Can I live in India on a tourist visa?
No, you cannot live in India on a tourist visa. An Indian tourist visa is specifically for the purpose of travel for pleasure, and it is not valid for long-term residence in India. If you want to live in India for an extended period of time, you will need to apply for a different type of visa.
Most nations have a maximum stay of 60 days on a tourist visa. Some nations, however, may be eligible for a lengthier stay, such as 90 days. If you want to stay in India for a period of time longer than the maximum validity of your tourist visa, you must apply for an extension.
If you are detected residing in India on a tourist visa, you may be deported and barred from returning. It is critical that you obtain a suitable visa for your intended stay in India.
Here are some of the visas that you can apply for if you want to live in India for an extended period of time:
- Student & research visa
- Work visa (Employment visa)
- Retirement visa
- Business visa
- Marriage visa
- Permanent residency visa
Because the criteria for each type of visa differ, you should consult with the Indian government to determine which visa is most suited to your needs.
- Can I fly from Dubai to Goa?
- Can I get an Indian visa for medical reasons?
- Is it safe to travel to Mumbai now?
- Can I travel to India with old OCI and new UAE passport?
- How to travel to India from UAE?
- Can UAE residents travel to India?
- How to travel to India from Singapore?
- Is India good for tourism?
- Why is India a famous tourist place?
- What is the Indian Tourist Visa Validity?