Do I need a visa to go to India for 2 weeks?
Yes, most travelers, regardless of duration of stay, require a visa to enter India. India provides a range of visas, including tourist visas for short-term trips of up to two weeks.
To visit India for 2 weeks, you normally need to apply for an Indian tourist visa (also known as an "Electronic Tourist Visa" or "eVisa"). At India Immigration Services, we office three types of Tourist e-Visas:
Indian e-Tourist Visa: With the Indian e-Tourist Visa, you have the option to stay in India for a duration of 30 days starting from your arrival date. It's important to note that this type of visa is valid for a double entry and cannot be exchanged or converted.
If you wish to extend your stay in India for leisure purposes, visiting relatives and friends, or participating in short-term yoga programs and local language classes, you have the opportunity to apply for a long-term e-tourist visa. Examples of such visas include the India Tourist Visa for 1 Year and 5 Years. These long-term visas allow travelers to make multiple entries into India and stay for less than 180 days for each subsequent visit.
In addition, we also provide visas with different purposes, including Indian e-Business Visa, Indian e-Conference Visa and Indian e-Medical Visa.
It's important to note that visa requirements and processes can change, and it's always advisable to check the official website of the Indian embassy or consulate in your country or contact us for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding visa requirements, application procedures, and any specific conditions applicable to your situation.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?