Indian e-Visa requirements for South Korean citizens
Residents of the Republic of Korea who wish to visit India for tourism and do not intend to stay for more than 30 days can apply online for an e-Tourist visa. Korean citizens must apply for a tourist visa to India at least 03 days before departure.
If the objective of the visit is for business, Korean citizens must apply for an India business visa. Similarly, for Korean nationals, a medical visit to India for an operation or other form of medical procedure necessitates an Indian medical visa.
The Indian Government and immigration authorities must understand why citizens from other countries want to enter India. Naturally, tourists, business visitors, and individuals seeking medical assistance are always welcome, but it is critical to keep track of who enters the country and for what purpose. This information is important not just for keeping the Indian populace safe, but also for planning future infrastructure developments and economic well-being.
Types of Indian e-Visa for Korean citizens
- Indian e-Tourist Visa: You can stay in India for up to 30 days after entering the country. This is a double-entry visa and is valid for 1 month from the issued date.
Indian e-Tourist visas 01 year and 05 years allow Korean nationals to stay in the country longer, 01 year and 05 years respectively, with each stay shall not exceed 90 days.
- Indian e-Business Visa: This visa is valid for 365 days from the date of issuance. You are also permitted to enter and exit India many times, with each stay not exceeding 180 days.
- Indian e-Conference Visa: With single-entry authorization, you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the day of your arrival.
- Indian e-Medical Visa: This type is valid for 04 months from the date of issuance with triple-entry. Koreans using this visa can remain in the country for up to 60 days from the arrival date.
Indian Visa Requirements For Korean citizen
All that is necessary is a scanned copy of the biographical page of the applicant's passport in PDF format, as well as a passport-sized photograph in JPEG format, clearly exhibiting the complete face and with a white backdrop.
Furthermore, eligibility conditions for an Indian e-Visa include:
- Valid passport for at least six months from the first entry date in Kenya, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for the verification.
- An email address of the applicant to receive the visa
- A valid Debit/Credit Card, PayPal, or American Express to pay the visa fee
Depending on the type of e-Visa, the Korean applicant needs to provide some additional documents:
- e-Conference visa: An invitation letter from the organizer and Political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India
- e-Business visa: An Invitation letter from the host and an ID card/Passport of the host
- e-Medical & Medical Attendant visa: A letter from the Indian hospital or medical center where the applicant will be treated. Attendants need to have an eVisa number from the patient to apply.
Diplomatic and official passport holders are likewise ineligible for e-Visa. This visa is not extendable or convertible.
You can also pay a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to ensure that you keep your benefits when traveling abroad.
Indian e-Visa Application Form for Korean Citizens
To make it easier to obtain an India visa from South Korea, India Immigration Services has created a web-based visa application form. Foreigners traveling to India for leisure, business, or medical treatment on a short-term basis can now apply for a visa online using this simple application form. Before boarding a flight departing from Korea, passengers must have a valid passport and an e-visa or approval letter acquired via email.
- The application form must be completely filled out. You need to provide some necessary information including visa details, full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, and the date of arrival/departure in India.
- Before entering the payment step, you should double-check all the data in the application form. Any errors or unmatched information may result in delays or even the cancellation of your application.
- The place of birth must be identical to that on the passport.
- Once you receive your visa via email, remember to download and print out a copy of it. You may be asked to present a valid visa along with your passport to the Immigration Officer upon arrival.
Read more: How to apply for an Indian e-Visa
Indian e-Visa fee for Korean Citizens
To apply for an India visa online for South Korean citizens, you must pay two types of Indian e-Visa Fees: the Service Fee and the Government Fee.
Because the Republic of Korea is not on India's exemption list, you must include this cost in your Government fee.
You have 03 alternatives for the service cost, depending on the processing time you require:
- Normal: If you choose this type of visa, you will receive your e-Visa result within 03 business days.
- Urgent: a higher level of service that can assist you in receiving your e-Visa within 24 hours
- Super Urgent: This is the highest priority kind, which can help you obtain an e-Visa in as little as 05 hours.
Payment method: You have two options for paying your bill: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal) or wire transfer (transaction via the Bank of Cyprus).
As you can see, obtaining an India visa for residents of the Republic of Korea has never been simpler. You do not need to visit an Indian Embassy in the Republic of Korea, you can apply for a Visa from the comfort of your own home at any time of day or night. Plan your trip with us today!