Can I get a 6-month tourist visa for India?
No. Indian tourist eVisas are granted for 30 days, one year, and five years. Blessed with myriad attractions combined with a rich cultural heritage, India is among the most favored tourist destinations in the world. Except for visa-exempt countries, citizens of other nations are required to obtain a valid visa to enter and enjoy the superb landscapes in the country.
In 2015, the Indian Government established a new visa system called “electronic visa” that helps promote tourism and simplify the visa application process. According to this new policy, citizens of 165 eligible countries can legally use an electronic visa, including a tourist eVisa, to enter India. A Tourist visa is granted to a foreigner whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visits to friends or relatives, attending a short-term yoga program, etc., and no other purpose/ activity. Currently, there are three types of Indian tourist eVisa available.
- A 30-day tourist visa: Holders can stay in India for 30 days, with double entry
- A one-year tourist visa: This visa is valid for 01 year from the issued date. Its holders can remain in India for a continuous stay of up to 90 days, with multiple entries into India.
- A five-year tourist visa: This visa has a validity of 05 years, allowing its holders to enter India multiple times and stay there for up to 90 days on each trip.
- Can I fly from Dubai to Goa?
- Can I get an Indian visa for medical reasons?
- Is it safe to travel to Mumbai now?
- Can I travel to India with old OCI and new UAE passport?
- How to travel to India from UAE?
- Can UAE residents travel to India?
- How to travel to India from Singapore?
- Is India good for tourism?
- Why is India a famous tourist place?
- What is the Indian Tourist Visa Validity?