Can I travel to India from Canada without PR card?
A PR card is proof of your permanent residence status in Canada. All permanent residents of Canada must enter and depart the country.
The answer is Yes, you can travel to India from Canada without a Permanent Resident (PR) card, but you will need to ensure that you have the necessary travel documents and visas to enter India. Your Canadian passport will be the primary document for international travel. Here are the key steps you should follow:
- Passport: Ensure your Canadian passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended departure date from India. If you need to renew your passport, do so before your trip.
- Visa: Most travelers to India require a visa. You will need to apply for an Indian visa, which can be obtained from the Indian Immigration Services.
- Return Ticket: It's a good practice to have a return or onward ticket when entering India.
- Other Travel Documents: Depending on your circumstances and visa type, you may need additional documents such as an invitation letter, proof of accommodation, or proof of financial means to support your stay.
While a PR card is not required for travel, it's advisable to keep a valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) if you have one, as it can make re-entry to Canada smoother and easier.
You must show documentation of your permanent resident status in Canada, such as your landing papers or a copy of your PR card, when applying for a PRTD. You must also have a passport or other travel document valid for at least 6 months.
A PRTD typically takes 2-4 weeks to process. A PRTD can be obtained online or at a Canadian visa office.
- Can I fly from Dubai to Goa?
- Can I get an Indian visa for medical reasons?
- Is it safe to travel to Mumbai now?
- Can I travel to India with old OCI and new UAE passport?
- How to travel to India from UAE?
- Can UAE residents travel to India?
- How to travel to India from Singapore?
- Is India good for tourism?
- Why is India a famous tourist place?
- What is the Indian Tourist Visa Validity?