Indian e-Visa requirements for Jamaican citizens
Since India implemented the electronic visa in 2017 as a time-saving measure, more than 150 countries have been able to apply. Jamaican citizens can now use an internet system to fill out a short application form.
Types of e-visa for Jamaica travelers
1. Types of Indian e-Visa for Jamaican citizens
The procedure of obtaining an Indian visa online can be relatively simple as long as the proper documents are presented and the appropriate conditions are met.
Electronic visas for holders of Jamaican passports are classified as follows:
- e-Tourist visas with multiple entries permit a stay of 90 days available for 1-year and 5-year validity e-visa. If any Jamaica citizens just want to stay in India for short periods of time, they can apply for a tourist e-visa which is valid for 1 month and allows citizens to stay in India for 30 days in total.
- e-Business visas with double-entry permits a stay of 180 days, which valid for 1 year from the issuance date.
- e-Conference visas with single entry only permit Jamaica travelers to stay in India for 30 days overall. This visa is valid for 4 months after being issued.
- e-Medical visas with triple entries allows Jamaica citizens for a stayover of 60 days for each visit. This visa is valid for 4 months from the date of entry. There is another type of e-Medical attendant, this is the same function with e-Medical visa but for the patient's relatives.
2. Indian Visa requirements for Jamaican citizens
Depending on the type of India visa that the applicant is applying for, the documents that will be required will vary for each visa application form.
Jamaican nationals must meet the following standards as part of the Indian e-Visa entrance requirements:
- Travelers must have a passport valid for at least six months before entering the country.
- An applicant must have scanned the passport information page and a passport-style photograph.
- An invitation letter and Host ID card are required for business e-visa.
- The Political clearance from the Ministry of External is provided when applying for a conference e-visa.
- Medical e-visa requires a medical letter from an Indian hospital.
- A debit or credit card (for payment of processing fees)
- Having an active email address
Indian e-visa requirements for Jamaica citizens.
After meeting all these requirements, Jamaican nationals may apply for immigration to India. They will be asked questions and required to submit specific documentation to complete the application process.
This application form asks the following questions:
- Name and last names
- Phone number
- Passport number and dates
- Expected ports of entry and ports of exit
An applicant must have scanned the passport information page and a passport-style photograph that meets the following requirements:
- Front faced
- White-colored background
- No hats or head garments
- No sunglasses
Passport holders from Jamaica can complete the form from any computer, tablet, or smartphone with an internet connection. Applicants can complete the Indian e-Visa application form online in a few minutes, and approval can be provided via email within two to three business days. Jamaican applicants, on the other hand, may risk delays or denials if they fail to present correct and complete information.
3. Vaccinations are required for Jamaican citizens before entering India
Every traveler entering the country, including Jamaicans, must have all the vaccines required to stay in the country. Even though some of these illnesses have been eradicated in many countries around the world, India still sees a few cases every year.
It is recommended that Jamaican travelers contact a medical expert before traveling to India in order to acquire the appropriate immunizations, as it only takes a few shots to keep them healthy.
Vaccines required for entry into India include:
- Yellow fever
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Typhoid fever
- Japanese encephalitis
Staying healthy in India involves washing hands, drinking bottled water, eating safely, protecting yourself from insect bites, and avoiding touching street animals.
Read more: How to apply for an Indian e-Visa
4. Indian e-Visa fee for Jamaican citizens
In order to complete the application process, Jamaican citizens must pay two types of fees: those charged by the government and those charged by the service provider. A government fee is necessary due to Jamaica's exclusion from the Indian e-Visa exemption list.
Indian e-visa fee for Jamaican citizens.
Apply for more applications to get the best service charge. Choose one of the following alternatives to match your trip goals and budget:
- Normal: If you have plenty of time to assemble your papers and wait for a response, it is the most cost-effective way to apply for a visa. This service has a three-business-day wait period.
- Urgent: Jamaica residents can receive their results in just 24 hours thanks to this great service.
- Super Urgent: Jamaican nationals can take advantage of this service if they are experiencing a high-priority situation requiring an e-Visa immediately, with results within 5 working hours of their application.
Among the two methods of payment, electronic payments and wire transfers, consider Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal when considering electronic payments. For wire transfers, Jamaican citizens can make payment by the Bank of Cyprus.