Indian e-Visa requirements for Swedish citizens
In 2014, the Indian government implemented an e-Visa system, allowing travelers from 156 countries to easily apply for an Indian e-Visa, including Swedish.
In general, the entire application process is done online, which saves time and effort for applicants. In this article, we-as an experienced travel consultant- will show you how to get e-Visa in the most feasible way.
1. Indian e-Visa for Swedish citizens:
As an official announcement from the Indian government, Sweden is not in the visa exemption list, but is in the eligibility group for an e-visa. That means, the Swedish can easily get approval to enter India via an online method.
In general, there are 4 most convenient types of e-Visa you can choose which mostly cover all of international visitors demands:
- e-Tourist Visa: used when you want to enter India for tourism, relaxation or relative visit. You can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival to India with single-entry only and cannot be extended or converted.
- e-Business Visa: used when you plan to get a business or trading activities inside India, but you need to take note that this type is not legal for employment purposes. The duration time is 365 days from the granting date with multiple-entry in advance, and each period of stay shall not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: used when you need to take part in conferences organized by any ministry of the Indian government hosted in India. This e-Visa type has 30 days of validity from the date of your arrival with single-entry only.
- e-Medical Visa: used in case you need to enter India for medical treatment, including Yoga physical therapy. This e-Visa type allows you to stay in India for a maximum of 60 days and you are able to enter India a total of 3 times.
2. Indian visa requirements for Swedish citizens
Most of foreign visitors to India must obtain an Indian visa before entering India, including Swedish citizens. Therefore, as a Swedish trying to enter India for the right purpose, you need to apply for an Indian e-Visa from Sweden.
To apply for India e-Visa from Sweden, you should provide the following requirements, including:
- A valid email address to receive your e-Visa result.
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry and your passport-sized photograph with a clear face and background.
- Travel itinerary: your detailed plan for your trip to India. It is highly recommended that you shall not confirm your tour bookings and flight ticket before your e-Visa is issued.
- Invitation letter (for e-Business Visa).
To avoid travel delays or visa denials, travelers must ensure that the information they provide matches the information shown on your passports.
3. Indian e-Visa fee and payment method:
To complete the application process, you need to pay for 2 kinds of India visa fees: the compulsory government fee and adjustable service fee.
For the service fee, there are 3 service types you should take a look and choose 1 from the list:
- Normal type: used when you have enough time to wait for a response. With this type of service, you will get your e-Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent type: used when you are in a hurry and need to get approval in a day. With this type you can get your e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent type: known as rush Visa service. As the name showed, this type of service is used when you really need approval to enter India. With this type of e-Visa, you will receive your result within around 5 business hours.
Payment method: you can choose either electronic payment or wire transfer. If you want to pay by electronic transaction, consider using these following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal for both transaction time and safety.
When you receive your e-visa via email, you should print it and bring a copy with you to the airport. Upon arrival in India, the e-visa must be shown to Indian Immigration and Border Control personnel. The Indian officials will check your information, scan your fingerprints, and take a photograph of you. They will next stamp your passport with an entry sticker, legally approving your entry into the nation.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor