Indian e-Visa requirements for United Kingdom (UK) citizens
Indian culture is one of the main draws for British tourists. Not to mention the food from India, which is very well-liked in the UK. The Taj Mahal, one of the world's seven wonders, is located in the Republic of India and attracts around 70,000 visitors on its busiest days.
But before you can go to India and enjoy its culture, you need to determine whether or not you require a visa in order to travel to India from the United Kingdom. If yes, you can apply for an Indian e-Visa through Indian Immigration Services is a much more efficient alternative to going to the Indian Embassy or Consulate in the UK or using a paper visa application. Let's read below about how to apply for your Indian visa for UK citizens with us.
Table of contents:
Indian e-Visa for UK citizens
1. Indian visa for UK citizens
Do Citizens of the United Kingdom Require a Visa to Enter India?
The answer is yes. The Indian authorities started providing eVisas in 2014, and as of this writing, 166 countries are participating. The United Kingdom falls among the category of nations whose citizens are needed to have a visa before entering India. Since the Indian eVisa application is completed entirely online, it has streamlined the visa processing time and made it easier for more people to apply for visas. Your time and money will be saved by not having to schedule an appointment at the Indian embassy since the entire process is done 100% online, from application to visa fee to submission of supporting documents.
Types of Indian e-Visa for UK citizens
British citizens have several options when it comes to obtaining an Indian visa, depending on the purpose of their intended trip:
- e-Tourist 1-month Visa: double entries for 30 days
- e-Tourist 1-year Visa: multiple entries for 90 days stay
- e-Tourist 5-years Visa : multiple entries for 90 days stay
- e-Business 1-year Visa: multiple entries for 180 days stay
- e-Medical & Attendant 4-month Visa: triple entries for 60 days stay
- e-Conference 4-month Visa: single entry for 30 days stay
To get started, you need to be familiar with the documents needed to apply for the eVisa, which are the Indian visa requirements for UK citizens.
2. Check the Indian e-Visa requirements for UK citizens
The following items of documents must be presented when applying for an Indian visa in the United Kingdom:
- A scanned copy of your passport's biographical page must be included with your application. A minimum of 6 months validity on the passport is required.
- A passport-style photo taken on a white background. Taken in the last 6 months.
- A valid email must be provided
Depending on the travel purposes, there will be some extra documentation required for each type of e-visa:
- Business: An invitation letter from the company partner and staff ID card.
- Conference: Invitation letter from organizer and Political clearance from Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India.
- Medical: Medical letter from hospital in India.
In order to avoid having your eVisa application refused, please double-check that the papers you want to submit adhere to the criteria outlined above.
Visitors of the United Kingdom must meet the requirements in order to obtain an Indian Visa for UK citizens and stay in India legally.
Requirements of Indian e-Visa for UK citizens
3. How to apply for an Indian e-Visa from the UK?
Obtaining your Indian Visa need not require the trouble of visiting an embassy. If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, you can submit an e-Visa application in a few simple clicks. You'll then only need to wait for the visa's approval after submitting your application. In 04 steps you can get an Indian visa for UK citizens:
- Step 01: Submitting an online application
- Step 02: Pay a fee and submit all necessary paperwork.
- Step 03: Within a few days, you will receive your visa by email. All that's left to do is print it out and bring it with you when you check in at the airport.
- Step 04: A valid e-Visa will be stamped in your passport by Indian immigration officials upon your arrival in the country. Carrying the eVisa with you at all times in India is highly advised.
A British citizen's eVisa application for India will take a few business days (typically 3 days) to process. However, visitors should submit their e-Visa application at least 7 days before their scheduled journey to India. Because of how quickly visas are processed, British residents can easily plan a vacation to India two weeks in advance, giving them plenty of time to apply for a visa and schedule the entire trip.
British nationals can only submit an eVisa application many times as they want in a year.
Apply for an Indian e-Visa from the UK
4. Indian e-Visa fee for UK citizens
Payment of both the Government Fees and the Service Fees is required for British nationals applying for an Indian e-Visa.
Before obtaining an Indian visa for UK citizens, the Indian government requires the residents of the United Kingdom to pay a Government Fee.
Our service of advising you on the India e-Tourist visa, supplying the relevant documents, checking your application, and presenting the result of your application is contingent upon your payment of our Service Fee in advance.
Depending on your budget and how quickly you need your visa, you can select from one of three options offered by Indian Immigration Services:
- Normal Service: For residents of the United Kingdom selecting this service, your Indian e-Visa will be processed and sent to you in 03 business days.
- Urgent Service: If you are a UK citizen in need of an Indian e-Visa urgently, you can get it within 1 business day with the help of our Urgent Services for the UK.
- Super Urgent Service: If you are a British citizen and need an Indian e-Visa quickly (within 5 hours during business hours), you can take advantage of our "Super Urgent Services."
Methods for making an Indian Visa Payment for the UK: Electronic payments (through Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal) or direct transfers through the Bank of Cyprus.
Travel insurance, for a relatively low premium, provides further peace of mind in the event of an accident or illness while you're out of the country.
The cost of Indian e-Visa for British citizens