India e-Visa requirements for Tanzanian citizens
India's historical landmarks and rich culture have made it one of the most popular destinations for international travelers, including Tanzanians.
Indian officials implemented the country's electronic travel authorization system in 2014, known as e-visa, which streamlines the process of obtaining a visa for more than 150 nationalities and prevents long and inconvenient waits at embassies when applying for an approval to enter the country.
In this article, we will show you how to get an Indian e-visa feasibly with our experience in travel consulting activities.
1. Types of Indian e-Visa for Tanzanians
In general, there are 4 common types of Indian e-visa for the majority of nationwide travelers to India to obtain. The list below shows you those 4 types and details:
- e-Tourist visa: can be used when you aim to enter India for tourism purposes. With this type of e-visa, you are able to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival. This type cannot be extended or converted.
- e-Business visa: can be used when you want to do a business in India, but not for employment purposes. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in India for up to 365 days from the date of granting, with multiple entrances available and for each period of stay shall not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference visa: used when you have a conference from the government in India. By using this type, you will have an allowance to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your entry with one time entrance only.
- e-Medical visa: used when you need to use Indian medical treatment. When using this type, you can stay in India for up to 60 days from the date of your first arrival with 3 entry times in total.
2. Indian visa requirements for Tanzanian citizens
The Indian e Visa requirements for Tanzanian nationals must meet to begin a visa application for India, including obtaining all relevant information and documentation concerning Tanzanian applicants.
Tanzanian citizens will be needed to supply the following information when applying for an e-visa to India :
- A legal passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of your arrival and a scanned copy of your passport biographical information alongside 1 portrait photograph with a clear face and background.
- A frequently used email address to receive your e-visa result.
- Travel itinerary: your detailed plan in India will be asked when you apply for e-visa. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you shall not confirm your tour or flight bookings before your e-visa is issued.
- Additional documents: these documents are required in specific cases. If you want to go to India. Take e-Business visa as an example. If you want to travel to India, when you submit your documents, you will be required to show related papers, such as an invitation letter and/or business card.
3. Indian e-Visa fees for Tanzanians and payment method:
After completing your paper preparation, you will pay the total India visa fee to complete the application process. For more information, there are 2 main kinds of fees you should know: government fee and service fee.
About government fee, since Tanzania is not in India’s exemption list, so it is compulsory for any Tanzanian about to travel to India.
For service fee, there are 3 options for you to choose, depending on your demand:
- Normal: used when you have enough time to prepare e-visa requirements and wait for a response. With this service type, you will receive your e-visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you want to get your approval as soon as possible. With this type, you will get your result within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used when you need to get your e-visa in hours. By using this type, you will get your e-visa within around 5 business hours.
In addition, you can add a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to increase your chance of getting approved as well as keep your benefits when you are traveling overseas.
Payment method: after choosing your suitable type of service, you will know the total cost of your e-visa, then you will proceed to charge that cost to complete your application process.
You can choose between electronic payment and wire transfer to pay the money. If you choose electronic payment, consider using these following units: Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor