Can you get an Indian visa without renunciation?
Yes, it is possible to obtain an Indian visa without renunciation. Renunciation refers to the process of surrendering or giving up previous citizenship or nationality in order to acquire a new one. However, for obtaining an Indian visa, renunciation of previous citizenship is not a mandatory requirement.
When applying for an Indian visa, the primary focus is on meeting the eligibility criteria and fulfilling the necessary documentation and requirements specified by the Indian government. The eligibility criteria for an Indian visa are generally as follows:
- A valid passport: The passport must be valid for at least six months after the date of entry into India. Additionally, it must have a minimum of 2 blank pages for the immigration officer to stamp.
- A current, white-background passport photo is required of all applicants. The subject's face should be in the middle of the image.
- Scan of the biographical page from the passport For the visa application, a clear scanned copy of the passport's biographical page is necessary.
- Email address During the visa application procedure, it's crucial to supply a valid email address. This is required in order to get the eVisa as soon as possible.
Depending on the type of visa being applied for, additional documents may be required. For example, if a traveler is applying for an e-Conference visa, they may need to submit documents such as:
- Invitation from the organizer: The candidate must submit an official letter of invitation from the conference or event organizer in India.
- Government of India's Ministry of External Affairs' political approval: The Indian Ministry of External Affairs must provide the applicant with this clearance, which is necessary. It acts as permission to participate in a specific conference or event.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?