Indian e-Visa for German citizens - Requirements and Fees
Germans traveling to India must obtain a visa in order to enter the country. The process of obtaining an Indian visa for German citizens is easier than you may imagine.
German citizens can apply for India e-Tourist visas through the Indian Government, which are available to citizens of 166 countries.
1. Types of Indian e-Visa for German citizens
German citizens who are planning to visit India for a short visit as a tourist, medical, business professionals, or conference participants can apply for an Indian e-Visa. Today, the majority apply for an Indian Visa online at their home by electronic Visa, also called eVisa. And Germans, luckily, are included in the list of countries allowed to get visas online by the Indian Government.
There are four types of Indian e-Visas for German citizens:
e-Tourist Visa: Tourists from Germans who wish to visit India are encouraged to apply for an e-Tourist visa which enables them to stay in the country for tourism and recreational purposes. There are three types of E-Tourist visas with varying validity and duration of stay.
- A short-term e-tourist visa allows German citizens to stay in India up to 30 days from the date of arrival, and the visa cannot be extended or changed in any way once issued.
- There are two types of long-term e-tourist visas available for German visitors, including 1-year and 5-year visas, depending on how long you expect to stay in India. German nationals who acquire a one-year e-tourist visa can stay in India for 365 days, while those who obtain a five-year e-tourist visa may stay up to five years following the ETA issuance, with the possibility of multiple entries into India during that time period.
e-Business Visa: With this type of e-visa Germans can enter India for business or trade purposes up to 365 days from the date of the ETA grant, and they can enter India several times, but they cannot stay continuously here for longer than 180 days at a time during each visit.
e-Conference visa: Germans can enter India using this type of e-visa if they are attending a conference organized by an Indian government ministry. If you use this type of e-visa, you can enter India for 30 days from the date of arrival for one entry only.
e-Medical Visa & Medical Attendant: Germans requiring medical treatment in India or accompanying them during treatment can apply online for an e-Medical Visa and Medical Attendant. Using this type of e-visa, you can enter India up to three times in total and stay in the country for 60 days.
2. Apply for an Indian e-Visa as a German citizen
For a long time, we have supported many Germans to get an Indian e-Visa easily by applying on our website. The process is simple and just takes some minutes following three steps below:
- Fill in the application form with some basic information.
- Make payment securely and follow our instructions to complete your procedure.
- Receiving your approved Indian e-Visa via email.
You could conduct the whole process anywhere just having a laptop or your mobile phone connected to the internet.
In addition, there are three options about the time that you want to receive your e-Visa: 3 working days, 24 hours, or about 5 business hours. These allow you to get your Indian entry permit even when you have already arrived at the Indian Airport but are not eligible to enter the country because of lacking your Indian Visa.
3. Indian e-Visa requirements for German citizens
In order to travel to India, German citizens need to hold an Indian visa. The Visa application process is routine and requires the following documents:
- Application form for e-Visa for India with payment completed. You can complete your form online on our website.
- Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of arrival. Applicants will submit a scanned photocopy of the biographical pages of their passports.
- A passport-sized photograph on a white background.
When submitting documents completed, ensure that the documents meet all the requirements or contact us if you have any questions about that.
4. Indian e-Visa fee for German citizens
Upon completing your personal information, you must add a little fee for Visa payment, which includes two types of India e-Visa fees: mandatory Government fees and flexible service fees.
As a German citizen, you will be required to pay the government fee for entry into India because Germany is not on the exemption list. There are three types of service fees to choose from:
- Normal: This type of visa is typically used in casual cases. Your e-Visa will be delivered to you within three business days.
- Urgent: Use this type if you're in a rush. You'll receive your results within 24 hours after completing all the steps in the application form.
- Super Urgent: If you need your visa within a few hours, you can use this service. It takes just a few hours for your e-Visa to be sent to your email.
In order to complete your application, you must pay a total fee. Two options are available: electronic payment and wire transfer.
The following methods are available for making electronic payments: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal.
We also suggest you purchase Covid-19 Insurance. When you are outside your own country, you will be protected against various hazards, including the Covid pandemic.