Indian e-Visa requirements for Singaporean citizens
Only a few countries in the world can leave a lasting impression on visitors, and India is one of them. This country has so many unique things that make people constantly talk about. Besides, the Hindu population of the country makes India a haven for vegetarians, with hundreds of different vegetable-based dishes.
Singapore is a country with a diverse religious system, and in Singaporean society, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Muslim people are 3 of the 4 biggest religions in Singapore. In addition, there is a society in Singapore that has an origin in India. With these factors, it can be observed that travel demand from Singapore to India is huge, not only for business but also for religion. Moreover, the distance between Singapore and India is 3,440 km (2,138 miles), making India the preferred vacation destination for Singapore citizens.
If you are a citizen from Singapore and want to explore India, we-an experienced travel consultants - who would love to help you in getting a suitable Visa effortlessly.
1. Types of India Visa for Singapore citizens:
As a Singaporean, you are free to choose which type of e-Visa is suitable for you in the following list:
- e-Tourist Visa: suitable for traveling to India that you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with single-entry only. This type of Visa is non-extendable and non-convertible.
- e-Business Visa: used for business and trading purposes but not legal for employment. You can stay in India for a total of 365 days from the granting date with multiple entries in advance. For each period of stay.
- e-Conference Visa: is used when you want to join a conference, meeting, workshop, exhibition, or any other related kind of meeting. This type of Visa gives you an allowance to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival and single-entry only.
- e-Medical Visa: used for medical treatment purposes, including Yoga physical therapy classes, valid for 60 days from the date of your first arrival, and in that period, you have an allowance to enter 2 more times when in and out.
2. India visa requirements for Singapore citizens
There are certain documents that Singaporean citizens are required to submit when applying for an Indian visa. Here is what Singapore citizens must submit with their application:
- A passport is valid for at least six months. You also need to provide a colored copy of the biographical pages of your passport.
- A passport-sized photo on a white background and a clear face.
- Travel itinerary, return ticket, proof of accommodation, invitation letter, and other related papers: depending on your case, you will provide some of these documents for verification.
After providing your documents, proceed to the next step: Apply for an Indian e-Visa application form as a Singapore passport holder.
3. Apply for an Indian e-Visa from Singapore
Singaporean passport holders must give the following information on the India e-Visa application form:
- Personal details: Name as it appears on your passport, date, and place of birth, contact information (address, email, and phone number), passport information, marital status, and religion are all required.
- Professional details: Current job.
- Educational details: Your current educational credentials.
- Travel details: Details about your travels in the last ten years, as well as where you will stay in India.
For applicants from Singapore, India e-Visa has made the entire Indian visa application process online simple. You can fill out the application, make the payment with a debit or credit card, and then wait for your approval to come through email. Fill out the application, pay with a debit or credit card, and then wait for your e-Visa through email.
4. India e-Visa for Singapore citizens
In general, the total cost of an e-Visa is much cheaper than the casual type and also takes you less waiting time. To be specific, you will pay for 2 main kinds of India visa fees: government and service fees.
For government fees, since Singapore is not on the India exemption list, this kind of fee is compulsive.
For the service fee, you can choose 1 of 3 available types below:
- Normal: standardized service that can help you get your e-Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: the advanced service that can help you get your e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: the highest type of service that can help you get your e-Visa within around 5 business hours.
Payment method: after choosing a suitable type of service, you will pay the charging fee to complete the whole process and that covers 2 kinds of costs: government and service. Our service accepts both electronic and wire transfers. With electronic payment, you can choose one way from the following options: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
In addition, you can pay a minimal charge for COVID-19 insurance to improve your chances of approval and save your benefit.