Indian e-Visa requirements for Norwegian citizens
Nowadays, travelers planning to visit India no longer need to queue at the Indian embassy to obtain a visa, thanks to the e-Visa system established in India on November 27, 2014. The Indian e-Visa is currently available for 169 countries, and Norway is one of those countries so in general, Norwegian citizens are available for this kind of Visa. As an expert travel advisor, we'll explain how to apply for an India visa from Norway and meet all Indian e-Visa requirements for Norwegian citizens in this article without having to spend a lot of money or time.
1. Types of Indian e-Visa for Norwegian citizens
As mentioned above, Norway is not on India's exemption list, but people from the salmon’s place of origin are able to apply for India e-Visa.
To be specific, there are 4 types of e-Visa you need to know before applying:
- Indian e-Tourist Visa: used in cases when you want to enter India for tourism or visit purposes. This type can help you stay in India for up to 30 days with one entrance time only.
- Indian e-Business Visa: used when you want to make a business trip to India for trading or related purposes, but NOT for employment purposes. With this type of Visa, you can stay in India for up to 365 days and can go in and out several times, with each period of stay not over 180 days.
- Indian e-Conference Visa: in case you need to take part in any conference organized by a ministry of the Indian government hosted in India. With this type, you have up to 30 days to stay and one entry time to complete your purposes.
- Indian e-Medical Visa: if you need medical treatment service inside India, this type is the most suitable for you because the period of stay is up to 60 days and triple-entry in advance.
2. Indian visa requirements for Norwegian citizens
To enter India lawfully, all Norwegian citizens need to provide the following documents:
- Your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months and has 1 blank page for verification marking. You also need to provide a scanned copy of your passport biographical page as well as your portrait photograph with a clear background and face.
- Travel itinerary: you will need to show your travel plan to get approved. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you shall not confirm your tour booking as well as flight ticket before your visa is issued.
- Available email to receive your result.
- Other documents: if you are going to travel for business purposes, you will need to provide your invitation letter, business card, or any related documents. In addition, if you care about your benefit and want to increase your approval chance, consider using COVID-19 insurance.
3. Apply for an Indian e-Visa from Norway
If a Norwegian national is eligible, they can easily apply for an Indian e-Visa if they have a reliable internet connection, a debit/credit card, and a valid passport. If a visitor from Norway is unable to complete their online application form, they can save it and return it later.
It is strongly encouraged to check your email on a regular basis for any updates or advice to adjust specifications on the application form. Emails requesting a new upload will arrive around 24 hours after the application is submitted.
If your India e-Visa application is granted, you will receive your travel permission by email. You must print a copy of your India e-Visa and bring it with you while entering the country.
4. Indian e-Visa fee for Norwegian citizens and payment method:
After completing your application form and documents, you will need to pay for 2 kinds of India e-Visa fees: compulsory government and adjustable service fee.
For the service fee, you can choose 1 from 3 offers below to consider your needs and budget:
- Normal: this service type is made to solve your e-Visa concern if you have enough time to wait for a response as well as save you remarkable funds.
- Urgent: this service type is made for people who do not have much time for waiting. With this service, the waiting time is within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: this service type is the most rapid service when you just need to wait for around 5 business hours to receive your e-Visa.
Payment method: you can choose either electronic payment or wire transfer to pay your fee. If you choose electronic payment, consider using the following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.