Indian e-Visa requirements for Russian citizens
India is a country in Southern Asia which is unique in many ways. In there, you can experience Hinduism culture with Indian featured traditions you cannot see anywhere in the world.
Moreover, Indian original cuisine is inspired by religion the most, so if you are a food lover and love exploring cuisines from over the world, India is a reliable place to do that.
According to government research, more than 260,000 Russians visited India in 2018, and within that year, India got 10,56 million travelers in general.
Knowing the demand of international visitors from previous years, in 2014, the Indian government launched the e-Visa system as a solution to solve the discomfort when travelers need to get Visa for a short trip.
1. India e-Visa for Russian citizens:
Depending on their purpose of travel, Russian citizens may apply for one of these types of Indian e-Visa released by the Indian government:
- e-Tourist Visa: used when you plan to have a trip to India for tourism purposes. You can stay in India for up to 30 days from the day of your arrival to India with single-entry only and cannot be extended or converted to other types.
- e-Business Visa: used for business and trading purposes, with a validity of 365 days from the granting date with multiple entries available, and each period of stay cannot exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: used when you have a conference organized by any ministry of the government. The validity time of this type is 30 days from the date of your entry with one entrance only.
- e-Medical Visa: used for medical purposes, including Yoga physical therapy. With this type, you are allowed to enter India 3 times and your total staying time is 60 days.
After choosing which Visa type is suitable for you, proceed to the next step and get your paper document ready.
2. Indian Visa requirements for Russian citizens:
Before submitting their application to be processed, citizens from Russia have ample time to review their applications and check their entries to ensure all the required data was included.
The visa application process begins once travelers from Russia determine where they will enter India, how long they will stay, and where they will stay.
To submit an electronic form, applicants will need to present certain documents and fulfill certain requirements:
- Your passport which is valid for at least six months with the scanned biographical page of ít and a portrait photo with clear background and face.
- Your travel documents, including proof of accommodation, return ticket, invitation letter, business card, etc. depending on your case.
- A valid email address to receive your e-Visa result.
You may be required to present extra evidence to support the information you have provided in some instances. A copy of the first page of your passport with your biographical information is an example of additional information necessary.
You may also be needed to give information on all countries you have visited in the last ten years, as well as information about your educational history and whether you have any visible identity markings.
Once you complete the above documents, you can begin applying for the Indian e-Visa.
Indian e-Visas are valid for one year from the date of approval, and Russian passport holders should print it out and bring it with them when visiting India.
3. Indian e-Visa fees for Russian citizens
To complete the process, you will need to pay the Indian e-Visa total fee, including government and service fee.
For a government fee, as a Russian citizen trying to apply for an Indian e-Visa, you will need to pay that compulsory fee since Russia is not in the India exemption list.
For a service fee, there are 3 types of service you can choose from us:
- Normal: standardized type of e-Visa application service that can help you get an approval within 3 business days.
- Urgent: higher type of service that can help you get your result within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: the highest service that can help you get your e-Visa just within around 5 business hours.
In addition, you can add a small fee for extra travel utilities, such as COVID-19 insurance for an assured trip.
Last but not least, it is recommended that travelers familiarize themselves with the recommended vaccines and requirements before traveling to India.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor