Can I travel to India without renewing my OCI?
If you have a valid OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) card, you can go to India without having to renew it for as long as your OCI card is active. The OCI card entitles you to repeated entries into India for the rest of your life, and you can enter and depart the country with your valid OCI card and passport.
It is important to note that the OCI card is typically valid for a lifetime, but in some cases, renewal or reissue may be required. Among these conditions are:
- Reissue of OCI Card: If your OCI card was issued when you were a minor (under the age of 20) and you later obtained a new passport, you must have the OCI card reissued with the updated passport data each time you renew your passport after the age of 20.
- Change of Personal Details: If your personal information changes, such as your name, nationality, employment, or any other pertinent information, you may need to update your OCI card. This necessitates requesting a renewal of the OCI card with the amended information.
- Loss or Damage of OCI Card: In the event that your OCI card is lost, stolen, or damaged, or if there are any errors on the card, you should apply for a new OCI card or a duplicate OCI card, depending on the circumstances. This typically involves submitting an application for reissue and paying the required fees.
In all situations, it is best to contact the official website of the Indian embassy or consulate in your country of residency to learn more about the precise information and procedures for OCI card renewal or reissue, if applicable. Before flying to India, make sure your OCI card and passport are both valid and up to date.
- Which language is spoken in Goa?
- Is it hard to get a SIM card in India?
- How to travel to India from Portugal
- Can I apply for a Business Visit to India on a Portuguese passport?
- Is there a requirement for Portuguese Citizens to visit the Indian Embassy at any stage?
- Do Portuguese citizens need visas for India?
- How to travel to India from Cambodia?