Can I travel to India with an expired passport?
No. The passport you use to enter India must be valid for no less than six months from the intended arrival date. In case your passport is about to expire, you can neither apply for an Indian visa nor enter the country. Therefore, it’s better to renew your passport if it expires within six months. Additionally, this passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
When traveling to India, the India eVisa and a valid passport are essential documents. Both must meet all requirements to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey. To guarantee a pleasant travel experience, it is essential to ensure that the information on these documents matches accurately. That’s why applicants are strongly advised to double-check all the data they provided on the visa application form when applying for an Indian visa online. Immigration authorities verify your visa application information against your passport details, and both must align to gain entry into the country. In case there is any unmatched information between the passport and visa, travelers may not be allowed to enter India.
Last but not least, if you have dual citizenship, you must travel to India with the passport you used to apply for the e visa. Otherwise, the Immigration Officer at the airport can deny your entry.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?