Indian e-Visa requirements for Malaysian citizens
- 1. Indian visa for Malaysian citizens
- 2. Check the Indian e-Visa requirements for Malaysian citizens
- 3. How to apply for an Indian e-Visa for Malaysian citizens
- 4. Indian e-Visa fee for Malaysian citizens
With so much history and culture, India has become a popular tourist destination. Visitors from all over the world will be drawn to the country by its breathtaking scenery. Discovering all this in such a stunning nation would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Visitors from Malaysia and other nations must comply with all Indian entry regulations. In a positive development, most tourists may now apply for visas online. You can get an Indian visa for Malaysian citizens if you're a citizen of Malaysia planning a trip to India.
Are you traveling around India on a Malaysian passport? Get the answers to your questions about the Indian e-Visa application process here. Some of the most frequently asked questions have been answered in this article below.
Indian e-Visa for Malaysian citizens
1. Indian visa for Malaysian citizens
What kind of visa do I need to travel to India from Malaysia?
Visitors from Malaysia entering India must own a valid Indian visa issued in Malaysia.
Those with a Malaysian passport can apply for an Indian visa in a few different methods. Visas to enter India come in a few different styles. The Indian consulates and embassies in Malaysia accept visa applications from all travelers.
A visitor's visa must match the trip's objective and anticipated length of stay in India. There are two forms of Indian visa for Malaysian citizens:
- Indian e-Visa: This is an online rendition of the visa that the government of India issues to foreign visitors. Visitors from other countries who just need to enter the country for a short time are eligible for this visa. You can submit your application online, and a decision will be made within a few days. The electronic visa for India is intended for travel related to business, tourism, or medical treatment.
- A traditional visa: is a type of visa reserved for long-term stays, conferences, and other special occasions. This visa category allows for considerably longer stays than a tourist visa (up to ten years). They are permanently affixed to new passports from the moment they are issued to tourists.
If a Malaysian citizen plans to stay in India for less than 60 days, he or she must apply for a tourist visa to India. Those who wish to make India their permanent home should apply for a normal visa.
Types of Indian e-Visa for Malaysian citizens
You can check the Indian government's detailed list of e-Visas to be sure you're applying for the proper kind of visa for your trip.
Tourist e-visa is used for tourism which is given to tourists who want to spend a vacation or visit India. In contrast, business and conference e-visa is for those who wish to attend international meetings or engage in business activities. Medical e-visa is used to seek medical treatment in India.
There are 4 main categories of e-visa that travelers can apply for depending on their demands:
- e-Tourist Visa valid and stay for 30 days (double entries)
- e-Tourist Visa valid 1 year and stay within 90 days (multiple entries)
- e-Tourist Visa valid 5 years stay within 90 days (multiple entries)
- e-Business Visa valid for 1 year and stay within 180 days (multiple entries)
- e-Medical Visa valid for 4 months and stay within 60 days (triple entries)
- e-Medical Attendant Visa valid for 4 months and stay within 60 days (triple entries)
- e-Conference Visa valid for 4 months and stay within 30 days (single entry)
2. Check the Indian e-Visa requirements for Malaysian citizens
The most reliable and risk-free way to acquire a visa is to apply for an Indian e-Visa online. Below are the requirements for Malaysians to apply for an Indian visa:
- A copy of the biography page in the Malaysia passport
- An image with a white background that is passport size ( It should be taken within 6 months)
- An email to receive an Approved Indian e-Visa
- For business and conference e-visa, an invitation letter from the organization or company partner with a staff ID.
- A medical e-visa requires a medical letter from a hospital in India.
- Passports must have at least 6 months of validity beyond the date of arrival in India.
- The applicant's passport photo and a scanned copy of the passport in the required format must be sent with the online application.
If you don't, the processing of your application for an Indian visa from Malaysia could be halted while the problem is investigated.
Requirements of Indian e-Visa for Malaysia
3. How to apply for an Indian e-Visa for Malaysian citizens
The application for an Indian e-Visa can be completed online quickly and simply. Obtaining an Indian Visa for Malaysian citizens in 4 steps:
- Step 01: Fill out the online application form on the Indian Immigration Services website to submit your application. Get out your keyboard and fill out the online form with your details. You must provide accurate information.
- Step 02: After verifying that you have entered the proper information in the above step. The next step is to submit your visa payment online. Credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, and direct bank transfers are all acceptable methods of payment. When we receive your completed application and full payment of our fee, we will send you an email requesting any additional information needed to process your application.
- Step 03: Remember to check your email often to confirm your details and find out when you may receive your e-Visa. Print off your e-Visa and You must have a printed copy of your Indian e-Visa with you when you travel to the Republic of India.
- Step 04: If you have a valid e-Visa and arrive in India, the employees at the airport will stamp your passport with an entry stamp.
Requests for eVisas should be submitted no later than 8 days before the applicant's scheduled departure date. If your visa application is approved, you will receive an email notification.
If any component of an application is deemed insufficient by authorities, the applicant will be required to provide further information as quickly as feasible.
Read more: Travel Insurance for Malaysia
Apply for Indian e-Visa from Malaysia
4. Indian e-Visa fee for Malaysian citizens
For the Indian e-Visa, Malaysian nationals must pay two different types of fees: The Government Fees and The Service Fees.
The government's fee is the amount that Malaysians are required to pay to the Indian Government for the Indian Government to issue them an Indian e-Visa.
To use our service, which includes advising you on the India e-Tourist visa, supplying the necessary documents, checking your application, and presenting the result of your application, you must pay our Service Fee in advance.
Depending on your budget and how quickly you need your visa, you can choose from one of the three services advantages provided by Indian Immigration Services:
- Normal Services for Malaysian citizens: If you go with this choice, you'll get your Indian e-Visa in 03 business days.
- Urgent Services for Malaysian citizens: If you decide to go with this option, you will get your Indian e-Visa within a day of making your choice after it has been processed.
- Super Urgent Services for Malaysian citizens: If you select this option, the processing time for your Indian e-Visa will be 5 hours of regular business time.
Payment Methods of an Indian visa for Malaysia: You can submit your payment online (through the Bank of Cyprus) or via wire transfer (through Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal).
The cost of Indian e-Visa for Malaysia citizens