Indian visa requirements for Ugandan citizens
Ugandan travelers can now obtain a visa to India faster than ever before. Previously, you would have had to travel to the Indian Embassy, but now you can process your travel documents from the comfort of your own home. All you need is an internet-connected computer or smartphone. Although more than 150 nationalities can now apply online, you must still ensure that you are eligible for the Indian e-Visa.
India e-Visa for Ugandan citizens
Under the electronic India Visa or e-Visa India regulations, Ugandan citizens can visit India for Tourist purposes, Business Visits, Conferences, or Medical Visits (both as a Patient or as a medical attendants to the Patient).
There are four types of India e-Visas available for Ugandan citizens:
- e-Tourist Visa: This type can be used if you want to visit India for tourism. You can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with this type of e-visa. This type cannot be extended or converted in any way.
If you want to stay longer in India to visit attractions in the country and immerse in the diverse culture, visit relatives and friends, or attend short-term yoga programs as well as local language courses, you can apply for a long-term e-tourist visa including India Tourist Visa for 1 Year and 5 years. These types of visas allow multiple entries to India and the staying time for each continuous trip is no longer than 90 days.
- e-Business Visa: This type can be used to conduct business in India but not for employment purposes. This type of e-visa allows you to enter within 365 days of the date of issuance, with multiple entries and a stay period of no more than 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: When the Government of India holds a conference, this type is used. By using this type, you will be able to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your entry with a one-time entry only.
- e-Medical visa & Medical Attendant: When you need to use Indian medical treatment or accompany patients who are receiving treatment in India. With this type, you can stay in India for up to 60 days from the date of your first arrival, with a total of three entry times.
India visa requirements for Ugandan citizens
The following documents are required for Ugandan citizens to obtain an India e-Visa:
- An Uganda passport valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival, as well as a scanned copy of your passport biographical information and 01 photographs with a clear face and background.
- A commonly used email address for receiving your e-visa results.
- Documents that are not required in all cases: these are documents that are required in some cases. If you want to visit India, you can do so. As an example, consider the e-Business visa. If you want to travel to India for business, you will be required to show relevant documents, such as an invitation letter or business card.
- Medical letter from an Indian hospital. Attendants must have an eVisa number from e-Medical holders to apply (for a Medical visa).
- An Invitation letter from the conference organizer and political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (For e-conference visa)
Apply for an India visa as Ugandan citizens
Most forms can be complicated, but the Indian e-Visa for Ugandan citizens provides a simple process. You will not need more than 10 minutes to complete your application.
- The first step will ask you to fill out your general information and choose both the processing time and visa type. It will only take about 05 minutes for all that.
- The second step entails revision and payment. Make certain that all of the information you provide is completely accurate. Please double-check your spelling.
- Provide some additional documents and submit the application form for review. Applicants will wait for a maximum of 03 business days to receive the results of an e-Visa.
India e-Visa fee for Ugandan citizens
To complete the application process, you must pay the total India visa fee after submitting the application form. For more information, there are two types of fees to be aware of: Government fees and service fees.
Regarding the Government fees, because Uganda is not on India's exemption list, any Ugandan nationals traveling to India must pay them.
There are three service fee options available to you, depending on your demand:
- Normal: This is the best option if you have enough time to prepare your e-visa requirements and wait for a response. If you use this service, you will receive your e-visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: When you need your e-Visa approval as soon as possible. If you use this method, you will receive your results within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: When you need your e-visa in a matter of hours. You will receive your e-visa within 05 business hours if you use this type.
In addition, you can pay a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to increase your chances of approval and keep your benefits while traveling abroad.
To pay the money, you have two options: electronic payment or wire transfer. If you choose electronic payment, consider Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor