form. During their stay in India, they must carry this approved letter with them at all times.
4. Indian e-Visa fee for East Timorese citizens
To apply for an e-Visa, citizens from East Timor must pay two types of India e-Visa fees: government fees and service fees.
The government charge is set by Indian authorities and is based on your nationality. On the other hand, there are three types of service prices, and each of them has a different processing time. Depending on your situation, you may want to consider:
- Normal: A simple application service that allows you to obtain your e-Visa within three business days.
- Urgent: When you don't have days to wait for a response, this type can assist you to receive an e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: You can obtain your e-Visa in around 5 business hours by using this service, which is designed for emergencies when you need a Visa in a hurry.
Payment for your application is required via electronic transfer including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal.
It would be an excellent trip if you added Covid-19 insurance to your itinerary. It is not only a great way to secure your financial benefits, but also a great way to ensure your e-visa is accepted.