Indian e-Visa requirements for Salvadoran citizens
India's introduction of e-Visa travel authorization, in 2014, has brought great benefits both to those who wish to visit the country as well as to the country itself, increasing tourism. In 2018, only 10.5 million tourists visited the country. An online application form is available for more than 160 countries that qualify for an electronic visa to India. In El Salvador, this simple procedure implies that previous formalities including many consulates or embassy trips are no longer required. By accessing Indian Immigration Services, it can take up to 15 minutes to complete the online application for a visa to India and meet all the Indian e-Visa requirements for Salvadoran citizens.
1. Types of India e-Visa for Salvadoran citizens
Indian online visas are available in El Salvador depending on the reason for visiting the country. They can all be categorized as follows:
- India Tourist e-VIsa for 1 month: Salvadorans most typically utilize the e-visa to visit family members and attend yoga or meditation retreats in India for tourism and recreation. This is valid for 30 days from the issue date and allows citizens to stay in India for 30 days only with double entry.
- India Tourist e-Visa for 1 year: Visitors from El Salvador can stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days each visit during its 1-year validity. El Salvador residents are granted a single-entry visa, which enables them to enter India multiple times the visa is valid.
- India Tourist e-Visa for 5 years: This visa is valid for 5 years from the date of arrival, which allows El Salvador to enter the country for as many times as they want but they can not stay more than 90 days for each visit.
- India Business e-Visa: The India e-Business visa is available for 1 year to Salvadoran travelers who are planning to travel to India for business purposes, such as meetings, conferences, and sales. The maximum stay allowed in India is 180 days per visit during the year the visa is valid. The visa entitles you to multiple entries during the year the visa is valid.
- India Conference e-Visa: You can travel to India with the Indian e-Conference Visa and attend a conference organized by the Indian government. You can stay for 30 days with just one entry.
- India Medical e-Visa: Salvadoran citizens seeking medical treatment in India may apply for the 4-month validity e-Visa that allows them to enter the country 3 times for 60 days from the date of arrival.
The immigration officials in India will require Salvadorans to have all the supporting documentation they need for the type of visa they have.
2. Indian Visa requirements for Salvadoran citizens
Citizens from El Salvador must gather all the documents and minimal conditions for the India e-Visa application when applying for an e-Visa to India:
- The most important document required for the application is a Salvadoran passport with 6 months or more of validity before entering India.
- The passport must have 2 or more blank pages for exit and entry stamps.
- The application form for an India visa also asks for a digital copy of your passport's biographical page as well as a digital photograph.
- All updates and approval notifications will be sent to the El Salvador applicant's email address, so please provide that information.
- A letter from the hospital must be met to apply for a medical e-visa
- An invitation letter, Political clearance from the Ministry of External and host ID card will be required if travelers are applying for Business of Conference e-visa.
- A credit or debit card will be required at the end of the application process to pay for India e-Visa processing fees.
3. The application process for Salvadorans requesting an India e-Visa
Salvadoran applicants will be asked questions about their identity and personal details such as:
- Full name
- Passport information
- Port of entry
- Details of their stay in India
In the case of a Salvadoran applicant traveling to India with children, their e-Visa application must be filled out by an adult. The information provided must be accompanied by the required documents, known as India's e-Visa entry requirements, before submitting the application. This avoids errors and delays in the approval process of the e-Visa.
The India electronic visa application form is typically processed quickly, and the approval can take 2- 3 business days. Once approved, the email address provided in the application is emailed to Salvadoran nationals. They must print out the approval letter and carry it with them at all times while in India.
4. Indian e-Visa fee for Salvadoran citizens
Indian e-Visa applicants from El Salvador will have to pay government fees and service fees to complete an application. There are three service price options to choose from, each with its own processing time. Depending on your situation, you may want to consider:
- Normal: We offer a simplified application process that can help you get an e-Visa within three business days.
- Urgent: Used in certain circumstances if you don't want to wait many days for a response. You can receive your e-Visa within 24 hours with this type of application.
- Super Urgent: This service is built for situations where you need a Visa in just a few hours. You can get your e-Visa in just around five business hours if you use this service.
Payment Methods: Two payment methods are accepted: electronic transfer such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal.
This would be a fantastic trip if you included Covid-19 insurance. It would ensure your financial well-being, and it would also improve your chances of obtaining an e-visa.