Indian e Visa Requirements for Mongolian Citizens
- 1. From Mongolia, what kind of visa do citizens need to travel to India?
- 2. Check Indian e-Visa requirements for Mongolian citizens
- 3. What is the procedure for Mongolian nationals to obtain an Indian visa?
- 4. Indian e-Visa fees for Mongolian citizens
Every year, a large number of foreign tourists visit India for its cultural, geographical, and historical attractions. In 2018, India received 10 million foreign visitors. Mongolia residents are also among the 160 nationalities eligible for the Indian e-Visa, which was introduced in 2017 to streamline the visa application process. The Indian online visa also eliminates the need for Mongolians to visit the Indian embassy or consulate, making travel to India easier for them.
Indian e-Visa for Mongolian citizens
1. From Mongolia, what kind of visa do citizens need to travel to India?
Indian electronic visas are available to Mongolian nationals in a variety of forms. The validity time for each category also varies:
- e-Tourist Visa: Visitors from Mongolia can stay in India for up to 30 days with the double-entry e-Tourist visa. Those wishing to remain in India for an extended period can also apply for long-term visas, including 01-year and 05 years Tourist eVisa.
- e-Business Visa: Businessmen from Mongolia can stay in India for a total of 180 days on each trip. This visa is valid for 365 days from the date of grant of ETA with multiple entries into the country.
- e-Conference Visa: The e-Conference visa can only be used to attend conferences hosted by the Indian Government. With this electronic visa type, it is possible to stay in India for up to 30 days on a single entry.
- e-Medical visas and Indian Medical Attendant e-Visa: Triple-entry e-Medical visas for India have 120-day validity and a maximum stay of 60 days. Nevertheless, Mongolian relatives accompanying a patient in India are granted the same visas with the same terms. Indian Medical Attendant e-Visas are issued with the same conditions to Mongolian relatives accompanying the patient in India. Mongolians accompanying patients in India must enter India before their e-Visa expires.
Indian Online Visas (e-Visa) issued to Mongolian citizens can be used to enter India at 29 recognized airports and 05 seaports in the country.
2. Check Indian e-Visa requirements for Mongolian citizens
To apply for an e-Visa to India, Mongolian nationals must present the following documents:
- A Mongolian passport is required.
- A working e-mail address is required.
- Credit/debit card that works.
For an Indian e-Visa, foreigners will additionally need to meet the following standards.
- The passport must be valid for at least six months after the scheduled arrival date, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for entry and exit stamps from Immigration and Border Control personnel.
- The bio page of a passport must include a clear photograph and other relevant biographical information.
- A photograph of the applicant that was taken recently.
A separate e-Visa must be applied for by children coming to India, as parents cannot include them in their visa applications.
Visitors to India are required to carry a copy of their e-Visa at all times.
Other things to keep in mind:
- When applying for an Indian e-Conference visa, Mongolians must have an Invitation letter from the conference organizer and political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India.
- To enter India, visitors from Mongolia must provide proof of sufficient finances or financial resources to cover all of their expenses.
- Additional documents, such as business cards or letters from the hospital where the treatment would take place, may be required for Mongolians seeking an e-Medical or e-Business visa to India.
Mongolians who intend to go to India by land must first get a visa from the Indian embassy or consulate in their country of residence.
Requirements of Indian e-Visa for Mongolian citizens
3. What is the procedure for Mongolian nationals to obtain an Indian visa?
The Indian e-Visa application process is completely online for Mongolian citizens.
The Mongolian applicant will be asked to provide the following personal information on the application form:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Information on the holder's passport
The following kinds of information may be requested of applicants:
- Date of arrival and departure
- The visa type, number of visas, port of arrival, and processing time for the visa application
Correct and matching passport details are required for an application to be accepted by the Government.
In Mongolia, how long does it take to get an Indian visa?
To receive an India e-Visa, citizens of Mongolia should complete the application form, which should take no more than 15 minutes. Within 05 hours to 03 business days, the application will be processed.
Mongolian passport holders can apply for an Indian eVisa at the India Immigration Services website. This new technique eliminates the need for appointments with Embassies or Consulates, long lines at the airport, and lengthy delays. As a result, it is widely regarded as the fastest visa to enter India.
Apply for an Indian e-Visa from Mongolia
4. Indian e-Visa fees for Mongolian citizens
Citizens of Mongolia must pay two types of Indian e-Visa fees to apply for an Indian visa online: a service cost and a government fee.
Paying a small amount for COVID-19 insurance increases your chances of being approved and, more importantly, ensures that you don't lose your benefits when you travel abroad.
The total bill includes a government fee because Mongolia does not fall under India's exemption list. There are three service charge choices to choose from, depending on the processing time you prefer:
- Normal: You will receive your e-Visa in 03 business days if you choose this option.
- Urgent: If you select this option, you will obtain your e-Visa in as little as 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: Obtaining your e-Visa in 05 business hours is possible thanks to this type's high priority.
Method of payment: Either a wire transfer(the bank of Cyprus transfer) or electronic transfer (Visa/MasterCard/American Express) is accepted to pay the visa fees.