Indian e-Visa requirements for Latvian citizens
The India e-Visa is an online visa introduced by the Indian government in 2014 that is available to citizens worldwide (including Latvian citizens). It is a simple and quick procedure that saves time (or money) spent on visa applications at embassies. To complete their visa application effectively, Latvian candidates must have a valid passport and a stable internet connection.
India e-Visas available for Latvian citizens
For Latvian passport holders, the Indian authorities provide some e-Visas. Among these is
- the e-Tourist visa: The Indian e-Visa is perfect for Latvian citizens traveling to India for cultural purposes, pleasure, or relaxation. This travel permit is also valid for Latvians visiting friends or family members in India. There are 03 types of e-tourist visas for India Latvian nationals can choose depending on the length of trips in the country. A 30-day tourist visa allows Latvian travelers to stay in the country for 30 days from the arrival date, with a double entry into the country.
If Latvian citizens want to stay in India longer, they can apply for a long-term e-Tourist visa, which is a 1 year and 5 years tourist visa. 1-year e Tourist visa is valid for 01 years from the issued date, allowing a continuous stay up to 90 days, with multiple entries. 5 years e Tourist visa has a longer validity, for 05 years from the date of issuance. They can enter the country as many times as they wish, with each stay not exceeding 90 days.
- e-Business visa: Latvian professionals visiting India for business can apply for an India e-Business visa. This visa is valid for one year from the issued date and enables multiple entries. The total staying time for this e visa is up to 356 days, with a continuous stay of each visit not exceeding 180 days.
- India e-Conference visa: This type of visa is valid for 04 months from the date of issuance, allowing Latvians to stay in the country for up to 30 days for government-organized conferences. They are only allowed to enter India once.
- e-Medical visa: Latvian nationals seeking medical treatment in India may apply for an India e-Medical visa. This travel visa will necessitate a letter from the hospital in India that will be treating them. It is valid for 04 months from the date of issuance, allowing holders of Latvian passports to enter three times with a total staying time of up to 60 days from the arrival date.
India visa requirements for Latvian citizens
There are specific requirements for the Indian e-visa that Latvian citizens must meet before beginning the application procedure for an Indian visa:
- A valid Latvian passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in India and 02 blank pages for entry and exit stamps.
- A scanned copy of your passport biographical page and a photograph.
- A frequently used email address.
Specific requirements for each e-visa type:
- For a Business e visa: An invitation letter from the host, as well as the host’s ID card/passport.
- For an e-Conference visa: Latvian applicants need to provide an invitation letter from a conference host and a political clearance from the Indian MEA.
- For an e-Medical+Medical Attendant visa: Latvian nationals need an invitation letter from a hospital to get medical treatment. For attendants to go with the patient, each patient can bring a maximum of 02 attendants.
Latvian citizens traveling to India must have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the expected date of arrival. The email address supplied must be a valid account, from which Latvian visitors will get all notifications regarding their application and e-Visa acceptance.
Apply for India e-Visa as Latvian citizens
Once Latvian passport holders indicate they have met the India visa requirements for Latvian citizens, they will be sent the application form for the Indian e-Visa. Local governments have made sure that the questionnaire is simple and easy to utilize for its candidates. It is divided into sections that address the applicant's identity, passport information, personal health, and background.
Latvian citizens must fill out the application form with the following information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Home address
- Telephone number
- Passport number
- Date of arrival/departure
They must ensure that the information they provide corresponds to what is printed in their passport, as the Indian authorities will conduct these checks during the review process.
Latvian applicants must share copies of the biographical information page because personal information is necessary for the India e-Visa.
India e-Visa fee for Latvian citizens
Once you have confirmed that your documents are complete, you will be charged a total India e-Visa fee for Latvian citizens to finish the application procedure, which includes both the Government fee and service fees.
Because Latvia is not on India's exemption list, you must pay the government charge as a Latvian.
For the service fee, you can select one of the three choices listed below:
- Normal: utilized for routine circumstances where you have plenty of time to prepare the paperwork and wait for a response. When you use this service, you will obtain your e-Visa within three working days.
- Urgent: used in case you need your e-Visa in a hurry. You will obtain your results within 24 hours if you use this service option.
- Super urgent: utilized in an emergency when you require your e-Visa in hours. This service guarantees that you will have your e-Visa within 05 business hours.
Payment method: Once you've decided on the type of service you want, you'll know how much you'll have to pay to finish the application process. There are two main methods for paying your entire fee: electronic payment and wire transfer (HSBC transaction). If you prefer electronic payments, you can use one of the following: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor