How to apply for an India e-Visa from Papua New Guinea
To promote tourism to the nation, the Indian government established a straightforward online entrance visa registration mechanism. The electronic Visa for India (e-Visa) was initially available to nationals of 43 nations. In order to secure a visa for India, applicants no longer need to attend embassy offices or spend hours in line at border controls.
The program was updated in April 2017 and is now not just for tourist visas. The new system has sections for tourists from Papua New Guinea seeking medical care as well as nationals who need a business visa for India. Additionally, it vastly increased the number of nations that qualified.
Citizens of more than 160 countries can now apply for an e-Visa online. E-visas can be printed and mailed to applicants when they submit an online application and pay for their visas.
Indian e-Visa for citizens of Papua New Guinea
Do Citizens of Papua New Guinea Need a Visa for India?
Nationals of Papua New Guinea must also obtain an India visa in a manner similar to those of nationals of other nations. All visitors are required to have a valid passport and a visa.
Types of Indian e-Visa for Papua New Guinea
- India e-Tourist Visa: With this type of e-Visa, you can go to India for tourism, sightseeing, or to see family. There are three different types of tourist e-Visas that depend on how long the trip is. With a 30-day tourist visa, you can stay in the country for 30 days from the date you arrive. Also, this kind of e-visa can't be changed or made longer. You can get a tourist visa for 1 year or 5 years if you want to stay longer.
- The 1-year e-Tourist visa is good for one year from the date it was issued, and you can enter and leave the country as many times as you want during that time.
- The 5-year e-Tourist visa is good for five years from the date it was issued. You can come into the country as many times as you want, but you can only stay for 90 days at a time.
- India e-Business Visa: This type has several entrance times and is valid in India for up to 365 days from the date of issuance, but each stay is limited to 180 days.
- India e-Conference Visa: You can travel to India on this kind of visa to attend government conferences. The duration of stay is up to 30 days from the day of arrival, and this single entry e-Visa is valid for 04 months after the date it was issued.
- India e-Medical Visa & India e-Medical Attendant Visa: With this kind of e-Visa, you are able to visit India for medical care or to be a patient's companion. From the date of your initial arrival, you are permitted to stay in India for a maximum of 60 days under this category.
India e-Visa Requirements for Citizens of Papua New Guinea
Obtaining a visa for India from Papua New Guinea is a simple process. Once evidence of identity has been supplied, an e-visa is likely to be issued by Indian immigration authorities.
The following papers are necessary to apply for an India e-Visa:
- Applicants are required to provide a passport-sized photo of themselves, taken on white and exhibiting a clear head.
- A current passport with a minimum six-month expiration date. The passport should be scanned, making sure that all of the necessary details are visible.
- Credit or debit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
Remember that you might submit additional documents if you select a type of Indian e-Visa other than the tourist one:
- A letter of invitation from the host and a passport or ID card for the host (for a Business visa).
- A medical letter from an Indian hospital. Attendees must have an e-Visa number from an e-Medical holder in order to apply (for a Medical visa).
- An invitation letter from the conference organizer and political clearance from the Government of India's Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) (For e-conference visa).
Indian e-Visa requirements for citizens of Papua New Guinea
Apply for an Indian e-Visa From Papua New Guinea
Applying for a visa online is the initial step in receiving authorization to enter another nation. A few easy steps make up the application: entering personal information, verifying it all, uploading important papers, scanning documents, paying processing and visa fees, and pressing the submit button. Swift and simple.
The most important thing to remember is that this is a legal document required by a foreign authority. False information or omissions can result in expulsion from the country, among other serious repercussions. Additionally, keep in mind that each traveler needs to have a valid e-Visa.
Indian e-Visa fee for citizens of Papua New Guinea
You must pay two (2) types of India e-Visa fees in order to apply for a visa online: the service fee and the government fee. The government fee is necessary because Papua New Guinea is not on India's list of exempt fee countries. Depending on the visa service you select, a service fee is assessed.
Choose one of the following three services from the list below to pay the service charge:
- Normal: Your e-Visa will be provided in three business days if you choose this option.
- Urgent: If you use this service, you can expect to receive an India e-visa in less than 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: You can get an Indian e-Visa for this kind of service in as little as 5 hours.
If you want to preserve your benefits when traveling abroad, you can also pay a little premium for COVID-19 insurance.
There are two ways to pay your bills: electronically transfer (using a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal), or via direct transfer (the Bank of Cyprus transaction).