Indian e-Visa requirements for Singaporean citizens
India is one of a select few nations that can make an effect on tourists that lasts a lifetime. You must meet the Indian Visa requirements for Singaporean citizens to enter India, which are so many unique aspects about this country that people talk about it continuously. India is also a vegetarian paradise with hundreds of various dishes made with vegetables thanks to the country's large Hindu population.
Singapore is a country with a diverse religious system, and in Singaporean society, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Muslim people are 3 of the 4 biggest religions in Singapore. In addition, there is a society in Singapore that has an origin in India. With these factors, it can be observed that travel demand from Singapore to India is huge, not only for business but also for religion. Moreover, the distance between Singapore and India is 3,440 km (2,138 miles), making India the preferred vacation destination for Singaporean citizens.
If you are a citizen of Singapore and want to travel to India, we, who are expert travel advisers, would be delighted to assist you in obtaining an Indian e-Visa that is appropriate for Singapore easily and conveniently.
1. Types of India Visa for Singaporeans:
As a Singaporean, you are free to choose which type of e-Visa is suitable for you in the following list:
- e-Tourist Visa: suitable for traveling to India where you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with single entry only. This type of Visa is non-extendable and non-convertible.
- e-Business Visa: used for business and trading purposes but not legal for employment. You can stay in India for a total of 365 days from the granting date with multiple entries in advance. For each period of stay.
- e-Conference Visa: is used when you want to join a conference, meeting, workshop, exhibition, or any other related kind of meeting. This type of Visa gives you an allowance to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival and single entry only.
- e-Medical Visa: used for medical treatment purposes, including Yoga and physical therapy classes, valid for 60 days from the date of your first arrival, and in that period, you have an allowance to enter 2 more times when in and out.
2. Which documents are required for Singaporeans to obtain an Indian Visa?
There are certain documents that Singaporean citizens are required to submit when applying for an Indian visa. Here is what Singapore citizens must submit with their application:
- A passport is valid for at least six months. You also need to provide a colored copy of the biographical pages of your passport.
- A passport-sized photo on a white background and a clear face.
- Travel itinerary, return ticket, proof of accommodation, invitation letter, and other related papers: depending on your case, you will provide some of these documents for verification.
After providing your documents to meet Indian e-Visa requirements for Singaporean citizens, proceed to the next step: Apply for an Indian e-Visa application form as a Singapore passport holder.
3. How can a Singaporean passport holder apply for an India e-Visa online?
Singaporean passport holders must give the following information on the India e-Visa application form:
- Personal details: Name as it appears on your passport, date, and place of birth, contact information (address, email, and phone number), passport information, marital status, and religion are all required.
- Professional details: Current job.
- Educational details: Your current educational credentials.
- Travel details: Details about your travels in the last ten years, as well as where you will stay in India.
For applicants from Singapore, and India e-Visa has made the entire Indian visa application process online simple. You can fill out the application, make the payment with a debit or credit card, and then wait for your approval to come through email. Fill out the application, pay with a debit or credit card, and then wait for your e-Visa through email.
4. How much does an Indian e-Visa cost for Singaporeans?
In general, the total cost of an e-Visa is much cheaper than the casual type and also takes you less waiting time. To be specific, you will pay for 2 main kinds of India visa fees: government and service fees.
For government fees, since Singapore is not on the India exemption list, this kind of fee is compulsive.
For the service fee, you can choose 1 of 3 available types below:
- Normal: standardized service that can help you get your e-Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: the advanced service that can help you get your e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: the highest type of service that can help you get your e-Visa within around 5 business hours.
Payment method: after choosing a suitable type of service, you will pay the charging fee to complete the whole process and that covers 2 kinds of costs: government and service. Our service accepts both electronic and wire transfers. With electronic payment, you can choose one way from the following options: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
In addition, you can pay a minimal charge for COVID-19 insurance to improve your chances of approval and save your benefit.
India Visa Requirements for Singapore Citizens FAQs
Yes, citizens of Singapore can travel to India. If you have a Singaporean passport and are traveling to India, you must ensure you have the proper documentation. This includes holding a valid Indian visa, which is required for entry into India.
The Indian government established an e-Visa in 2014, which is currently available in 166 countries. Singapore is one of these countries.
Because the Indian e-Visa application is entirely online, visa processing has become less time-consuming and more accessible. There is no need to visit the Indian embassy in Singapore because the application, visa cost, and document submission are all completed online.
Depending on the purpose of your trip, you can obtain an Indian tourist visa for Singaporean nationals, a business visa, or a medical visa.
The processing time for an India visa for Singaporean nationals is up to two business days. Please apply at least two business days prior to the day you require your visa.
It's also worth noting that Singaporean nationals can only apply for an e-Visa twice per calendar year.
The information supplied on this page for the Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) is sufficient for Singapore nationals; nevertheless, the extra information and advice will be useful to prevent the humiliation of being rejected or refused admission into India. Indian Business Visa and Business Visitor coming on Indian Business Visa provide useful information to assist you plan a successful business trip to India.
- Try not to Overstay: You should be aware that you must follow the rules of the country and avoid overstaying. In India, there is a punishment of $300 for staying more than 90 days. The Indian government can also make a legal action to enforce a penalty. By overstaying in India, you may also harm your reputation for future travel and make it difficult to secure visas for other countries.
- Take a printout of the Indian visa that was emailed to you: While it is not required for Singapore citizens to have a paper copy of the eVisa (India Visa Online), it is more secure to do so because your mobile phone with the email confirmation may be damaged or the battery may be depleted, and you will be unable to provide proof of having obtained an electronic Indian Visa (eVisa India). A paper printout serves as additional proof.
- Make sure your travel document contains two blank pages: The Government of India never approaches Singapore citizens for the visa stamp on your actual passport and only demands a scan copy of the passport's biodata page during the eVisa India (Indian Visa Online) application procedure, thus we don't know how many clear pages are in your passport. You must have two empty or blank pages so that Indian Immigration Department officers can add a section stamp and a leave stamp to your identity at the airport.
- Legitimacy for a half-year visa: Your identifying travel document, which is usually a passport, must be valid for a half year on the date you apply for an Indian visa.
To begin, you should be aware that it is unlawful to overstay your visa in India, regardless of the cause. Foreign citizens' travel permission and visa requirements in India determine the length of time they are permitted to remain in the country.
The length of stay in India is determined by the India tourist visa:
- The Indian Tourist Visa is valid for 30 or 90 days stay.
- The Indian Business visa is valid for a total of 180 days on each visit.
- The Indian Medical Visa is valid for a total of 6 months.
If you overstay your visa, it will be canceled, and you will be labeled an illegal immigrant.
India is a famous tourist destination for many reasons. Here are some of the most popular:
- Rich history and culture: India has a long and illustrious history and culture that extends back thousands of years. There are several historical attractions to see, including the Taj Mahal, Red Fort, and Golden Temple.
- Diverse geography: From the snow-capped Himalayas to the sunny beaches of Goa, India is a diversified country with a range of landscapes. There are several sites to visit, ranging from bustling metropolises to isolated villages.
- Spectacular wildlife: India is home to a diverse range of animals, including tigers, elephants, monkeys, and snakes. There are several national parks and wildlife refuges where you may witness these creatures in their native habitat.
- Affordable prices: India is a reasonably inexpensive nation to visit. You can get decent lodging, food, and activities without paying a fortune.
- Friendly people: Indians are famed for their friendliness and hospitality. Wherever you travel in India, you will be greeted with open arms..
These are only a handful of the factors that contribute to India's popularity as a tourist destination. If you want to visit a nation with a rich history, unique culture, beautiful environment, and kind people, India is the place to go.
Yes, India is a fantastic tourist destination that provides a variety and interesting experiences for visitors. India is famed for its colorful culture, diversified landscapes, historic monuments, gorgeous architecture, spiritual destinations, and delectable food. Here are some of the reasons why India is such a popular and intriguing tourist destination:
- Cultural Heritage: Several UNESCO World Heritage Sites may be found in India, including the Taj Mahal, Qutub Minar, Red Fort, and many others. Visitors may tour historic temples, forts, palaces, and archaeological sites that date back thousands of years.
- Spiritual and Religious Sites: India is a religious melting pot with various sacred locations such as Varanasi, Haridwar, Rishikesh, the Golden Temple, Bodh Gaya, and others. Millions of pilgrims and spiritual seekers from all over the world visit these sites.
- Wildlife and Nature: India has a wide range of landscapes, from the towering Himalayas in the north to the tranquil backwaters of Kerala in the south. Wildlife enthusiasts may visit national parks and tiger reserves to see endangered animals such as Bengal tigers, elephants, and rhinoceroses.
- Festivals and Celebrations: India's colorful festivals, such as Diwali, Holi, Navratri, and Durga Puja, showcase its rich cultural diversity and are a sight to behold.
- Cuisine: The tastes, spices, and regional peculiarities of Indian food are well-known. cuisine aficionados will discover a vast variety of culinary delicacies to taste, ranging from exquisite curries to delectable street cuisine.
- Hospitality: Indians are known for their warmth and hospitality, making tourists feel welcome and at home during their stay.
- Yoga and Wellness: Yoga and health retreats are quite popular in India. Many visitors come to India to learn and practice yoga and meditation in peaceful and spiritual environments.
While India provides a fantastic travel experience, tourists must be mindful of cultural differences, obey local customs and traditions, and take required health and safety measures. Before arranging a trip to India, like with any foreign journey, consult the most recent travel advisories and rules.
There are several options for getting to India from Singapore. Here are some of the most common alternatives:
- Air: Airlines such as Singapore Airlines, Air India, and Jet Airways operate several direct flights from Singapore to India. The flight lasts around 6 hours.
- Rail: The Indian Railways operates direct rail service between Singapore and India. The rail travel takes around four days.
- Bus: Several bus routes run between Singapore and India. The bus trip takes about 5 days.
- Road: You may also drive from Singapore to India, however, this is not the most popular choice due to the lengthy and exhausting route.
Your price, time limits, and personal choices will all influence the best method to go to India from Singapore. Flying is the fastest option if you need to get somewhere quickly. If you're on a tight budget, traveling the bus or train can be a better alternative. Driving may be the ideal alternative for you if you want to enjoy the adventure.
Here are some additional things to consider when planning your trip to India from Singapore:
- India e-Visa: You will need to apply for an Indian visa before you travel to India. You can apply for a visa online through the Indian Immigration Services website.
- Currency: The Indian rupee is the country's currency. Singapore dollars may be exchanged into Indian rupees at a bank or a currency exchange agency.
- Time difference: India is 3.5 hours ahead of Singapore. So, if it is 12:00 noon in Singapore, it will be 3:30 PM in India.
- Weather: The weather in India varies according to place and season. Be prepared for hot and humid weather if you want to visit India during the summer. Be prepared for colder weather if you want to visit India during the winter.