India e-Visa requirements for Icelandic citizens
Have you ever heard of a land called the origin of Buddhism? That is India now. Because of that reason, through decades, this nation has been the top preferred place of Buddhists and many more people from other denominations. That is why the travel demand of people around the world to this country has been increasing year by year.
Catching that trend, in 2014 the Indian government decided to launch a whole new type of visa as a promotion for pushing up the tourism field of India.
In general, the e-visa has a simpler application process and takes less time to complete. If you are an Icelandic, then you have an eligibility of getting e-visa to enter India like other over 150 countries.
In this article, you will know all the information about the Indian e-visa as well as how many steps will be required to get it, by using our high experience in the travel consulting field.
1. Indian e-Visa for Icelandic citizens
By now, the Indian government has released a total 6 types of e-visa, including 4 main types. In this article, we give you a full information of 4 main types of Indian e-visa for Icelandic citizens which mostly used:
- e-Tourist visa: used for tourism and related purposes. With this type of visa, you are able to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival and it cannot be extended or converted.
- e-Business visa: this type of visa allows you to enter India to do business but NOT for employment. You are able to stay in India for up to 365 days if you use an e-Business visa. Moreover, you can go in and out of the country many times you wish, but each period of your stay shall not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference visa: this e-visa type is your allowance to enter India for a conference from the government only. You can stay for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival, with single-entry only.
- e-Medical visa: used when you need to take a medical treatment in India. If you use this type, you are able to stay in India for up to 60 days with triple-entry in advance.
2. Indian visa requirements for Icelandic citizens
In general, the whole application process for e-visa is shorter and more feasible than the casual type. All you need to do is provide your required documents listed below in order to let the Indian authorities know and verify your identification as well as your entry purposes.
The following list is specific Indian e-visa requirements for Icelandic citizens:
- A standardized passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. You also need to provide a scanned copy of your biographical page and a passport-sized photograph (clear background and face).
- A frequently used email address to receive your e-visa result.
- Travel itinerary: your detailed plan in India is required. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you shall not complete your tour or flight booking before your e-visa is issued.
- Additional documents: you will be asked to provide some purpose-related documents. For example, if you are applying for an e-Business visa, you will need an invitation letter and/or business card as a reference.
Read more: How to apply for India eVisa.
3. Indian e-Visa fee for Icelandic citizens:
After completing the application form and providing all necessary Indian requirements for Icelandic citizens documents, you can move to the final step to complete your application process. This payment step requests you to pay for 2 kinds of India visa fees: the government and service fee. For the government fee, since Iceland is not in the exemption list of India, then you need to pay for this fee, as an Icelandic.
For the service fee, you have 3 individual options to choose, depending on your need:
- Normal: this is the standardized service which can help you get your e-visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: the waiting time of this service is shorter, which means you just need to wait for up to 24 hours to get your e-visa when using this service.
- Super urgent: used for emergencies when you need to get your e-visa as soon as possible. With this service, you will get your result in just within 5 business hours.
Payment method: you can choose between electronic payment or wire transfer to complete the transaction. If you choose electronic payment, these following units can be useful for you: Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.