Indian e-Visa requirements for citizens of Marshall Islands
The Indian Government has provided an online registration for Marshall Islands passport holders since 2014. This online visa (e-Visa) to India enables visitors from the Marshall Islands and other countries to visit India for short periods of time.
India e-Visa is an official document that allows Marshall Islands residents to enter and travel within the Republic of India for the purposes of tourism, conferences, and courses under this new system of Indian Online Visa. This new system benefits citizens all over the world by saving applicants time and money compared to traditional visas.
Table of contents:
- Indian e-Visa requirements for citizens of Marshall Islands
How many types of Indian e-Visas are available to Marshall Islands residents?
1. How many types of Indian e-Visas are available to Marshall Islands residents?
For citizens of the Marshall Islands, there are four different types of India e-Visas available:
- e-Tourist Visa: This type is designed for Marshallese nationals visiting family or traveling in the Republic of India for a short period of time. You can visit India once and stay for 30 days.
Indian e-Visas for tourists: Marshall Islands nationals are permitted to stay in the country for extended periods of time—1 year and 5 years, respectively—but each stay is limited to 90 days.
- e-Business Visa: This type is intended for Marshallese nationals who intend to work or participate in specific types of projects in the Republic of India within 180 days each visit. You can visit India multiple times in a year.
- e-Medical Visa: which is available for specific treatment methods related to the applicants' health.
e-Medical Attendant Visa: and was designed for citizens from the Marshall Islands accompanying an Indian Medical e-Visa holder.
Both Medical e-visas are valid for 4 months from the date of issue and allow visitors to stay there for 60 days with triple entries.
- e-Conference Visa: This type of visa is for Marshall Islands citizens traveling to India for conference attendance, with a stay period of 30 days and only one entry.
Citizens from the Republic of the Marshall Islands may apply for one of the e-Visa types listed in this section, depending on the purpose of their visit to India.
2. Indian e-Visa requirements for citizens of the Marshall Islands
A citizen from the Marshall Islands must consider many Indian visa requirements prior to actually applying for an Indian e-Visa. When completing the online application form, the traveler is required to provide the following information:
- Marshall Islands passports are issued by the Republic of the Marshall Islands (valid for 6 months after arrival).
- Medical e-Visa requires a copy of a letter from the hospital wanting to offer treatment in India.
- Business e-visa requires a host ID card, a company COI and invitation letter.
- A passport-style photo with a white background.
- A biographical page of applicants’ passports
- Please provide a valid and correct email address.
- An active credit or debit card
Indian e-Visa requirements for citizens of the Marshall Islands
3. Apply for an Indian e-Visa from the Marshall Islands
To receive an e-Visa for India, you must first complete the online application form.
The Indian government established this online visa application process in order to expedite the visa registration process. An e-Visa is usually granted in 5 to 72 business days to an applicant from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, but it may take longer in some cases.
Marshall Islands citizens who fill out the application will be asked for information about themselves, their passports, and their intended trip dates. Marshall Islands nationals must then pay the e-visa cost in order to request an e-visa. It is recommended that you print a printed version of your approved Online Visa to bring with you when you enter India.
Once in India, travelers from the Republic of the Marshall Islands are recommended to check the maximum duration of stay permitted with an Indian e-Visa, as overstaying in the country with an India online visa can result in negative consequences.
Apply for an Indian e-Visa from the Marshall Islands
4. Indian e-Visa fees for citizens from the Marshall Islands
Indian Immigration Services makes an effort to provide high-quality service for Marshall Islands residents at a reasonable cost. The fee of an India e-Visa is determined by the type of visa and the processing time selected. The two fees that nationals of the Marshall Islands must pay are the government fee and the service fee.
Because the Marshall Islands are not on India's exemption list, you must add this government fee to your payment list.
You can pick one of three service types from the list below for the service fee:
- Normal: If you select this choice, your e-Visa will be delivered in three business days.
- Urgent: If you select this e-Visa choice, you will be granted an India e-visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: If you select this e-Visa option, you will obtain an Indian e-Visa within 5 hours.
In addition, we advise that you purchase Covid-19 Insurance. You will be protected against many risks, including the Covid pandemic, for a small fee per application when you are not in your homeland. We also want to point out that this is an additional service that you can take depending on your situation.
Payment Methods: In our system, Mali residents can pay online (via Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal) or by bank transfer (Bank of Cyprus).