Indian e-Visa for German citizens - Requirements and Fees
India is a culturally and geographically diverse country. There are no two cities or states alike! That means there are a plethora of fantastic vacation spots across the country for all types of travelers. However, many tourist destinations are extremely popular, and some individuals wind up visiting the same location multiple times. Such cliched sites, on the other hand, have their own allure and typically offer a timeless experience every time.
Germans traveling to India must obtain a visa in order to enter the country. The process of obtaining an Indian e-Visa for German citizens is easier than you may imagine.
German citizens can apply for India e-Tourist visas through the Indian Government, which are available to citizens of 166 countries.
1. Types of Indian e-Visa for German citizens
German citizens who are planning to visit India for a short visit as a tourist, medical, business professionals, or conference participants can apply for an Indian Visa. Today, the majority apply for an Indian Visa online at their home by electronic Visa, also called eVisa. And Germans, luckily, are included in the list of countries allowed to get visas online by the Indian Government.
There are four types of Indian e-Visas for German citizens:
- e-Tourist Visa: Tourists from Germans who wish to visit India are encouraged to apply for an e-Tourist visa which enables them to stay in the country for tourism and recreational purposes. There are three types of E-Tourist visas with varying validity and duration of stay.
A short-term e-tourist visa allows German citizens to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of arrival, and the visa cannot be extended or changed in any way once issued.
There are two types of long-term e-tourist visas available for German visitors, including 1-year and 5-year visas, depending on how long you expect to stay in India. German nationals who acquire a one-year e-tourist visa can stay in India for 365 days, while those who obtain a five-year e-tourist visa may stay up to five years following the ETA issuance, with the possibility of multiple entries into India during that time period.
- e-Business Visa: With this type of e-visa Germans can enter India for business or trade purposes up to 365 days from the date of the ETA grant, and they can enter India several times, but they cannot stay continuously here for longer than 180 days at a time during each visit.
- e-Conference visa: Germans can enter India using this type of e-visa if they are attending a conference organized by an Indian government ministry. If you use this type of e-visa, you can enter India for 30 days from the date of arrival for one entry only.
- e-Medical Visa & Medical Attendant: Germans requiring medical treatment in India or accompanying them during treatment can apply online for an e-Medical Visa and Medical Attendant. Using this type of e-visa, you can enter India up to three times in total and stay in the country for 60 days.
2. Processes to be followed to issue an Indian e-Visa for German citizens
For a long time, we have supported many Germans to get an Indian e-Visa easily by applying on our website. The process is simple and just takes some minutes following three steps below:
- Fill in the application form with some basic information.
- Make payment Indian e-Visa for German citizens securely and follow our instructions to complete your procedure.
- Receiving your approved Indian e-Visa via email.
You could conduct the whole process anywhere just by having a laptop or your mobile phone connected to the internet.
In addition, there are three options for the time that you want to receive your e-Visa: 3 working days, 24 hours, or about 5 business hours. These allow you to get your Indian entry permit even when you have already arrived at the Indian Airport but are not eligible to enter the country because of lacking your Indian Visa.
3. Indian e-Visa requirements for German citizens
In order to travel to India, German citizens need to hold an Indian visa. The Visa application process is routine and requires the following documents:
- Application form for e-Visa for India with payment completed. You can complete your form online on our website.
- Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of arrival. Applicants will submit a scanned photocopy of the biographical pages of their passports.
- A passport-sized photograph on a white background.
When submitting documents completed, ensure that the documents meet all the requirements or contact us if you have any questions about that.
4. Indian e-Visa fee for German citizens
Upon completing your personal information, you must add a little fee for Visa payment, which includes two types of India e-Visa fees: Government fees and flexible service fees.
As a German citizen, you will be required to pay the government fee for entry into India because Germany is not on the exemption list. There are three types of service fees to choose from:
- Normal: This type of visa is typically used in casual cases. Your e-Visa will be delivered to you within three business days.
- Urgent: Use this type if you're in a rush. You'll receive your results within 24 hours after completing all the steps in the application form.
- Super Urgent: If you need your visa within a few hours, you can use this service. It takes just 5 hours for your e-Visa to be sent to your email.
In order to complete your application, you must pay a total fee. Two options are available: electronic payment and wire transfer.
The following methods are available for making electronic payments: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal.
We also suggest you purchase Covid-19 Insurance. When you are outside your own country, you will be protected against various hazards, including the Covid pandemic.
India Visa Requirements for Germany Citizens FAQs
With stunning landscapes and incredible cultural diversity, India is a fantastic place to visit, especially for German travelers. From March 2022, all international flights will resume, allowing German citizens to visit the country. The Indian Government decided to reopen tourism because of the high vaccination rates and the low number of coronavirus infections.
Before traveling to India, visitors from Germany must know that they need to possess some important documents at hand, and a visa is one of them. The current online visa application system is less tedious and difficult for German citizens than the conventional one, allowing them to apply for a visa from the comfort of their own homes. As a result, an Indian electronic visa is the fastest and easiest way for German nationals to obtain a visa and visit India for various plans such as travel, business, or medical treatment.
Applying for an Indian eVisa for German citizens can be done entirely online. German citizens are typically granted an eVisa for India within 03 working days, while many visitors may get their visa sooner if they select the rush visa service. Therefore, the eVisa application should be submitted at least 04 days before their travel date to India. German nationals may enter India by 05 seaports and 28 specific airports, including Delhi, Mumbai, Goa, and Chennai, … with the Indian e-Visa.
An Indian eVisa for German citizens is granted to Germans to visit India for a certain period of time. To apply for an eVisa, German applicants must fill in an online application form at India Immigration Services. For the application to be processed, they need to pay their Indian visa fee which are the Government fee and the Service fee.
The Government fee is charged by the Indian Immigration Department to grant their visa. There are 04 types of Indian eVisa with each type has a different amount of Government fee:
- 30 days e-Tourist Visa: US $50
- 1 year e-Tourist Visa: US $70
- 5 years e-Tourist Visa: US $110
- Other types of e-Visa (Conference e-Visa, Medical eVisa + Medical Attendant e-Visa, Business e-Visa): US $110
The service charge, on the other hand, is an amount that German applicants must pay to India Immigration Services in advance to complete the visa application. They will receive enthusiastic support from our specialists, from giving advice on which type of visa is most suitable for them, assisting them in the documentation preparation, collecting their visa from the Government, and sending them to the applicants.
Depending on how soon German citizens want to obtain their visa, the service fee may vary.
- Normal: For only $69.00, German nationals will receive their visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Paying an additional $79.00, they will obtain their visa within 24 hours after submitting their application for review.
- Super Urgent: German travelers can receive their visa in only 05 hours with a fee of an extra $99.00.
Germans who meet the Indian visa requirements and correctly follow the instructions on the online application form can expect to receive an Indian electronic visa for German citizens within 05 to 72 hours. The online visa application form at India Immigration Services takes only 15 minutes to complete, from entering their first and last name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number to paying the visa fee. Note that they should review all the data provided in the application form before applying for an electronic visa because any errors or unmatched information may be the cause of your visa processing delays. Moreover, German nationals can check the visa processing time here.
Once the visa has been processed, it then will be sent to the applicant’s email address. Therefore, German applicants have to make sure that they provide an accurate email to which they have access to avoid any problems with their eVisa. Currently, India Immigration Services offers German customers 03 options for visa processing time so that they can choose one that best suits their needs and budget. German citizens should know that their choice will have an influence on their visa fee:
- Normal: used in most cases when German applicants have enough time for preparation and wait for a response. They will receive their e-Visa in 03 business days.
- Urgent: is suitable for Germans if they just have a little time for all processes. Within 24 hours, they can obtain an Indian eVisa.
- Super Urgent: An eVisa for German citizens arrives in 05 business hours.
Yes. Because Germany is excluded from the visa-free list of India, German citizens who wish to have a short visit to this country must obtain a visa beforehand. Fortunately, Germans are eligible for Indian electronic eVisa. German nationals can apply for a visa for India at the nearest Indian Embassy or online at India Immigration Services. Applying for an India visa online, thus, is more convenient and straightforward than the conventional way.
Indian eVisa for German citizens are issued for short-term stays in India for a variety of purposes. There are 04 categories of Indian eVisa available to German travelers.
- e-Tourist Visa is used for recreation, sightseeing, visiting relatives & friends purposes. Aside from the 30-day e-Tourist Visa, the Indian Government also grants long-term eVisas for 1 year & 5 years. German nationals who acquire a one-year e-tourist visa can stay in India for 365 days, while those who obtain a five-year e-tourist visa may stay up to five years provided that each stay does not exceed 90 days.
- e-Business Visa: Germans should apply for this type of visa if they plan to visit the country for business or trade activities. It allows German residents to stay in the country for up to 365 days. However, they cannot remain continuously here for longer than 180 days at a time during each visit.
- e-Conference visa: This type of visa is granted to German nationals to attend conferences, and workshops held by an Indian Ministry or Department, permitting a 30-day stay in the country.
- e-Medical Visa & Medical Attendant: Using this type of e-visa, you can enter India up to three times in total and stay in the country for 60 days.
Yes, you can. German passport holders can apply for all types of Indian electronic visa, including a Business visa. A Business eVisa is granted to German nationals who want to participate in business activities in India, including the following:
- For selling/ purchasing some goods or services in India.
- Participating in trade, exhibitions and business fairs.
- Attending technical meetings, sales meetings and any other business meetings.
- Setting up industrial or business ventures.
A physical visit to the office of the Indian Embassy or Consulate is not necessary for those who apply for an eBusiness Indian Visa (Business Visa for India) because the entire process can be completed online through India Immigration Services portal. After completing the application form with enough information, German business travelers need to pay the visa fee using electronic payment methods (Debit/ Credit Card, PayPal, and American Express) or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
The must-have documents to get an Indian Business eVisa for German passport holders include:
- A passport that remains valid for at least six months from the date of entry into India
- A scan of passport’s biographical page
- A recent photograph of the applicant that meets photo requirements.
- A business card
- An invitation letter from host
- An ID card/ passport of the host.