Can I stay in India for more than 30 days on a tourist visa?
Yes. Travelers can totally stay in India for more than 30 days on a tourist visa if only you are applying for the right electronic visa. Indian Immigration Services is pleased to help international travelers to learn more about types of tourist visas.
At the moment, the Indian government allows travelers to apply for 3 types of tourist visas:
1-month Tourist visa: This visa is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival, which allows travelers to stay in India for 30 days with double-entry.
1-year Tourist visa: if 30 days is not enough for you to experience India, this type of visa is perfect for you with the validity up to 1 year. Travelers can use this e-visa to stay within 90 days for multiple visits.
5-year Tourist visa: This e-visa is valid for 5 years; therefore, travelers do not have to spend time applying for a new one during 5 years. With multiple entries, travelers can stay in India for 90 days.
To apply for tourist visas, travelers must check what documents they need to provide to obtain an e-visa. Beside the tourist visa, the Indian government also allows travelers to come to India with the purposes of business and medical treatment. You can apply for an Indian e-visa by clicking at the link here.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?