Indian e-Visa requirements for Kiribati citizens
In 2017, the Indian government established an electronic visa for travelers to the nation. In recent years, almost 150 countries have qualified to apply. Kiribati residents, who are among the many countries eligible to apply online, now have access to a simple application form.
1. Types of Indian e-Visa for Kiribati citizens
Applying for an Indian e-Visa is relatively simple if the necessary papers and conditions are satisfied. Kiribati residents should also be aware that the Indian Government offers a variety of visas, each with its own set of restrictions.
India electronic visas consist of 4 types:
- e-Tourist visa has 3 types:
- Tourist e-visa for 1 month: is valid for 1 month from the issued date. It allows Kiribati nationals to spend 30 days staying in India, and one entry in the country.
- Tourist e-visa for 1 year: is valid for 1 year from the issued date. It allows travelers from Kiribati to stay in India for 90 days each stay.
- Tourist e-visa for 5 years: is valid for 5 years after being approved by the Indian government. This e-visa allows Kiribati citizens to stay in India for a maximum of 90 days for each visit.
- e-Business visa: A multiple entry visa allows visitors to stay for 180 days on each trip.
- e-Conference visa: is valid for 04 months from the issued date with a single entrance. Holders of this visa can stay in the country for 30 days from the arrival date.
- Medical eVisa + Medical Attendant: is available for Kiribati who wish to receive healthcare in the country for 60 days. Medical e-visas are three-entry visas, having a 120-day validity from the date they are issued.
Visitors must have six months of validity on their passports at the time of arrival.
2. Indian Visa Requirements for Kiribati citizens
To enter India with the Indian e-Visa as a Kiribati national, you must meet the following requirements:
- Having a valid Kiribati passport
- A debit or credit card (for payment of processing fees )
- Possessing an active email address (where Kiribati will receive their India e-Visa)
Different types of Indian visas require different documentation for the completion of each visa application form.
For example: If Kiribati citizens wish to apply for a medical visa, they will need a letter from the hospital in which their treatment will take place. Depending on the type of e-Visa, the Kiribati applicant needs to provide some additional documents:
- e-Conference visa: An invitation letter from the organizer and Political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India
- e-Business visa: An Invitation letter from the host and an ID card/Passport of the host
- e-Medical & Medical Attendant visa: A letter from the Indian hospital or medical center where the applicant will be treated. Attendants need to have an eVisa number from the patient to apply.
Applicants must meet all of these requirements to begin the application process, and they must also submit certain documents and answer specific questions.
Application forms include the following questions:
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Phone number
- Passport number
An applicant must also have scanned the passport information page as well as a passport-type photo that meets the following requirements:
- Front faced
- White-colored background
- No hats or head garments
- No sunglasses
In addition, the application form needs to include:
- Expected ports of entry and ports of exit
- Number of visas
- Type of e-Visa
- Transportation method
- Port of arrival
- Processing time
If Kiribati candidates provide incorrect or misleading information, their applications may be delayed or even denied.
Any computer, tablet, or smartphone with a working internet connection can be used to complete the form. Indian e-Visa online application forms require just a few minutes to complete, and approval is normally received within 05 hours to 03 business days.
3. Vaccinations are required for Kiribati citizens before entering India
All visitors, including Kiribati citizens, enter the country having all necessary immunizations. Even though several of these diseases have been eradicated around the world, India still has a high number of instances.
Travelers from Kiribati are advised to consult with a medical professional before visiting India to receive the necessary immunizations, as it takes just a few injections to stay healthy.
To enter India, you will need to receive the following vaccines:
- Yellow fever
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Typhoid fever
- Japanese encephalitis
While in India, you should also wash your hands, drink bottled water, eat safely, avoid contact with street animals, and prevent yourself from pests or mosquito bites.
4. Indian e-Visa fee for Kiribati citizens
Two types of fees are necessary for Kiribati citizens to complete the application process: the government fee and the service fee.
Kiribati residents must pay a government fee for their visas because the country is not on India's e-Visa exemption list.
To reduce the service fee, you can apply for more applications. Meanwhile, you can choose one of the following options:
- Normal: You can apply for this visa service when you have the time to sit down and compile your papers while waiting for a response. This service takes 3 business days to complete.
- Urgent: If you use this cutting-edge service, Kiribati citizens will obtain their results within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: Kiribati residents using this service are in high-priority situations requiring their e-Visa within hours, with results available within 5 hours.
Payment methods: Wire transfers and electronic payments are two types of payment methods. You should use Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal for electronic payments.