Do citizens of Germany need a visa to enter India?
Yes. Because Germany is excluded from the visa-free list of India, German citizens who wish to have a short visit to this country must obtain a visa beforehand. Fortunately, Germans are eligible for Indian electronic eVisa. German nationals can apply for a visa for India at the nearest Indian Embassy or online at India Immigration Services. Applying for an India visa online, thus, is more convenient and straightforward than the conventional way.
Indian eVisa for German citizens are issued for short-term stays in India for a variety of purposes. There are 04 categories of Indian eVisa available to German travelers.
- e-Tourist Visa is used for recreation, sightseeing, visiting relatives & friends purposes. Aside from the 30-day e-Tourist Visa, the Indian Government also grants long-term eVisas for 1 year & 5 years. German nationals who acquire a one-year e-tourist visa can stay in India for 365 days, while those who obtain a five-year e-tourist visa may stay up to five years provided that each stay does not exceed 90 days.
- e-Business Visa: Germans should apply for this type of visa if they plan to visit the country for business or trade activities. It allows German residents to stay in the country for up to 365 days. However, they cannot remain continuously here for longer than 180 days at a time during each visit.
- e-Conference visa: This type of visa is granted to German nationals to attend conferences, and workshops held by an Indian Ministry or Department, permitting a 30-day stay in the country.
- e-Medical Visa & Medical Attendant: Using this type of e-visa, you can enter India up to three times in total and stay in the country for 60 days.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?