Indian visa for Ireland - Evisa requirements for Irish citizens
India has been in the top 10 most visited countries in the world for a long time. Therefore, the demand for travel authorization is increasing gradually. And after a period of time researching and building process, the Indian government decided to launch an Electronic visa in 2014 as a proper solution for solving casual type difficulties about time and expenses.
So how to apply for an Indian e-visa from Ireland without spending much money and effort? In this article, we will show you all information about this new type of visa, including requirements and how many kinds of fees you will pay to get an e-visa.
1. Indian e-Visa for Irish citizens
Up to now, the Indian government has launched a total of 6 types of e-visa, containing 4 main types for worldwide use. The list of nationwide available types of e-visa is illustrated below:
- e-Tourist visa: used when you need to enter India for tourism or related purposes. With this type of e-visa, you will have an allowance to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with single entry only.
- e-Business visa: used when you need to enter India for business purposes. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in India for up to 365 days with multiple entry times. Each period of stay shall not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference visa: used when you have a conference from the government in India. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with a single entry only.
- e-Medical visa: used when you need medical treatment or health service inside India, including Yoga and physical therapy. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in India for up to 60 days with a maximum of 3 entries.
2. Indian e-visa requirements for Irish citizens:
To apply for any kind of visa, paperwork is required. But the e-visa application process is more convenient thanks to the online application method. You will not need to go to the Indian embassy and wait for hours to get your approval. Instead, all you need to do is the full application documents with the following items:
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival and has 1 blank page for verification markings. You also need to provide a scanned copy of your passport biographical page with 1 portrait photograph (clear background and face are required).
- An email address for receiving e-visa results.
- A travel itinerary: your detailed plan to India. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you shall not complete your tour and flight bookings before your e-visa is issued.
- Additional documents: you will be required to provide some side documents so that the local authority can verify your entry purposes. Take an e-Business visa as an example, if you are applying for that, the invitation letter and/or business card with your contact details and the name of relevant organizations on that are required side documents.
3. Indian e-Visa cost for Irish citizens:
Applying for an Indian visa from Ireland is a simple process that may be completed from the applicant's home. Because the questions are simple and easy, completing the online application form takes no more than 15 minutes. There are questions about biographical information and trip plans, as well as security and passport information such as full name, passport expiry date, date of birth, nationality, and so on.
To provide for adequate processing time, the application should be submitted at least a few days before the anticipated travel. However, the application can be completed up to 120 days before the planned trip. Upon approval, the visa will be received at the provided email address, which should be printed out and taken to the airport with you ready for presentation at passport control. It is advisable to keep a copy of the approved visa during the whole stay in India.
Holders of an e-Visa can enter the country through 28 airports and 5 seaports. It is necessary to travel to India with the same passport that was used to fill out the online application form.
4. Indian e-Visa cost for Irish citizens:
After completing the required documents, your application process will move to the next step: service option and receipt payment.
For your information, there are 2 main kinds of India visa fees you need to know: the service fee and the government fee.
For the government fee, since Ireland is not in the exemption list of India, this fee is compulsory.
For the service fee, there are 3 service options for you to choose:
- Normal: you can get your e-visa within 3 business days if you use this service type.
- Urgent: this typeof service is a higher state which can help you get your e-visa within just 24 hours.
- Super urgent: the highest priority type that can help you get your e-visa within around 5 business hours.
Payment: you can choose between electronic payment or wire transfer to complete your payment. In case you use electronic payment, consider using Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Paypal for a secure transaction.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor