Can I leave India on the day my visa expires?
Yes, you can leave India on the day your visa expires, but it is highly recommended that you do not do so. The normal practice should be to leave the country a few days before the visa expires.
When you enter India, you will be issued an Entry Visa, which is valid for a certain period of time. This visa duration will be stated on the visa itself. On the day that your visa expires, you are legally obligated to leave the country, or you will be considered to be staying in India illegally.
If you leave India on the day your visa expires, it can be difficult for immigration officials to verify that you have left the country on time. This could lead to delays and problems when entering India in the future. It could also lead to you being issued a fine or even being arrested and deported.
It is, therefore, highly recommended that you leave India a few days before your visa expires. This will give the immigration officials enough time to process your paperwork and ensure that you have left the country on time. In case you are unable to leave India before your visa expires, you will need to obtain a new visa. To do this, you should contact Indian Immigration Services to assist you.
- Can I fly from Dubai to Goa?
- Can I get an Indian visa for medical reasons?
- Is it safe to travel to Mumbai now?
- Can I travel to India with old OCI and new UAE passport?
- How to travel to India from UAE?
- Can UAE residents travel to India?
- How to travel to India from Singapore?
- Is India good for tourism?
- Why is India a famous tourist place?
- What is the Indian Tourist Visa Validity?