Indian e-Visa requirements for Mexican citizens
India is a place of diverse cultures, incredible history, stunning landmarks, delectable foods, vibrant textiles, and thriving film industries. This magnificent country is so much more than what is depicted on television. With a rich history and cutting-edge technology, it is quickly becoming one of the world's most powerful countries.
It contains 28 states and 8 union territories, all of which have beautiful sites to visit in India. The beauty of this country will take your breath away, whether you visit Leh in the north or Munnar in the south. Enjoy shopping in New Delhi's bustling streets or a scrumptious biryani in Hyderabad. No matter where you travel in India, you will be pleasantly surprised.
India is abundant in huge cities with modern tourist attractions, little towns with peaceful views, and hill stations with stunning scenery. You cannot visit every city in this vast country, but there are several wonderful sites that will allow you to see the true India.
If you are looking for information about an Indian visa for Mexican citizens like whether an Indian visa is available for you or not, how to apply for it, how much it costs, or what documents you need to meet the requirements for Indian visa approval, this article is reserved for you.
1. Indian e-Visa for Mexican citizens
Since the exempt country list for India visas does not include Mexico, Mexican citizens will need to obtain an Indian e-Visa to enter this country.
Mexico is one of the countries where citizens can obtain an India e-Visa, which makes traveling between Mexico and India much more convenient. Travelers from Mexico who wish to visit India can apply for four types of e-Visa:
- Tourist e-Visa: you can stay in India for 30 days, cannot be extended and converted. Single-entry only.
- Business e-Visa: valid for 365 days, cannot stay continuously for 180 days. Multiple entries are available.
- Medical e-Visa: you can stay in India for 60 days with triple entry.
- Conference e-Visa: you can stay in India for 30 days with single-entry only.
2. Indian e Visa requirements for Mexican citizens:
The application process for the India e-Visa is easy and simple. An online system makes the process of applying for a passport much more efficient than visiting an Indian embassy or consulate. Normally, it takes as few as three business days to process an Indian visa application and approve it.
To apply for an Indian e-Visa from Mexico, you should prepare a number of documents and requirements:
- A valid passport with a validity of at least 6 months from the date of entry and 1 blank page for verification marking.
- A passport-sized portrait photo on a white background should be recent ones and in a PNG file, under 1MB in size.
- Proof of purpose or return ticket (if you already own it): you should provide your travel itinerary or invitation letter if you go for business or a conference to prove your aim of entering India.
After completing the necessary docs preparation, Mexico passport holders can start to apply for an Indian e-visa by filling out the online form, then following our instructions and finally receiving their approved e-visa via supplied visa within a maximum of 3 days.
3. Apply India e-Visa for Mexican citizens:
The application process for an India e-Visa is quick and uncomplicated. There is no need to visit an Indian embassy or consulate in person, thanks to the effective online procedure. The application and approval procedure might take as little as two business days.
Applicants in Mexico need to have a valid passport, a debit or credit card, and an email account on hand in order to successfully complete the online application form.
The e-Visa will be delivered to the email address you specify after it has been approved. Travelers entering India should present a printed copy of their e-Visa and keep it with them throughout their trip.
Read more: Applying for an India visa online
4. India e-Visa fees for Mexicans:
To complete an application, you need to pay 2 main kinds of India e-Visa fees: government and service fees. To be specific, the government fee is regulated by Indian authorities and cannot be adjusted. About service fees, there are 3 types of service you can choose and service fees will vary correspondingly, depending on your situation:
- Normal: standardized application service that can help you get your Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in some special cases when you do not have days to wait for a response. This type can help you get your Visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: designed for emergencies when you really need to get a Visa in hours. With this type of service, you can get your Visa in around 5 business hours.
Payment methods: you can choose to pay via an electronic transaction or wire transfer. With electronic payment, you can choose a payment unit, such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal.
Also, we recommend that you buy Covid-19 Insurance. If you are not in your country of residence, you will be protected against many risks, including the Covid pandemic. It should also be noted that this is an optional choice you can consider based on your situation.
India Visa Requirements for Mexico Citizens FAQs
Yes. Mexican citizens have to possess a visa to travel to India. Fortunately, Mexican passport holders do not need to visit an Embassy to apply for a visa for India. They can now take advantage of an electronic visa system to obtain an Indian Visa and visit India for many different purposes involving recreation, sightseeing, short-visit to their families, or business.
An Indian electronic visa is issued by the Indian Government to help travelers obtain a visa quickly and easily. Until now, more than 150 countries are eligible for this visa, including Mexico. Mexican nationals can apply for an eVisa in a matter of minutes by filling in the application form at India Immigration Services. There are 04 types of Indian electronic visas available to Mexican travelers. Each type of visa is granted for a different purpose of the applicant.
- e-Tourist visa: is granted to Mexican nationals whose sole objective for visiting India is recreation, casual visit to meet friends and relatives.
- e-Business visa: is used for participating in business activities in India.
- e-Conference visa: Mexican citizens visiting India to attend a conference/ seminar/ workshop organized by the Indian Government can apply for this type.
- e-Medical & e-Medical Attendant Visa: This type of visa is granted to Mexican nationals who wish to seek medical treatment under the Indian Medical system.
Yes. Mexican citizens can travel to India for various purposes as long as they obtain a valid Indian visa. Mexican citizens may probably be familiar with the term "Indian eVisa" because this type of visa was launched a few years ago.
Indian eVisa, has the same function as a regular visa but it can be obtained online. It authorizes a Mexican's visit to India and is electronically linked to their passport. A simple application form can be found at India Immigration Services. The entire application process is online, saving time and money for Mexican tourists. One plus point of eVisa is that it requires very few documents to complete the visa application.
Before applying for an Indian eVisa, Mexicans should check whether they possess enough required documents yet. The list of required documents at India Immigration Services is so short as the following:
- A passport that is valid for at least six months from the intended arrival date in India. There should be a minimum of 02 unused pages in the passport for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant, taken against a white backdrop with a clear face.
- An email address of the applicant
After completing the application form, providing enough required documents, and paying the visa fee, Mexican citizens can get their Indian eVisa within 05 to 72 hours. It takes the applicants only 15 minutes to complete these steps. Once the eVisa has been issued, it will be sent to the applicant’s email box. Mexican nationals should then download and print out a copy of their eVisa before traveling to India.
In the first step of application procedure, Mexican nationals need to choose the processing time of their visa application based on their need. Their choice will determine when they can receive their visa for India. They should note that it also influences the service fee they need to pay. Currently, India Immigration Services offers Mexican citizens 03 options for visa processing time:
- Standard service: With this type of service, Mexican citizens can obtain a visa for Kenya in 03 business days. Most Mexican customers opt for this service because it is the cheapest option.
- Urgent: This service guarantees the processing time of visa applications in 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: Mexican nationals can utilize rush visa service in case they need a visa immediately. Within 05 hours, their visa will be issued.
Mexico is one of the eligible countries for an Indian eVisa which was launched in 2014 by the Indian Government. Mexican citizens now can avoid the long queue at the Embassy by obtaining an Indian electronic visa. Currently, there are 04 types of eVisa available to Mexicans for different purposes.
- e-Tourist visa: is now available for 30 days, 1 year, and 05 years.
A 30-day e-tourist visa is granted for double entry into the country, allowing Mexican tourists to remain there for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
1-year and 05 years e-Tourist visas permit longer stays in India. Holders of these visas can enter India multiple times, and stay there for up to 1 year and 5 years respectively. Note that a continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days.
- e-Business visa: Mexican business travelers can enter India as many times as they wish with this type of visa. The total length of each stay cannot exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference visa: Mexican nationals can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of entry with a single entry visa.
- e-Medical & e-Medical Attendant Visa: This visa enables Mexican passport holders to stay in India for 60 days and enter this country three times.
Yes. Mexican citizens will need an eVisa if they travel to India by cruise ship. Entry by cruise ship is allowed through 5 designated seaports including Mumbai, Chennai, Cochin, Goa and Mangalore.
The Indian eVisa for Mexican passport holders can be obtained within 05 hours to 03 business days after the application is submitted. Therefore, Mexican tourists are advised to apply for an Indian visa online at least 04 days before their departure to ensure that they get their visa in time. They have to follow these steps to complete the application process:
- Step 1: Fill in the application form with necessary information involving visa details (type of visa, port of arrival, processing time) and personal data (full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, and passport number)
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee for an Indian eVisa by electronic payment methods (Debit, Credit Card, PayPal, American Express) and send us required documents.
- Step 3: Submit the application form and wait for the result.
It is important for Mexican travelers to double-check all the data supplied in the application form. Any typos or unmatched information may result in visa application delays.
We also recommend Mexican citizens purchase Indian travel insurance so that they will be more secure while traveling to India.