Can Australian citizens travel to India?
Yes. Australian citizens can travel to India and enjoy the stunning landscapes in the country as long as they have a valid visa at hand. In 2020, the Indian Government imposed a ban on international travel due to the spread of the coronavirus epidemic. Until 2021, when the rate of vaccination increased and the number of infectious cases decreased, the Government of India lifted the ban, allowing foreign tourists to visit India.
Instead of queueing in long lines at the Embassy to apply for a regular visa, Australians can take advantage of Indian eVisas which can be obtained online. With an electronic visa, Australian citizens can enter India through 28 airports and 05 seaports. Depending on the purpose of their trip, visitors from Australia can choose one of the 04 visa categories: Tourist eVisa, Conference eVisa, Business eVisa, and Medical eVisa.
Australian residents can apply for an India visa online at any time provided that they have a computer, smartphone, or tablet that is connected to the Internet. After filling in the application form, supplying enough required documents, and making payment for the eVisa fee, they can submit their application for review. It takes a maximum of 03 working days to process the visa application, yet Australian applicants can choose rush visa service to receive their visa in only 05 business hours.
- Which language is spoken in Goa?
- Is it hard to get a SIM card in India?
- How to travel to India from Portugal
- Can I apply for a Business Visit to India on a Portuguese passport?
- Is there a requirement for Portuguese Citizens to visit the Indian Embassy at any stage?
- Do Portuguese citizens need visas for India?
- How to travel to India from Cambodia?