Can I get an Indian visa for medical reasons?
Yes, you can get an Indian visa for medical reasons. The Indian government provides a medical visa to foreigners who are visiting India only for medical treatment. To apply for a medical visa, you must provide the following documents:
- A valid passport.
- You must supply us with a hospital document stating where you will be receiving medical treatment.
- A scan of your passport's information page.
- You must give us information about yourself and your travel, including your email address and phone number.
- For the visa application, you must include a passport-style photo. If you don't have a current photo, you may get one quickly by using our passport photo service.
- To pay the processing charge, you'll need a debit or credit card, Visa, Master Card, Paypal, and American Express.
A medical visa application can be made online or through the Indian Immigration Services website. A medical visa normally takes 1 to 3 business days to process.
You will be permitted to stay in India for up to 60 days if your visa is issued. You can also apply for a triple-entry visa, which will allow you to visit India for medical treatment many times
Here are some additional tips for applying for a medical visa to India:
- Make an early start on the application process. A medical visa might take longer to process than other types of visas.
- Before you begin the application process, be sure that all of your paperwork is in order. This will assist to expedite the procedure and prevent delays.
- Prepare to respond to queries regarding your condition or injuries. The Indian government wishes to ensure that you are visiting India for valid medical reasons.
- If you're asking for a multiple-entry visa, bring a note from your doctor saying that you'll need to come to India for follow-up care.
- Can I fly from Dubai to Goa?
- Is it safe to travel to Mumbai now?
- Can I travel to India with old OCI and new UAE passport?
- How to travel to India from UAE?
- Can UAE residents travel to India?
- How to travel to India from Singapore?
- Is India good for tourism?
- Why is India a famous tourist place?
- What is the Indian Tourist Visa Validity?