Indian e-Visa requirements for French citizens
India, the motherland of Hindu culture and one of the most developed countries in the world is an attractive place for business and tourism, especially for regional journeys. The Taj Mahal great temple is one of the biggest regional places in the world, a place of luck, blessings, and faith.
Alongside that, India is a nation where information and technology are top-notch, and you will see a big market where software, digital business solutions, or programs are being produced daily. In addition, Indian labor forces are huge, talented, and hard-working so in general, this is a good country for business and investment as well. According to some research, France is one of the biggest investors in India, with hundreds of millions of dollars of investment and cooperation.
In conclusion, due to both business and tourism, transportation between France and India is increasing gradually, but paperwork for getting approval to enter India is a question for French firms and citizens that have demands to travel to India. Fortunately, with the advantageous benefit of e-Visa, you can now get a Visa for traveling effortlessly.
1. Get an Indian e-Visa from France
People from France need a Visa to visit India, as do most nationalities. Obtaining a Visa on arrival was previously an option, but did not exist in 2014 when the Indian government stopped the process. There are now 2 ways for French citizens to get an India Visa: go to the embassy or apply online for an India e-Visa. The e-Visa helps you stay in India for business, tourism, or medical reasons and after the validity period has ended, it cannot be renewed.
There are 4 types of India e-Visa for French citizens:
- e-Tourist Visa (valid in 30 days, single-entry).
- e-Business Visa (valid in 365 days, multiple-entry).
- e-Medical Visa (valid in 60 days, triple-entry).
- e-Conference Visa (valid in 30 days, single entry).
2. Indian e-visa requirements for French citizens
To apply for Indian Visa from France, you need to provide the following document in order to let authorities catch up on your information and help the foreigner management system:
- A valid French passport. It must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application and also needs 1 blank page for stamping.
- A passport photo in JPEG format with a white background and the face of the individual in the center of the photo.
- Proof of accommodation or your itinerary plan for your trip to India: for verifying your travel purpose.
The Indian Embassy does not require many documents, but it is imperative that each document submitted meets its requirements. In addition, you can add COVID-19 insurance to your procedure to increase your chance of getting accepted.
3. Apply for an Indian e-Visa from France
In the first step, citizens of France can start to obtain an e-Visa for India by filling out a simple online form. You will choose what type of e-visa you want to apply for as well as some information about your entry to India before providing personal information for the Indian e-visa for French citizens
Next, French citizens must enter some personal information, including:
- The number on a passport
You must also provide information about your trip, such as:
- Dates of arrival and departure
Information about your contact, including your email address, is required. If you have met the requirements for the Indian visa for French citizens and completed the application form, you will be notified via email of the status of your application.
The third step of the visa application is making payments to complete the visa application.
In the final step, your e-visa application will be confirmed via email. Keep an eye on your email frequently to get the latest information about your e-visa and arrival time. Finally, once your India e-visa has been emailed to you, you should print at least one copy to present at the port of entry.
4. Indian e-Visa fee for French citizens
Our service contains 3 types, depending on your demand and situation:
- Normal: in most cases when you have time to prepare and wait for a result. Your approval will arrive within 3 business days.
- Urgent: in case you need a Visa as soon as possible. You will have a result within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: used in an emergency when you need a Visa within a day. You can get a Visa as soon as possible in around 5 hours with support from our experts.
To complete the application process, you will charge 2 kinds of India e-Visa fee: A service fee and a Government fee. Depending on the nation you come from, the Government fee can be adjusted and in this case, France is not on the exemption list of India so you need to pay a small fee. Moreover, you are able to choose your point of entry and see more details about service fees in this information gate.
Payment method: electronic transactions and wire transfers are accepted. You can pay via Visa, Master Card, American Express, or PayPal.
India Visa Requirements for France Citizens FAQs
Yes. French passport holders have to obtain a visa to travel to India. For many years, India has been one of the most favorite countries for French travelers. The stunning natural landscapes and the diverse culture of India fascinate French citizens.
In 2014, the Indian Government launched an electronic visa system, allowing French citizens to obtain a visa online for a short trip to India. Indian eVisa can be used for various purposes including tourism, sightseeing, attending conferences, or business activities. French passport holders can apply for one of these types of visa depending on their reasons for visiting India:
- e-Tourist Visa is granted to French citizens who wish to enjoy the beauty and culture of India. It is divided into 03 categories:
- 30 days e-Tourist Visa: It permits a maximum stay of 30 days in India with double entry.
- 1 year e-Tourist Visa: Holders of this visa can enter India multiple times within 1 year validity period and remain there for up to 90 days consecutively on each trip.
- 5 years e-Tourist visa has a validity of 5 years from the issued date with multiple entries. The maximum number of days that French nationals can stay in India is 90 days per visit.
- e-Business Visa is valid for 365 days from the date of grant of an ETA with multiple entries into the country.
- e-Medical Visa: French citizens should apply for this type of visa if they need to receive medical treatments in India. They can enter India 03 times and stay there for 60 days from the arrival date.
- e-Conference Visa: This type of visa permits a duration of stay of 30 days.
To obtain an Indian visa, French citizens are charged 2 kinds of India e-Visa fee: A service fee and a Government fee.
French citizens must pay the Government fee because France is not on the visa exemption list. This fee is paid to the Indian Immigration Department to grant French passport holders their visa. As a French citizen, you must pay US$50 for a 30-day e-Tourist visa, US$70 for a 1-year e-Tourist visa, and US$110 for other types of visa.
The service fee, on the other hand, is determined by the processing time that French citizens select for their visa application. India Immigration Services offers 03 options for the processing time of Indian evisa:
- Standard service: in most cases when French visitors have time to prepare and wait for a result. Their visa approval will be sent to their email within 03 business days. This service costs them US$69.
- Urgent service: French nationals will get their Indian eVisa within 24 hours. They have to pay an additional US$79 for this service.
- Super Urgent: French passport holders can utilize Rush visa service to obtain a visa in just 05 business hours. This service charges an extra US$99.
India is one of the most fascinating tourist destinations for many French tourists. The country offers a variety of sights, from superb landscapes to cultural heritage. Many French travelers are wondering whether they need a visa to India or not. And the answer is yes. The good news is that they do not need to visit an Indian embassy or consulate to apply for a visa as before. Instead, they can apply for an Indian eVisa in a matter of minutes with a computer or smartphone connected to the Internet.
India Immigration Services helps French passport holders to obtain their Indian eVisa within 05 to 72 hours after the submission of the visa application. Indian eVisa application procedure consists of 04 simple steps. French citizens need to fill in the visa application form in which they select the processing time for their visa application. There are 03 service categories available in India Immigration Services for French nationals:
- Standard service: French citizens can get their Indian eVisa within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: This service is available for French travelers who have a short time to prepare for their visa application. We help them get their visa in only 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: It takes only 05 business hours to grant an India visa for French passport holders.
You can receive your Indian eVisa for French citizens via email once it has been issued. This is also an advantage of an Indian electronic visa as opposed to a regular visa. Citizens of France can apply for an Indian visa online from anywhere at any time as long as they meet the following requirements:
- A valid French passport. It must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival and a minimum of 02 blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- A passport photo of the applicant with a white background and the face of the individual in the center of the photo.
- A scanned copy of the passport’s biographical page
- An email address. Visa applicants must ensure that they entered an accurate email address so that they can receive their eVisa in time.
Depending on the type of visa French nationals apply for, they have to supply some additional documents. For example, here are the required documents for e-Conference visa that French citizens must obtain:
- Invitation from organizer
- Political clearance from Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India
In addition, French travelers may check the status of their e-Visa application by clicking on the check status tab provided on India Immigration Services website.
There are 04 types of Indian eVisas for French citizens, with each type of eVisa being used for different purposes. Therefore, French passport holders should choose the one that best suits their travel purpose while filling in the application form.
- Indian e-Tourist Visa is available for 1 month, 1 year, and 5 years. French citizens can use this visa to visit India for touristic purposes such as recreation, sightseeing, and a casual visit to meet friends and relatives. For a 30-day e-Tourist Visa, the validity is 30 days from the issued date and double entries into the country are granted within this period.
Indian e-Tourist Visa (01 year / 05 years), the validity is 365 days / 05 years from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and continuous stay during each visit which shall not exceed 90 days
- Indian e-Conference visa is granted for attending a conference/ seminar/ workshop within 30 days.
- Indian e-Medical visa: French citizens who need to receive medical treatment, including treatment under Indian systems of medicine should apply for this visa.
- Indian e-Business visa: French nationals can enter India multiple times for business or trade purposes for up to 365 days from the date of the ETA grant, but they cannot stay consecutively here for longer than 180 days during each visit.
Famous for its rich and diverse culture, India attracts a large number of French tourists every year.
With an India e-Tourist visa, French passport holders can visit famous tourist places in India or visit their relatives, friends residing in the country. This visa can also be used by French travelers to attend short term yoga programme or short term courses on local languages, music, dance, arts & crafts, cooking, medicine etc. which should not be a formal or structured course/programme (courses not exceeding 6 months duration and not issuing a qualifying certificate/diploma etc. to the participants) or Voluntary work of short duration (for a maximum period of one month, which do not involve any monetary payment or consideration of any kind in return).
Currently, there are 03 different types of Indian e-Tourist visas. French visitors should choose the one that is most appropriate to their duration of stay in India.
- 30 days e-Tourist Visa: French citizens are permitted 30 days to stay in India and explore this fascinating country.
- 1 year e-Tourist Visa: It is valid for 1 year from the date of grant of ETA with multiple entries. Holders of this visa can remain in India for up to 90 days consecutively on each trip.
- 5 years e-Tourist visa: French citizens can enter India within 05 year visa validity period, with continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days.