Do French Passport Holders Need a Visa for India?
Yes. French passport holders have to obtain a visa to travel to India. For many years, India has been one of the most favorite countries for French travelers. The stunning natural landscapes and the diverse culture of India fascinate French citizens.
In 2014, the Indian Government launched an electronic visa system, allowing French citizens to obtain a visa online for a short trip to India. Indian eVisa can be used for various purposes including tourism, sightseeing, attending conferences, or business activities. French passport holders can apply for one of these types of visa depending on their reasons for visiting India:
- e-Tourist Visa is granted to French citizens who wish to enjoy the beauty and culture of India. It is divided into 03 categories:
- 30 days e-Tourist Visa: It permits a maximum stay of 30 days in India with double entry.
- 1 year e-Tourist Visa: Holders of this visa can enter India multiple times within 1 year validity period and remain there for up to 90 days consecutively on each trip.
- 5 years e-Tourist visa has a validity of 5 years from the issued date with multiple entries. The maximum number of days that French nationals can stay in India is 90 days per visit.
- e-Business Visa is valid for 365 days from the date of grant of an ETA with multiple entries into the country.
- e-Medical Visa: French citizens should apply for this type of visa if they need to receive medical treatments in India. They can enter India 03 times and stay there for 60 days from the arrival date.
- e-Conference Visa: This type of visa permits a duration of stay of 30 days.
- Which language is spoken in Goa?
- Is it hard to get a SIM card in India?
- How to travel to India from Portugal
- Can I apply for a Business Visit to India on a Portuguese passport?
- Is there a requirement for Portuguese Citizens to visit the Indian Embassy at any stage?
- Do Portuguese citizens need visas for India?
- How to travel to India from Cambodia?